Light Tank Spam- And The Strategy Behind it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's suitable for new players on a small map.
      Nothing wrong with that.
      Until it's sold as a strategy viable for beating experienced players on large maps.
      The author of the post doesn't want to put in a disclaimer, because he doesn't know any better.
      But that's ok, we know :)
    • Undaunted wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

He's not, his profile confirms that he actually does spam light tanks, to the tune of a 0.88 PVP k/d and 9 wins in 62 games. Excluding Infantry, which is the most-lost unit for most players due to starting units, Light Tanks make up the largest chunk of his casualties.
      probably he won at maps which ones had only inactive players or inexperienced players
      If i may, one of the ones i fought in was a RtW, 7 players were above the level of 50, and 1 was 92, most stayed active, no need to call shit on me and say i'm only good at killing bots and noobs.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Oh, and this post is a play by play of my current game, so if i win this then that'll be pretty funny considering that ya'll think this strategy is horrible.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • And if i may interject again, one of these games, were a Pacific 50, so, if you all think this tactic is bad, then i urge you to play a game with me, you can pick the map(minus 100 player i dont have time for those), but instead of fighting each other we with with each other, because you know my strategy you'll just spam anti-tank units, but i will prove somehow this tactic is good no matter what it takes.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I've seen a variation of this strategy used very effectively in a recent game. However, as a disclaimer, it was not on a standard map. It was used in an AvA style non-gold event on the 100 player map. We had an opponent build little more than just Pan Asian Light Tanks and ACs, keeping them max level and was an incredible challenge to deal with in the mid-game. Now since it was an AvA game, he had the luxury of being able to rely on partners for a navy and air force as well as resource sharing. I don't know how viable this is on a regular, large map. However, with the Pan Asian speed and view range bonuses together with the PA buffs for LT and AC against unarmored units, they were able to just break through our lines and go from capital-to-capital wreaking havoc along the way.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• Fox-Company wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

He's not, his profile confirms that he actually does spam light tanks, to the tune of a 0.88 PVP k/d and 9 wins in 62 games. Excluding Infantry, which is the most-lost unit for most players due to starting units, Light Tanks make up the largest chunk of his casualties.
      probably he won at maps which ones had only inactive players or inexperienced players
      If i may, one of the ones i fought in was a RtW, 7 players were above the level of 50, and 1 was 92, most stayed active, no need to call shit on me and say i'm only good at killing bots and noobs.
      do you think really 50 level is pro ??? there are players who are 150 level with 0.50 k/d ratio
      If you play 50 games at the same time you can be 200 level easily

1 was 92 LOL I'm still thinking you are kidding with us
    • Fox-Company wrote:

And if i may interject again, one of these games, were a Pacific 50, so, if you all think this tactic is bad, then i urge you to play a game with me, you can pick the map(minus 100 player i dont have time for those), but instead of fighting each other we with with each other, because you know my strategy you'll just spam anti-tank units, but i will prove somehow this tactic is good no matter what it takes.
      lets look your last sentence , you know my strategy and you will just spam light tanks
      dont you think when a player saw your army at your map he will produce anti tanks units ??
      LOL
      by the way you were saying there is no unit to destroy light armor in game
      so what is the problem for you ?
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Oh, and this post is a play by play of my current game, so if i win this then that'll be pretty funny considering that ya'll think this strategy is horrible.
      This is what I assumed this thread would become when you made the original post: players critiquing your strategy while you get defensive and ignore valid points made by everyone else. It was clear from the start that you aren't interested in discussion or feedback and that you just wanted to rant to justify your own strategy.

