Example of AI war started.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Example of AI war started.

New

In this image I ran my German sub to a dot in front of the oncoming British (AI) convoy. There were Netherlands (AI) destroyers on the dot also. My sub and Britain attacked each other and this triggered a war between Netherlands and Britain. Strangely it did not trigger a war between Netherlands and me even though our stacks are on the same point and closer to each other than to Britain. I suppose the British convoy attacked first which caused Netherlands to attack them instead of me and a given stack can only attack one thing (directly) at a time. In anycase, I owe Netherlands a beer.

• New

DxC wrote:

In this image I ran my German sub to a dot in front of the oncoming British (AI) convoy. There were Netherlands (AI) destroyers on the dot also. My sub and Britain attacked each other and this triggered a war between Netherlands and Britain. Strangely it did not trigger a war between Netherlands and me even though our stacks are on the same point and closer to each other than to Britain. I suppose the British convoy attacked first which caused Netherlands to attack them instead of me and a given stack can only attack one thing (directly) at a time. In anycase, I owe Netherlands a beer.
      Logically it makes sense though. In real life, if I engage the enemy near other ships shells are only 17% accurate and anyway I might mistake the neutral ships for enemies, so likely will hit neutrals.
      The CoW programme doesn't have the capability to prevent a skirmish from automatically triggering war.
      It says also on the loading screen that nearby units will become entangled in the fighting.
      The fate of the Empire depends on this battle; let each man do his utmost.
      — Tōgō Heihachirō, Battle of Tsushima

England expects that every man will do his duty.
      — Admiral Horatio Nelson, Battle of Trafalgar

Mon centre cède, ma droite recule; situation excellente, j'attaque.
      — Marshal Foch, Battle of the Marne

Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks