2 medium tanlks for starters, next to increased production?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2 medium tanlks for starters, next to increased production?

I was in a 22 map and a starting player was inactive and I invaded his country, met the first medium tank fine, went around it, and set the route for conquering the rest of the territory during the night, on that route I met a second medium tank, but the guy had no tank plant.

This seems not to be in line with the normal bonusses for starting players, or is there something else we players don't know about besides the 1 medium tank/tank destroyer and production bonus?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gen. Smit ().

• So the increased the figure/ampount as well? I was not aware of this, I thought they had just given an option of choice, THX Erezuma!

Here the source form the update and you can see why I was under that impression, it was supposed to be a difficult choice, not a treat:

"We’ve updated the rewards for completing the research steps of the tutorial. Players will now have the difficult choice between a Tank Destroyer and a Medium Tank. This way new players get more options in how they approach their first game."
    • So a new player gets 2 Medium Tanks, 99% of the time they are wasted units as new players have no idea what they are doing, even if they are offline or go inactive right away you still have the means to destroy them on day 1 via Artillery or as an Axis player using Attack bombers. Yes I am an Axis player and on day 1 I am already building Attack bombers.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

So a new player gets 2 Medium Tanks, 99% of the time they are wasted units as new players have no idea what they are doing, even if they are offline or go inactive right away you still have the means to destroy them on day 1 via Artillery or as an Axis player using Attack bombers. Yes I am an Axis player and on day 1 I am already building Attack bombers.
      strategy is not a one way road to the goal, there is a lot to learn. In any case producing attack bombers from the bat is not very effective since in the beginning there are little hard targets around, the allied tactical bomber is way more effective to use from day one onwards.

The main interest is not how to deal with it, but how they can get two medium tanks

The post was edited 2 times, last by Gen. Smit ().

• Because they are new and waste units and resources. Giving them an extra unit or two that gets killed off early and quickly does not change the outcome for many new players. That is to lose to experienced players and usually before they even have a chance to get to where they can research a Medium Tank. Giving them 2 MT at least gives them a fight chance to survive a couple of days. TBH I think that is the main reason many players quit, they get defeated in their first game in the first 24 hours and cant figure the game out at all since they are dead. I would almost be willing to let new players get the same sort of Home Defense that you get on the Antarctic map of not being able to attack their core for 3 days.

On a side note I dont build the attack bombers on day 1 for fun, it is so by day 4 I have an Air Force of 5/5/5 int/tacs/att and attack bombers are also very effective vs LT and ACs in the early game. They are NOT just for killing MTs.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • The news had a mistake actually. New players can now choose between a Medium Tank and a Mechanized Infantry. And they only get one of them.

The other Medium Tank they get per default beforehand, to attack the rebelling province in the Tutorial.

So they either have 2 Medium Tanks or 1 Medium Tank and 1 Mechanized Infantry.
    • freezy wrote:

The news had a mistake actually. New players can now choose between a Medium Tank and a Mechanized Infantry. And they only get one of them.

The other Medium Tank they get per default beforehand, to attack the rebelling province in the Tutorial.

So they either have 2 Medium Tanks or 1 Medium Tank and 1 Mechanized Infantry.
      Thanks for clearing that up.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • S Schmidt wrote:

TBH I think that is the main reason many players quit, they get defeated in their first game in the first 24 hours and cant figure the game out at all since they are dead. I would almost be willing to let new players get the same sort of Home Defense that you get on the Antarctic map of not being able to attack their core for 3 days.

This is a great idea. A noob mode that's unranked and comes with protections.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

TBH I think that is the main reason many players quit, they get defeated in their first game in the first 24 hours and cant figure the game out at all since they are dead. I would almost be willing to let new players get the same sort of Home Defense that you get on the Antarctic map of not being able to attack their core for 3 days.
      When i first started i was Greater Romania, while Ukraine was another noob(who i attacked) and Yugoslavia became my ally(who soon attacked me) and Germany became my ally after that, my point is experenced players should help new players more than steamroll them so we can get more players.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

When i first started i was Greater Romania, while Ukraine was another noob(who i attacked) and Yugoslavia became my ally(who soon attacked me) and Germany became my ally after that, my point is experenced players should help new players more than steamroll them so we can get more players.
      |I take them when there is no alternative, they are active and willing to listen, yet it remains difficult dealing with them,

Maybe still the best method:
    • Fox-Company wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

no , they will give right of way or share map to your enemies too , they don't think why I shouldn't give , they will work for your enemies too , they will waste many resource and you would use them , they never will be very active , they wont understand your requests , best thing to do at the beginning , no contact with anyone and invade everywhere you can , teaching to how to play is not our problem