Winning games is not evidence of a great strategy. Earlier I proposed playing a game with only militia and railroad guns, for fun. If I won that game, would that mean that my strategy was actually good?
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Oh, and this post is a play by play of my current game, so if i win this then that'll be pretty funny considering that ya'll think this strategy is horrible.
      This is what I assumed this thread would become when you made the original post: players critiquing your strategy while you get defensive and ignore valid points made by everyone else. It was clear from the start that you aren't interested in discussion or feedback and that you just wanted to rant to justify your own strategy.
      Winning games is not evidence of a great strategy. Earlier I proposed playing a game with only militia and railroad guns, for fun. If I won that game, would that mean that my strategy was actually good?
      if it works against other valid strategies then yes, they would mean its a legit strategy that can be taken seriously.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • And its not a rant about me being defensive, its me trying to get people to take Light Tank Spam seriously, its a strategy i use alot and it always works in games i'm committed and active in.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Undaunted wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

And if i may interject again, one of these games, were a Pacific 50, so, if you all think this tactic is bad, then i urge you to play a game with me, you can pick the map(minus 100 player i dont have time for those), but instead of fighting each other we with with each other, because you know my strategy you'll just spam anti-tank units, but i will prove somehow this tactic is good no matter what it takes.
      lets look your last sentence , you know my strategy and you will just spam light tanksdont you think when a player saw your army at your map he will produce anti tanks units ??
      LOL
      Would you change your tactic mid-game to battle one foe? i didn't think so.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I've seen a variation of this strategy used very effectively in a recent game. However, as a disclaimer, it was not on a standard map. It was used in an AvA style non-gold event on the 100 player map. We had an opponent build little more than just Pan Asian Light Tanks and ACs, keeping them max level and was an incredible challenge to deal with in the mid-game. Now since it was an AvA game, he had the luxury of being able to rely on partners for a navy and air force as well as resource sharing. I don't know how viable this is on a regular, large map. However, with the Pan Asian speed and view range bonuses together with the PA buffs for LT and AC against unarmored units, they were able to just break through our lines and go from capital-to-capital wreaking havoc along the way.
      As stated here(not to get you into the firing lane)this is a viable strategy.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

I've seen a variation of this strategy used very effectively in a recent game. However, as a disclaimer, it was not on a standard map. It was used in an AvA style non-gold event on the 100 player map. We had an opponent build little more than just Pan Asian Light Tanks and ACs, keeping them max level and was an incredible challenge to deal with in the mid-game. Now since it was an AvA game, he had the luxury of being able to rely on partners for a navy and air force as well as resource sharing. I don't know how viable this is on a regular, large map. However, with the Pan Asian speed and view range bonuses together with the PA buffs for LT and AC against unarmored units, they were able to just break through our lines and go from capital-to-capital wreaking havoc along the way.
      As stated here(not to get you into the firing lane)this is a viable strategy.
      There were considerably unique circumstances in this game. Alliance vs Alliance games tend to gravitate towards very specialized builds and other equally unique circumstances. For instance, I should have also included in my initial post this player in particular was no where near the front lines, he literally started surrounded by alliance mates and AI countries. It also included a peace period where you have a certain amount of time where you know you can build up and be confident no other players will attack you.

Plus playing as Pan Asian with this strategy also helped make it viable in this circumstance. In my opinion, other doctrines would struggle to replicate its success. Comintern would be the most viable because of their ability to spam units. Axis and Allies both get delayed access to upgrades. ACs and LTs have an advantage of speed, which would make this hard to do with the Allied doctrine. I'm less familiar with Axis so don't want to even offer an opinion on its viability.

As others have pointed out, one key element to this game is to have a diverse plan and not overly rely on one tactic or unit. You need to be able to adapt your tactics to what your opponents are using to truly be successful.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• Fox-Company wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

lets look your last sentence , you know my strategy and you will just spam light tanksdont you think when a player saw your army at your map he will produce anti tanks units ??LOL
      Would you change your tactic mid-game to battle one foe? i didn't think so.
      yeah we use spies for this , ıf you dont change your strategy , you can lose game
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Its not about simplicity, it's about not even letting your enemy attack, give me a time when a newbie goes straight for good tactics. they spam infantry then upgrade it, that's the most common tactic. therefore this is a good tactic, but Armored cars are easily defeated by Med tanks. and Med tanks are easily defeated by playing tag with artillery and using AT's.
      the Most Common tactics for a noob is go straight to the tank tab and spam Heavy tanks, only heavy tanks
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317: