[Rant] Competent Axis Powers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Rant] Competent Axis Powers

Competent Axis powers — as rare as hen's teeth. In most HWW rounds, the big three axis nations of Germany, Italy, and sometimes Japan are almost always snaffled by noobs, wehraboos, and lobby campers. Typically they either go inactive after 3 days, or change their name to Adolf H*tler and title to Fuhrer, and spam the news (I've no beef with RP'ers, but there are limits). Some are neo-nazis or trolls. Japan to a lesser extent, because it's Pan-Asian, and Italy too, but the overwhelming number of Germany players do this.
      Case in point: In a Historic game, I've convinced (as Japan) Germany, Persia and Romania to invade Russia while I take everything to Lake Baikal. Germany committed but went inactive. Romania got invaded. In the end it was only me and Persia showing up. Italy and Poland meanwhile took his stuff. This was the most recent one.
      It's even worse in Clash of Nations due to new players.
      The other problem is British Empire players. They are similarly incompetent, and this upsets the balance of power very much. I've seen him and India go inactive and Tibet form a vast The Secret of the Swordfish-esque empire blanketing Asia and the Pacific in the resulting power vacuum, which was funny I guess.

Re Wehraboos: please stop. It's cringe.
      Re inactive players: bagging good nations and not committing is irresponsible and selfish.

Most of us probably know this, the forums are likely littered with it, but this is a rant, not a heads-up.
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Competent Axis powers — as rare as hen's teeth. In most HWW rounds, the big three axis nations of Germany, Italy, and sometimes Japan are almost always snaffled by noobs, wehraboos, and lobby campers. Typically they either go inactive after 3 days, or change their name to Adolf H*tler and title to Fuhrer, and spam the news (I've no beef with RP'ers, but there are limits). Some are neo-nazis or trolls. Japan to a lesser extent, because it's Pan-Asian, and Italy too, but the overwhelming number of Germany players do this.
      Case in point: In a Historic game, I've convinced (as Japan) Germany, Persia and Romania to invade Russia while I take everything to Lake Baikal. Germany committed but went inactive. Romania got invaded. In the end it was only me and Persia showing up. Italy and Poland meanwhile took his stuff. This was the most recent one.
      It's even worse in Clash of Nations due to new players.
      The other problem is British Empire players. They are similarly incompetent, and this upsets the balance of power very much. I've seen him and India go inactive and Tibet form a vast The Secret of the Swordfish-esque empire blanketing Asia and the Pacific in the resulting power vacuum, which was funny I guess.

Re Wehraboos: please stop. It's cringe.
      Re inactive players: bagging good nations and not committing is irresponsible and selfish.

Most of us probably know this, the forums are likely littered with it, but this is a rant, not a heads-up.
      If I choose germany directly , game will end at seventh day and others will go inactive
      so I choose smaller country than germany to give chance other people and for more challenge
      but they still go inactive and game will end at fifteenth day , It is harder than first choice and still boring

even you give them big countries they are go inactive
      historical maps are very boring I'm bored to fight with AI
    • Bytro

Please consider a system where players earn the right to play more powerful nations. A simple level requirement is a start. Even better, play N rounds of a historical map to play a larger nation on that map. Every map could have its own ranking system. These ranks could also be new achievements. Have you reached world power status on every map in the game? This system could have 3 purposes:

1. Less chance of an inactive major power wrecking the game.
      2. Gives players something to aspire to and work towards.
      3. Encourage new players to learn basic skills playing smaller nations, without getting overwhelmed by skill it takes to manage a large empire and fight on multiple fronts.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Bytro

Please consider a system where players earn the right to play more powerful nations. A simple level requirement is a start. Even better, play N rounds of a historical map to play a larger nation on that map. Every map could have its own ranking system. These ranks could also be new achievements. Have you reached world power status on every map in the game? This system could have 3 purposes:

3. Encourage new players to learn basic skills playing smaller nations, without getting overwhelmed by skill it takes to manage a large empire and fight on multiple fronts.
      Good idea.
      On the other hand, the map is only available to lvl. 17 or above in any case. My second game was HWW as the Netherlands (in which I came second) which demonstrates that even an ignorant and inexperienced player can play well with a small nation. Nevertheless, this would mean that experienced players would have easy victims to eat (Japan can easily overrun Manchukuo within 17 hours of the game starting) and in doing so would become complacent; they would be disincentivised to play smaller nations, like Tibet, as a challenge (above Tibetan incident notwithstanding); smaller players may well be discouraged by being invaded by powerful nations. Mind you, they can always practice on other maps.
      A good idea nonetheless. While the status quo is acceptable this innovation is ingenius and has advantages.
      I do think, though, that the problem is lobby campers, and that breed of player who joins seven games and only plays one.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Bytro

I think you should add this as suggestion at forum
    • Choosing germany usually means you are a noob player who needs the benefit of better units/research to win games.
      I find that veteran HWW players are much more likely to play as countries like Argentina, Spain or Romania than as Germany.

One time in an All In round the Germany player (lvl 22) got attacked by Luxembourg, who was able to take 4 German cities, because germany had sent most of his units abroad to attack (get this) Brazil. And by the time those units arrived in Brazil, germany only had a few core provinces left.

In summary, HWW Germany (like other features of this game) can be abused if it is not used correctly, or within reason.
      There are some responsible players out there, love y'all, but the vast majority of germany players are neo-n@zi wehraboos or incoherent noobs.
    • Erezuma wrote:

Choosing germany usually means you are a noob player who needs the benefit of better units/research to win games.
      I find that veteran HWW players are much more likely to play as countries like Argentina, Spain or Romania than as Germany.

One time in an All In round the Germany player (lvl 22) got attacked by Luxembourg, who was able to take 4 German cities, because germany had sent most of his units abroad to attack (get this) Brazil. And by the time those units arrived in Brazil, germany only had a few core provinces left.

In summary, HWW Germany (like other features of this game) can be abused if it is not used correctly, or within reason.
      There are some responsible players out there, love y'all, but the vast majority of germany players are neo-n@zi wehraboos or incoherent noobs.
      As a frequent Netherlands player Luxembourg is lousy with anti-tank guns. Probably he tried to invade using armour without scouting first.
      You mentioned South America.
      For some reason and I have no idea why South America is super buffed. Surely there's a reason they don't make a Greater Pan-Southern Hemisphere Co-Prosperity Sphere in real life? If so it probably ought to be implemented.