Release Notes - 2022-11-22

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2022-11-22

Attention, Generals!

Today we’ve added two new terrain textures! In the north you will find a cold, icy tundra, while arid zones are dominated by dry, unforgiving deserts! Tundra and desert provinces are just a visual variation of the Plains terrain and grant the same terrain bonuses, making tanks and Motorized Infantry the weapon of choice to dominate the battlefield with.
      We also took this chance to improve the look and feel of plains and forest textures. Not only are they now more beautiful, they are also more easily distinguishable from one another. This will allow a savvy commander to quickly analyze and exploit the battlefield’s environments.

Good news for diplomats: we’ve fixed the bug that caused the chat to not scroll to the newest message anymore when exchanging diplomatic messages. It will now automatically scroll to the newest available message.
      Further, we’ve improved access to the general chat on mobile devices. While in the main menu, you can now open the chat from the “More” menu in the bottom taskbar.

For a closer look at all the changes please check out the detailed Release Notes and share your feedback with us right here on the Forums and on our Discord Server.

We wish you success on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Geden wrote:

Attention, Generals!

Today we’ve added two new terrain textures! In the north you will find a cold, icy tundra, while arid zones are dominated by dry, unforgiving deserts! Tundra and desert provinces are just a visual variation of the Plains terrain and grant the same terrain bonuses, making tanks and Motorized Infantry the weapon of choice to dominate the battlefield with.
      We also took this chance to improve the look and feel of plains and forest textures. Not only are they now more beautiful, they are also more easily distinguishable from one another. This will allow a savvy commander to quickly analyze and exploit the battlefield’s environments.

Good news for diplomats: we’ve fixed the bug that caused the chat to not scroll to the newest message anymore when exchanging diplomatic messages. It will now automatically scroll to the newest available message.
      Further, we’ve improved access to the general chat on mobile devices. While in the main menu, you can now open the chat from the “More” menu in the bottom taskbar.

For a closer look at all the changes please check out the detailed Release Notes and share your feedback with us right here on the Forums and on our Discord Server.

We wish you success on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
      Manager, I appreciate the dedication the team has to the game.
      This is an excellent feature to implement and makes our Hokushin-ron or Western Desert campaigns highly enjoyable. I am happy that the Bytro team are able to make suggestions and criticism of players realisable, and I admire its execution (I also think that forests should recieve similar treatment as seeing pine taiga while fighting my way through Burma or Malaya is incongruous).
      Nevertheless while the idea, and in many ways the textures, are beautiful, the resultant map is not. It may be a bug due to new features, or deliberate, but when selected provinces turn purple. This clashes aesthetically with the game's preferred palate of tans and browns.
      Furthermore, when zoomed out, terrains are no longer visible. This uglifies the map. Again I expect this is a teething pain of the new feature that will be doubtless ironned out. Even so it makes the map undesirable for those who wish to look upon their mighty empires, and for YouTubers who provide a good deal of publicity for the game.
      If possible, could it be articulated to the developers that some dislike certain side-effects of the change (I know from chatting that many players agree) and wish them to be altered or rectified?
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh
    • Geden wrote:

we’ve fixed the bug that caused the chat to not scroll to the newest message anymore when exchanging diplomatic messages
      when will the news and diplomatic messages be relieved from the misery of spontaneously
      jumping to the top of the menu, causing the user to laboriously scroll down to the
      article/message of interest, only to have the same 'jump to the top' occur half way thru reading the article/message?
    • cycle9 wrote:

Geden wrote:

we’ve fixed the bug that caused the chat to not scroll to the newest message anymore when exchanging diplomatic messages
      when will the news and diplomatic messages be relieved from the misery of spontaneouslyjumping to the top of the menu, causing the user to laboriously scroll down to the
      article/message of interest, only to have the same 'jump to the top' occur half way thru reading the article/message?
      The cause of that, as I am given to understand, is that when the pop-up ad rears its ugly head the newspaper changes shape to accommodate it, thus changing the mouse's position on the scroll bar.
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Manager, I appreciate the dedication the team has to the game.This is an excellent feature to implement and makes our Hokushin-ron or Western Desert campaigns highly enjoyable. I am happy that the Bytro team are able to make suggestions and criticism of players realisable, and I admire its execution (I also think that forests should recieve similar treatment as seeing pine taiga while fighting my way through Burma or Malaya is incongruous).
      Nevertheless while the idea, and in many ways the textures, are beautiful, the resultant map is not. It may be a bug due to new features, or deliberate, but when selected provinces turn purple. This clashes aesthetically with the game's preferred palate of tans and browns.
      Furthermore, when zoomed out, terrains are no longer visible. This uglifies the map. Again I expect this is a teething pain of the new feature that will be doubtless ironned out. Even so it makes the map undesirable for those who wish to look upon their mighty empires, and for YouTubers who provide a good deal of publicity for the game.
      If possible, could it be articulated to the developers that some dislike certain side-effects of the change (I know from chatting that many players agree) and wish them to be altered or rectified?
      Thanks for the feedback!
      The purple selection color is *probably* a bug, I will forward it as such.
      That province borders and terrain is faded out on furthest out zoom levels is a deliberate choice and actually stems from user feedback that we received when we first introduced the new map graphics, because in the older map version we also did not show border on far-out zoom levels, which some users prefered. Makes sense that some players like you think otherwise, may come down to taste? But showing all this info made the map indeed a bit noisy especially when playing on maps with very small but alot of provinces (e.g. historical world war). So the decision was made to regard the furthest zoom level to only be a political layer, where only political information is shown (country shapes and diplomatic status). For managing provinces or armies or checking out terrain, closer zoom levels should be used. Nevertheless I will at least forward your feedback but cannot promise if a change will be made.

cycle9 wrote:

when will the news and diplomatic messages be relieved from the misery of spontaneouslyjumping to the top of the menu, causing the user to laboriously scroll down to the
      Is it still happening even after this update? I can push the topic internally once more.
    • Maybe a bug was introduced in the commercial/adds reward system, i like to collect them I have loads of cards, and I still look at them, dont know whether it helps Bytro.

But now the BUG: i can watch an add, I collect the booster, and then its refreshing such that I again have to watch the same add, without receiving the booster cards in fact..

I dont know who else experiences this, but a very close person to me also complained ;)
    • freezy wrote:

That province borders and terrain is faded out on furthest out zoom levels is a deliberate choice and actually stems from user feedback that we received when we first introduced the new map graphics [...]

[...] because in the older map version we also did not show border on far-out zoom levels, which some users prefered.

Makes sense that some players like you think otherwise, may come down to taste?

But showing all this info made the map indeed a bit noisy especially when playing on maps with very small but alot of provinces (e.g. historical world war). So the decision was made to regard the furthest zoom level to only be a political layer, where only political information is shown (country shapes and diplomatic status). For managing provinces or armies or checking out terrain, closer zoom levels should be used. Nevertheless I will at least forward your feedback but cannot promise if a change will be made.
      No, no, on second thoughts I actually like it. It reminds me of CoW 1.5, my favourite version. I am satisfied with it.
      Thank you, and thank you for regarding the feedback of your users. We appreciate your, and anybody elses', dedication to this game.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Maybe a bug was introduced in the commercial/adds reward system, i like to collect them I have loads of cards, and I still look at them, dont know whether it helps Bytro.

But now the BUG: i can watch an add, I collect the booster, and then its refreshing such that I again have to watch the same add, without receiving the booster cards in fact..

I dont know who else experiences this, but a very close person to me also complained ;)
      That's unfortunately a known issue and was already in the past, I dont think anything new was introduced here. According to our stats this can happen to up to 3% of all ad watches, and usually the reasons are out of our hands (e.g. service provider rejected the connection). If this becomes alot more widespread you can report it again, but for single occasional occurences we can't do much.

Lord Crayfish wrote:

No, no, on second thoughts I actually like it. It reminds me of CoW 1.5, my favourite version. I am satisfied with it.Thank you, and thank you for regarding the feedback of your users. We appreciate your, and anybody elses', dedication to this game.
      Ok thanks! Nevertheless our artist will look into it now to see if we can make the map a bit more lively on furthest zoom without making it too noisy.
    • I know I'm late to the party but this update is hella slick. Overall the graphics are a lot better than I remember and I particularly appreciate the devs making grass lands and forests way more distinguishable. Love the artic and desert modifications. Compared to the other call of war games, this is hands down the most visually pleasing.