Light Tank Spam- And The Strategy Behind it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I will worry about this when it happens, but i CAN STILL use my starting troops, if i send these instead at other inf with the AC's then time to rush in with my LT's, i've done this multiple times, it does not affect me, any who the first game will be starting today, i will be playing Canada on a 22 CoN. LT's,Navy, and Arty will be used this time around.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I ran into some one like this he only made LT max level in 100 map he was Commie and i am allies , will i destroyed his precious 150 LT with Air superiority without combat him with my army which is very strong by the way it mixed from all land branches we were at day 24 from the game.
      its not about spamming its about make a lot of choices to counters your enemy and the combined arms tactics give you that.
    • marshallotfy wrote:

I ran into some one like this he only made LT max level in 100 map he was Commie and i am allies , will i destroyed his precious 150 LT with Air superiority without combat him with my army which is very strong by the way it mixed from all land branches we were at day 24 from the game.
      its not about spamming its about make a lot of choices to counters your enemy and the combined arms tactics give you that.
      I was playing as germany at historical map against mongolia

he had only commandos and light tanks , he had many because of x4 speed , I destroyed his all units with planes without combat with my ground units

LT spam doesn't work even you think goal of planes isn't to destroy light armor units
    • AMG Morgan wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

plus youve never played the side of the LT so you legit cannot say its bad
      Majority of people haven't taken Poison but they still know Poison is bad for you. i have to disagree with this particular argument
      You cant say that its poison if you haven't tested it.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Alright look, if I had not played a game with fox I may actually agree that light tank spam sucks. And while I still think it can be countered by an active player with planes and MTs, I didn’t see that this game. We had faced multiple enemies with all sorts of strategy’s, yet none of them even managed to slow us down. Thanks in part to the power of light tank spam, especially while working with Allies you can even win a WaW. If that’s not proof then I don’t know what is. Light tank spam is definitely a viable strategy, though I’d definitely add planes to the pile.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Alright look, if I had not played a game with fox I may actually agree that light tank spam sucks. And while I still think it can be countered by an active player with planes and MTs, I didn’t see that this game. We had faced multiple enemies with all sorts of strategy’s, yet none of them even managed to slow us down. Thanks in part to the power of light tank spam, especially while working with Allies you can even win a WaW. If that’s not proof then I don’t know what is. Light tank spam is definitely a viable strategy, though I’d definitely add planes to the pile.
      Make it light tanks, armoured cars for Ack-Ack and Anti-infantry value, and some bombers and/or SP arty, and I'm in.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Alright look, if I had not played a game with fox I may actually agree that light tank spam sucks. And while I still think it can be countered by an active player with planes and MTs, I didn’t see that this game. We had faced multiple enemies with all sorts of strategy’s, yet none of them even managed to slow us down. Thanks in part to the power of light tank spam, especially while working with Allies you can even win a WaW. If that’s not proof then I don’t know what is. Light tank spam is definitely a viable strategy, though I’d definitely add planes to the pile.
      Make it light tanks, armoured cars for Ack-Ack and Anti-infantry value, and some bombers, and I'm in.
      I’d throw out the cars for some motorized infantry. As the King of cars my judgment is final! But apart from that the strategy is golden.

• jubjub bird wrote:

I'm glad it worked out for you all. It's still a strategy with many flaws that's easily countered by good players but it's nice to see that it's good enough to get a WaW win.
      I think what would fix it is simply use of planes. These will help take care of heavier stacks built to combat you, solving their main weaknesses.

• jubjub bird wrote:

Just adding planes isn't going to be enough against good players but I'm sure it works fine against most of the people you'll run into
      The only case I can see is very late game when they have hordes of planes and heavier stacks of their own. I’m that case you’d be right. But the OP seemed to be talking more about smaller maps, and this strategy even works commonly on large ones too. You just have to be fast and now allow the enemy to build up a large high level land and Air Force.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Just adding planes isn't going to be enough against good players but I'm sure it works fine against most of the people you'll run into
      The only case I can see is very late game when they have hordes of planes and heavier stacks of their own. I’m that case you’d be right. But the OP seemed to be talking more about smaller maps, and this strategy even works commonly on large ones too. You just have to be fast and now allow the enemy to build up a large high level land and Air Force.
      Which is why the comintern and allies doctrines suck.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Oh my goodness please don’t tell me you just said that…

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Here's my order of doctrines:

1. Axis
      2. Pan Asian
      3. Allies
      4. Comintern
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Here's my order of doctrines:
      1. Axis
      2. Pan Asian
      3. Allies
      4. Comintern
      I would Allies and Commie with Axis, generally. Some maps are really good with Pan Asian, but Axis is almost always the worst. Fact is higher level units will beat better ones, and more units will beat less even if better then them.