Levels of Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• haecka_3 wrote:

you think so...?
      why would that help you in any way @in-game?
      you want to see which ones experienced players , which ones you want be together in coalition , which ones you don't want fight , which ones easy hunts for you

instead of click 100 times if you see them like a list you can look only 10 or 20 it is easier

especially you need this at first days
    • The player's level, alliance, KD ratio, and favorite units should be on the first player info screen. The one that's on the map, not the NEXT one that takes one more tap and shows everything like their achievements. That second player info is too buried.
    • Let me just start by saying Rank or Level mean absolutely NOTHING to you as a player, all it does is say this person has played a lot of game or they have not played many games. I have seen 100+ level players lose to an AI while I have seen 15 level players just wreak one in hours. What you want is a shortcut to make it easier to check up on players stats. I like it not being right at your fingertips as it makes it hard for the lazy and entitled to get that info because you have to actually look for it. Sometimes if you want something you have to work for it and this is one of those cases.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • LOL

Ok dude. Every heard of interaction design? The goal is to take care of the drudgery and let you and I enjoy the game. That means getting rid of boring, pointless clicking and scrolling.

Imagine if the trade screen didn't have a way to see the best deals for oil, but made you look through every offer for every resource on the market. It would suck. The current UI is nice and usable. The goal is to make all parts of the game intuitive and efficient.
    • "Alliance" would be a nice one as well, it would give you at least SOME warning against wolfpackers.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • S Schmidt wrote:

Let me just start by saying Rank or Level mean absolutely NOTHING to you as a player, all it does is say this person has played a lot of game or they have not played many games. I have seen 100+ level players lose to an AI while I have seen 15 level players just wreak one in hours. What you want is a shortcut to make it easier to check up on players stats. I like it not being right at your fingertips as it makes it hard for the lazy and entitled to get that info because you have to actually look for it. Sometimes if you want something you have to work for it and this is one of those cases.
      I couldn't explain it well , I know level is not everything but I don't want to control 100 players I want to control high level players to find best statistics do you understand me now ?
    • its not easy to judge at first sight, but 4 clicks allows to see all the details on the player you want.

Now on a 100-player map that would horrendous, but then you need at first only to check your close "neighbors", but it would be cool to have a pop-up hovering with details of interest and optionally definable, maybe map colours for diverse stats?

Like the relations filter, morale filter, etc

But I think lvl alone, or KD alone doesnt say everything, I also look at amount of coalition wins and solo wins and a lot of other aspects, if there is a lot of solo and little coalition wins than I am not likely to coalign with the guy, highly likely to be a backstabber.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Gen. Smit ().