The New changes look like a Pre-school Coloring Book

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jubjub bird wrote:

I actually like the purple shading. Maybe it could be a little lighter but it seems fine. I also like the new forest terrain, makes it much easier to distinguish between forest and plains at a glance.
      I love the terrain and think it fixes a few problems from 2.0 as well as looking nice, but the purple shading clashes awfully with the browns and tans of Call of War's colour palate in Terrain mode, and in colour by country mode it confuses things. Go back to shading, I'd say.
      For that matter, has anybody noticed terrain is invisible when zoomed out?
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh
    • Ahhh I usually use relation mode, hadn't thought of the purple clashing on the rainbow mode. Makes sense. Yea I'd be fine if they dialed it down a bit or changed color.

I just noticed the invisible terrain too, and invisible province lines. I think hiding terrain is fine but think I'd prefer to see the province lines still. Not sure yet.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Ahhh I usually use relation mode, hadn't thought of the purple clashing on the rainbow mode. Makes sense. Yea I'd be fine if they dialed it down a bit or changed color.

I just noticed the invisible terrain too, and invisible province lines. I think hiding terrain is fine but think I'd prefer to see the province lines still. Not sure yet.
      According to certain moderators, part of this is a bug and probably will be rectified. But I am an update reactionary who is usually satisfied once acquainted with the update.
    • I'm curious why anyone would use the purple mode.
      Relation mode is useful for distinguishing my own vs friendly vs enemy land.
      Morale is useful on occasion to see where to place a new capital.
      Do we need any other mode besides those two?
    • z00mz00m wrote:

I'm curious why anyone would use the purple mode.
      Relation mode is useful for distinguishing my own vs friendly vs enemy land.
      Morale is useful on occasion to see where to place a new capital.
      Do we need any other mode besides those two?
      I only use relations mode. What is purple mode? Do you mean the colour-coded countries?
      If so I've seen a lot of youtubers use it but never anyone else.
    • Right, what is the purpose of using a color with no meaning? It conveys no information. Just get rid of that mode instead of trying to "fix" it. Who cares which randomly generated color matches or clashes with another randomly generated color. That problem does NOT need solving.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Right, what is the purpose of using a color with no meaning? It conveys no information.
      I don't care about the aesthetics per se and I use relation mode 99% of the time. However, when I have many AI declaring on me and I'm trying to leave barrier provinces of defeated enemy to block the way of other enemies, I sometimes find the country colors very useful. For me the worst part about the country color mode is the black and yellow march lines of your own armies. They mess up my brain and make me very confused and unhappy.
    • DxC wrote:

For me the worst part about the country color mode is the black and yellow march lines of your own armies. They mess up my brain and make me very confused and unhappy.
      Actually, I just realized it's not so much the black and yellow lines, it's when you select a marching stack and the line turns yellow and white which blends in with the light yellowish background and is very hard for my eyes to see.
    • To be honest I'm still using the classic map style. Even though the recent update was sligtly better (I tried it for a few hours), I still find the terrain very hard to distinguish, especially in all the different shading styles (scouted/unscouted, country colors). I want to oversee the terrain of a battlefield in one glance, not have to focus on how far the trees are across the province border.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.