unit not entering defense modus?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• unit not entering defense modus?

The light tank is being attacked by the armored car, yet the light tank does not enter a fighting modus, whether it is defense or attack. It mentions idle.

Damage is being dealt as supposed, AC attacking, LT defending, just the shield and the charger are missing.
      Images
      • not in defense modus.JPG

85.75 kB, 842×439, viewed 5 times
    • This is normal and it means nothing, it probably happened because someone stopped or moved a unit before it reached the area so its out of the LT defense range, but its still defending, or the LT just hiccuped.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • No, this is abnormal, I have never seen it in the months I am playing. Nobody moved, they clashed into each other, and if one is in fighting mode the other one should be too, he can't be in "idling"modus.

Here another one, the Finnish troops arrived later and the city was taken by a Finnish AC that was destroyed by the Swedish convoy. Now, they are at war, I double checked, yet the battle does not commence, instead they smoke pipes together around the fireplace or something,...
      Images
      • not fighting at all.JPG

85.79 kB, 706×579, viewed 4 times
    • They are infact fighting the swedish convoy health is flashing an orangish, show me the 2 countries rn cause this seems too big to believe, show a picture of the entire thing, cause i doubt this could happen
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Here another one, the Finnish troops arrived later and the city was taken by a Finnish AC that was destroyed by the Swedish convoy. Now, they are at war, I double checked, yet the battle does not commence
      I don't quite get what you mean. You said the "AC was destroyed", but then you said they are not fighting? Please explain better.

Fox, orange could just mean low health. Bar goes from green to red the lower the health is.
    • DxC wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

Here another one, the Finnish troops arrived later and the city was taken by a Finnish AC that was destroyed by the Swedish convoy. Now, they are at war, I double checked, yet the battle does not commence
      I don't quite get what you mean. You said the "AC was destroyed", but then you said they are not fighting? Please explain better.
      Fox, orange could just mean low health. Bar goes from green to red the lower the health is.
      The area was conquered by a Finnish AC against 2 Swedish planes, that turned them into a Swedish convoy attacking the Finnish AC. The Swedish convoy killed the Finnish AC at Tallin, but did not move because player was not there, so area was not reconquered because of that and Tallin Remained Finnish.

Later on the Finnish units present in the picture arrived but they did not have to fight to conquer it, yet they also did not start the fight with the Swedish convoy. This is odd.
    • DxC wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

Orange means its under attack, it goes from green to red and im pretty sure orange doesnt appear on the bar change

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Nvm disregard what i said its different for me than everyone else, but this it legit impossible so it may be lag glitch, like the one time my stack of 10 lvl 4 LT's slipped past 4 lvl 1 meds and 6 lvl 3 infantry

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

And in the first case the LT got slaughtered somehow, stayed defensive so not dealing huge damage to AC.
      Was the AC higher level? LT at same level should win easily, even on defense. I haven't observed a lot of melee battles recently since I'm usually zapping everything with SPRA, but I wonder if they've fiddled with something. The LT/AC thing isn't necessarily related to the convoy thing. Air convoy battles have their own strangeness.
    • I would suggest next time to include the unit popup box or the rest of the screen with the unit info. TBH it is hard to know the why of a thing based on partial info. Seeing all the unit info would help determine the why.

DxC wrote:

Air convoy battles have their own strangeness.
      There is a simple explanation for why Air convoys are strange, it is for the simple reason that Air convoys are treated as LIGHT ARMOR.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • I saw something possibly related to this (or maybe not). I had taken a Turkish city and had a AT and MIL sitting there. It was attacked by a tank. Once the AT died the tank was still attacking but it wasn't attacking the MIL (just the city) and the MIL wasn't in defence mode. This may have to do with the MIL stealth mode, but it should still be attacked in melee. That was the state before bed, but the MIL was gone this morning so I'm not sure what occurred.
    • The AT would also be stealth? Why would the battle change once it died?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • And yeah there are sometimes problems when BOTH sides are stealth. Won't take "empty" city, stuff like that.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

The AT would also be stealth?
      Yeah. Btw, speaking of stealth, I just saw a MIL on my plains prov, but could only see there was a unit, not what it was. When it got within close view range of my units I could see it was MIL. MIL shouldn't have any stealth in plains should it?

Also, once I killed it, apparently the last land unit of that country, a destroyer of that country disappeared. So I guess when all land units are destroyed, naval units go away as well, even when the country still has provs? In this case it was just non city provs. I guess if it still had a city this wouldn't happen since it could produce more land units?
    • DxC wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

The AT would also be stealth?
      Yeah. Btw, speaking of stealth, I just saw a MIL on my plains prov, but could only see there was a unit, not what it was. When it got within close view range of my units I could see it was MIL. MIL shouldn't have any stealth in plains should it?
      Also, once I killed it, apparently the last land unit of that country, a destroyer of that country disappeared. So I guess when all land units are destroyed, naval units go away as well, even when the country still has provs? In this case it was just non city provs. I guess if it still had a city this wouldn't happen since it could produce more land units?
      interesting, but who gets the rural provinces, it revolted to the most likely candidate?