Build at province of coalition member

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Build at province of coalition member

Mostly my team mates want help from me , I send messages them please build airstrip my planes cant move or build bunker to increase defense power or why you have no infrastructure my speed is very low

especially they don't like to build airstrips and they still want help from you and they never answer your demands
      but I need this random light tank sender guy to sleep a bit , I need to hold alive him but they never help me about it

If I could build something at my coalition members provinces It would be easier

My suggestion : If you are in a coalition , your teammates can build buildings at rural provinces like airstrip,bunker,infrastructure of course they will build them with their own resources , they cant cancel your orders and they cant build at cities
      so I can hold alive this random light tank sender guy despite him
    • Undaunted wrote:

Mostly my team mates want help from me , I send messages them please build airstrip my planes cant move or build bunker to increase defense power or why you have no infrastructure my speed is very low

especially they don't like to build airstrips and they still want help from you and they never answer your demands
      but I need this random light tank sender guy to sleep a bit , I need to hold alive him but they never help me about it

If I could build something at my coalition members provinces It would be easier

My suggestion : If you are in a coalition , your teammates can build buildings at rural provinces like airstrip,bunker,infrastructure of course they will build them with their own resources , they cant cancel your orders and they cant build at cities
      so I can hold alive this random light tank sender guy despite him
      I often have similar problems especially with airstrips. It's a good idea but:

- I think the problem here is group communication. This is a real skill that is required for a coalition to be effective (lack of cooperation between Axis powers, and in the late war between the British Empire and the USSR, were major issues). CoW is, or should be, a game of skill and cooperation should be included in that. I do not mean to judge you as a person, but from appearances, your coalition is dysfunctional and should either be disbanded or improved.

- My main concrete objection to this idea is that to allow coalition members any power over the actions of others would make others de facto puppet states quite often, especially as it would likely lead to other powers possibly including control of units.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • There is already something in the games that you could use to solve these issues and I use it frequently. It is simply trading resources via diplomacy, there are two reasons I have found that others do not build airstrips, the first is they simply do not use air forces and do not understand the need for airstrip everywhere. The second is COST, now an individual airstrip is not expensive but as an air power player I do not need just one strip I need 5 or more. The simple solution is to offer the resources to build all the airstrips you want and even include some extra as incentive or a bribe to build them for you. Most of the time when I do this I end up getting more than I asked for, either in bases built or in them refusing to take the resources. Also another solution I use is to offer to trade provinces, I do this so I can keep my units in or near to others core provinces and HEAL my units. Once again, if you explain WHY you want to trade, people will do so to help. There have been a few times when an ally refused and it end up costing us the game but that "ALLY" learned the lesson that to refuse help is the best way to defeat and I made sure he knew it too, I am sure he will never refuse help again.

But allowing you to actually construct buildings that are not in provinces under your control is not a good idea. Think of it now you "ALLY" can build fortifications in your core or any other place of their choice and if they switch side and attack will have the protection of those forts. As well as ANY other building they decide to construct deep into your nation, such as your suggestion of airstrips. Right now you are limited in how far you can advance and have air support with your suggestion that restriction is gone. Sure there is some way that would be overly complicated that you can suggest for either destroying those buildings or making it so that the builder cannot use them against the nation owner but for every example you come up with, I (or someone else) can find a way for some player to exploit it.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

There is already something in the games that you could use to solve these issues and I use it frequently. It is simply trading resources via diplomacy, there are two reasons I have found that others do not build airstrips, the first is they simply do not use air forces and do not understand the need for airstrip everywhere. The second is COST, now an individual airstrip is not expensive but as an air power player I do not need just one strip I need 5 or more. The simple solution is to offer the resources to build all the airstrips you want and even include some extra as incentive or a bribe to build them for you. Most of the time when I do this I end up getting more than I asked for, either in bases built or in them refusing to take the resources. Also another solution I use is to offer to trade provinces, I do this so I can keep my units in or near to others core provinces and HEAL my units. Once again, if you explain WHY you want to trade, people will do so to help. There have been a few times when an ally refused and it end up costing us the game but that "ALLY" learned the lesson that to refuse help is the best way to defeat and I made sure he knew it too, I am sure he will never refuse help again.

But allowing you to actually construct buildings that are not in provinces under your control is not a good idea. Think of it now you "ALLY" can build fortifications in your core or any other place of their choice and if they switch side and attack will have the protection of those forts. As well as ANY other building they decide to construct deep into your nation, such as your suggestion of airstrips. Right now you are limited in how far you can advance and have air support with your suggestion that restriction is gone. Sure there is some way that would be overly complicated that you can suggest for either destroying those buildings or making it so that the builder cannot use them against the nation owner but for every example you come up with, I (or someone else) can find a way for some player to exploit it.
      coalition leader can bring his units to your core provinces and he can attack you after kicked you from coalition
      it is same
    • Undaunted wrote:

coalition leader can bring his units to your core provinces and he can attack you after kicked you from coalition
      it is same
      Actually any coalition member could leave the coalition and move troops and attack you, the difference is that NO coalition member could build and benefit from fortifications in your lands. If I saw a large number of units eps ground units or paras from any coalition member headed towards my core I would be prepared to remove the ROW as soon as I was kicked or they left the coalition. That would prevent them from being able to use MY airstrips for their aircraft. What was proposed would ALLOW them to build fortifications and airstrips in your land and allow them to be used and get the defensive benefit of them. So it not the SAME.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel

The post was edited 1 time, last by S Schmidt ().