20 active players from 100 players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 20 active players from 100 players

for first days always when I played world war 100p map , there are about 20 players , there are 4 coalitions with full members and a few one member coalition with who will go inactive after two days , I never saw 40 or 60 player

why it is always close to 20 , is there any mathematical explanation about this ? what do you think about it ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Undaunted ().

• Undaunted wrote:

always when I played world war 100p map , there are about 20 players , there are 4 coalitions with full members and a few one member coalition with who will go inactive after two days , I never saw 40 or 60 player

why it is always close to 20 , is there any mathematical explanation about this ? what do you think about it ?
      I've seen otherwise. I've played a few and generally there seem to be 80 or 90 active in the first day (a few twits log in and do absolutely nothing), 60 after the 2-day inactivity period finished, and 40-30 after a week. Only in the endgame when most countries have been eaten up by the empires, are there fewer than 10 (though generally five or six countries are very powerful). But maybe I'm lucky.
      Also, does anybody know why Goias is so powerful?
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

always when I played world war 100p map , there are about 20 players , there are 4 coalitions with full members and a few one member coalition with who will go inactive after two days , I never saw 40 or 60 player

I've seen otherwise. I've played a few and generally there seem to be 80 or 90 active in the first day (a few twits log in and do absolutely nothing), 60 after the 2-day inactivity period finished, and 40-30 after a week. Only in the endgame when most countries have been eaten up by the empires, are there fewer than 10 (though generally five or six countries are very powerful). But maybe I'm lucky.Also, does anybody know why Goias is so powerful?
      I meant coalition section generally have 20 player
    • Undaunted wrote:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

I've seen otherwise. I've played a few and generally there seem to be 80 or 90 active in the first day (a few twits log in and do absolutely nothing), 60 after the 2-day inactivity period finished, and 40-30 after a week. Only in the endgame when most countries have been eaten up by the empires, are there fewer than 10 (though generally five or six countries are very powerful). But maybe I'm lucky.Also, does anybody know why Goias is so powerful?
      What exactly is meant be coalition section?
      — Marshal Foch

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

What exactly is meant be coalition section?
      at first days when you looked to coalitions there are 4-5 coalition and there are about 20 player who are members of them , 20/100 , 22/100 , 18/100 etc.
    • I don't understand why people tend to join games, then proceed to abandon them. If you know you won't be spending time playing, what's the point of hopping into it in the first place. Looking at the Europe - Clash of Nations (22p) map, most of them are level 1 players (who are probably playing their first game). Yet, almost all of these newcomers give up right away without making a single actions. It makes me wonder if they are real players or not, as their usernames are always "user + a string of numbers, like an ID".

I am by no means an experienced player, and I know this is obvious to most, but the "abandon rate" is extremely high. What's my point? Uh...just puzzled about why some players join and give up almost instantly.
      "An army is a team. Lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton
    • Per5eu5 wrote:

makes me wonder if they are real players or not, as their usernames are always "user + a string of numbers, like an ID
      I think those are mobile players without a real username. I'd guess a lot of them click on an ad to check it out and decide not to play. It does seem like a surprisingly high percentage of players join game but don't play though.
    • Per5eu5 wrote:

I don't understand why people tend to join games, then proceed to abandon them. If you know you won't be spending time playing, what's the point of hopping into it in the first place. Looking at the Europe - Clash of Nations (22p) map, most of them are level 1 players (who are probably playing their first game). Yet, almost all of these newcomers give up right away without making a single actions. It makes me wonder if they are real players or not, as their usernames are always "user + a string of numbers, like an ID".

I am by no means an experienced player, and I know this is obvious to most, but the "abandon rate" is extremely high. What's my point? Uh...just puzzled about why some players join and give up almost instantly.
      I agree it's pretty stupid. I've played with some actually competent user123456's, but probably most change their name at first opportunity. Many quit as they decide they don't like Call of War after all, or don't know how to play. That is to be expected on the tutorial map though it frustrates those who continue to play Clash of Nations, like me.

I consider myself and others, upon logging on, to have made an implicit commitment to the other players to continue playing. It goes under mutual respect and also a sense of honour in battle. Ideally we should play to the end; if one goes inactive due to getting bored, he does not value others' experience, which we all must try to do.
      However, like most commitments it can be sacrificed. If education, family, work, or for some, religion, get in the way I see nothing wrong with quitting in those circumstances, although a warning is courteous.

But yes, I agree that inactivity is the worst problem with the community. Ultimately it's an attitude thing, I think. Maybe we need our own equivalent of the sociopathic little Duolingo Owl that sends passive-aggressive threats if you don't participate in a game you're playing.
      — Marshal Foch

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• jubjub bird wrote:

I almost never join a coalition until after day 4 because I want to see who goes AI. My guess is there are some players you're missing who aren't in coalitions.
      I’m with JubJub bird. When I join a map, I’m always active. I don’t understand why you would think someone is inactive just because they haven’t joined a coalition yet. There are plenty of reasons not to join a coalition right away. The most obvious, as has been pointed out is to gauge who is active. I usually try not to make it obvious who I’m partnering with until it’s time to wrap up the game. Sometimes I don’t start a coalition until two or three days before the game is over.
    • I think it's mainly the fear of starting a game with 99 different players who could potentially attack you which often makes many newish players join coalition so that they can be safe against that more aggressive type of players, which, tbh, is rarely the case. So no, i do not think there's a more complex explanation about human psychology and behaviors/etc about this
    • Most of the coalitions that are formed on day one are really weak. Usually too closely packed to have any expansion space. It is like a doomsday sign, "when you join one you will be wrapped up quickly by some shark". I often take on five man coalitions in my home continent and beat them all on my own.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.