Light Tank Spam- And The Strategy Behind it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Just adding planes isn't going to be enough against good players but I'm sure it works fine against most of the people you'll run into
      The only case I can see is very late game when they have hordes of planes and heavier stacks of their own. I’m that case you’d be right. But the OP seemed to be talking more about smaller maps, and this strategy even works commonly on large ones too. You just have to be fast and now allow the enemy to build up a large high level land and Air Force.
      Which is why the comintern and allies doctrines suck.
      Oh my goodness please don’t tell me you just said that…
      Here's my order of doctrines:1. Axis
      2. Pan Asian
      3. Allies
      4. Comintern
      I would Allies and Commie with Axis, generally. Some maps are really good with Pan Asian, but Axis is almost always the worst. Fact is higher level units will beat better ones, and more units will beat less even if better then them.
      Don't play comintern unless you want your stats to suffer. The one time I played Volga Nzhny in WaW, my K/D went down from 6.80 to 6.17...

And if you border an Axis nation at the start of the game, and if that Axis nation decides to attack you... it's game over.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Here's my order of doctrines:1. Axis2. Pan Asian
      3. Allies
      4. Comintern
      I would Allies and Commie with Axis, generally. Some maps are really good with Pan Asian, but Axis is almost always the worst. Fact is higher level units will beat better ones, and more units will beat less even if better then them.
      Don't play comintern unless you want your stats to suffer. The one time I played Volga Nzhny in WaW, my K/D went down from 6.80 to 6.17...
      And if you border an Axis nation at the start of the game, and if that Axis nation decides to attack you... it's game over.
      Did you win? If so it doesn’t matter. Plus I prefer historical maps so I guess that also kinda causes our rift. Historical US, Soviets are crazy, even compared to Germany!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Just adding planes isn't going to be enough against good players but I'm sure it works fine against most of the people you'll run into
      The only case I can see is very late game when they have hordes of planes and heavier stacks of their own. I’m that case you’d be right. But the OP seemed to be talking more about smaller maps, and this strategy even works commonly on large ones too. You just have to be fast and now allow the enemy to build up a large high level land and Air Force.
      Here's my order of doctrines:
      1. Axis
      2. Pan Asian
      3. Allies
      4. Comintern
      Swap allies with comintern and there you go
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Here's my order of doctrines:1. Axis2. Pan Asian
      3. Allies
      4. Comintern
      It depends on the style. I can see how this would be true for many players.

For the longest time, Comintern was my favorite. I have stats most consider fairly decent.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Here's my order of doctrines:1. Axis2. Pan Asian3. Allies
      4. Comintern
      Don't play comintern unless you want your stats to suffer. The one time I played Volga Nzhny in WaW, my K/D went down from 6.80 to 6.17...And if you border an Axis nation at the start of the game, and if that Axis nation decides to attack you... it's game over.
      It depends on the style. I can see how this would be true for many players.
      For the longest time, Comintern was my favorite. I have stats most consider fairly decent.
      Allies are actually pretty decent. You get earlier access to secret tech, and shortened research/production times.

As for the -10% speed debuff, I usually play with fast units so it doesn't really matter for me.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Best Doctrines in order:
      1.Allied
      2.Allied
      3.Allied
      14.Pan-Asian
      5.Allied
      4.Axis
      11.Allied

There you go.
      Allies is a very odd choice for an LT spam strategy. Your reduced speed and delayed access to LT upgrades has to be crippling. I can see this strategy having some practical application with other doctrines; especially Pan Asian. The allied reduced speed will make it difficult to engage in melee and rush through any gaps in lines that you are able to create.

I agree with other comments, you would need some kind of air defense. Allied or Pan Asian could do interceptors. Axis or allied could do SPAA. Commies could just rely on the cheap units and flood their opponents with quantity.

The terrain would also be important. An LT spam would be good at grabbing lightly defended cities and in high plains areas, could be effective at getting the enemy to retreat to their cities, but you still don’t have a method of actually taking defended cities.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Allies are actually pretty decent. You get earlier access to secret tech, and shortened research/production times.
      As for the -10% speed debuff, I usually play with fast units so it doesn't really matter for me.

Have you ever tried to use Allied light tanks against Pan Asian light tanks?

I know the answer is "no".

Please try, reflect, and adjust your opinion.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

I have, i won. and it was actually kinda easy.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Oh sorry. I thought we were talking about best doctrine in general, not best doctrine for LT spam.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Oh sorry. I thought we were talking about best doctrine in general, not best doctrine for LT spam.
      3 Reasons why Allied is best for LT Spam.

1. Optimized Upgrading, the strategy requires to be able to make tons of lvl 1, then steadily upgrade them to max level(you can get)

2. Faster production, if you have more, the better off you are.

3. The speed debuff does little to actually affect the tactic.

Why Pan-Asian is not:

1. Less health.

2. The countries Pan-Asian such do not have the best terrain for it.

In a head to head, even fight, the 20% chance would be what decides who wins.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • You are all crazy and wrong. Period. Nuke only spam is the only path forward period. Maybe you can convince me to grab a couple medium tanks for clean up, but nukes solve every problem and are the greatest creation ever made. No horde of light tanks can stop a big fire sun mushroom. Not even the great plane storm can overwhelm the holy power of explosive atom splitting that are nukes. Even Fox the Contrarian would testify to the unimaginable power of the great nuke.

Nukes forever!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • There's just so much wrong in that post that I feel like I have to go point by point.

1) Allies have cheaper upgrades, yes, but they also are four (!) days behind Pan Asian in research levels. Also, you never want to steadily upgrade units, you want to chunk it into as few upgrades as possible. Light tanks only have 5 levels; if you're upgrading more than twice, you're wasting resources.

2) Production speed is not that much of an advantage unless you're constantly producing units, because it helps you maximize your consumption of resources. I doubt this is the case in most games.

3) Speed is one of the few things that light tanks actually do well, and enable it to outrun stacks that might otherwise threaten it. A ~30% speed difference is enormous and means Pan Asian tanks can outrun basically anything.

As for Pan Asian LTs, yes they do have less health. Fair point. However, they're also 15% stronger against the main targets for LTs (light armor) AND 15% stronger against the secondary targets for LTs, unarmored. Additionally, with plains being the most common terrain on most maps, Pan Asian tanks are likely to take advantage of their extra terrain bonus a decent amount of the time (made easier by their speed advantage).

Allies light tanks being the best for spamming is one of the hottest takes I've seen on this forum.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

No, just no
      15 Reasons why i say yes

1.yes
      2.yes
      3.yes
      4.yes
      5.yes
      6.yes
      7.yes
      8.yes
      9.yes
      10.yes
      11.yes
      12.yes
      13.yes
      14.yes
      15.yes

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.