The use of late technology

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The use of late technology

I have played many games in COW, for many years, and it was quite problematic to reach the day when you use high tech army. This because, most of the games end before being possible to use high tech army.
      I believe there should be a solution for this. For example, after day 10, it should be possible to make faster research by paying 30%- 40% more, this mean, if something asks 3000 goods for a 12 h research, than game should make it possible to reach this research for 6 h if you pay 50% more, 4500 goods. This will make players invest more in economy, and also have chance to use new tech like level 5 and above.
      2- Helicopters
      Helicopters should be part of tech, and they could make game more interesting to.
      3- Why not adding even more tech. like f117 for allies, and also, infantries should be possible to be send with airplanes not only special forces.
      4-Rivers - Rivers are very important in military actions, it should be a embarking time for those who pass, or build bridges.
      5- Mines, why we don't have mines as a tech. They could make game more interesting since no one could see them. Tech for de-mining should be possible to.
      6- Why not having anonymous choice in the media for some specific maps? I know, people use to be more harsh when anonymous, but this made possible propaganda that most of the time, balanced the game making players not going inactive.
      -----
      Thank you, if you read this.
    • General Statement: been fought over many times and is probably invalid now, but your statement is like excusing a child for not doing homework, research your units correctly and employ them and that's how people win so fast. but a Pacific 50 Player map can take up to 58 Days, so don't even argue that because it should not be possible but a update around that time allowed it to be.

Helicopters: Asked too many times the answer is no- sincerely your game devs and Bytro.

Even more tech: not needed since most people wont use it or never get to it as you stated, you don't just throw your grunts out of a airplane and expect them to live, they had paratroopers for a reason, maybe look into history before talking, and it took lots of training to be able to survive a jump if machine guns didn't take you out first.

Rivers: Read the other threads would you please? this would answer 80% of your questions.

Mines: what do you think the Factories have with them? most likely a part of building Industry.

Media: ...please elaborate a bit more.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I and sir are also negative about the specific idea of "river".
      However, at a slightly more abstract level, if it's a "unit that can improve the terrain", I've sometimes suggested it, as I quoted before.

pod_than wrote:

It might be a small story and might deviates from the theme, but the expression “ engineer ” might be inaccurate.
      In the current context, I feel that it is better to make a distinction.

There are ( Assault ) pioneer and sapper at least.

Sappers serve very exclusive and technical task in a relatively safe area.
      And pioneers as called often “ combat engineer ” serve easy but dangerous task, such as eliminating IEDs, barbed‐wire entanglements ( in places where they might be shot ), and landmines
      Engineers might be probably a good symbolic example.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pod_than ().

• Mines could be used like any other building, for example, "place mines-200 oil, 400 metal". They could be hiden, unless you don't have those "engineers" you wrote about.
      As for rivers, building bridges and destroying them, protecting them, could be something interesting and strategic in the game. I know this is problematic to be done, but who knows in the future.
    • Ilyrian Order wrote:

I have played many games in COW, for many years, and it was quite problematic to reach the day when you use high tech army. This because, most of the games end before being possible to use high tech army.
      I believe there should be a solution for this. For example, after day 10, it should be possible to make faster research by paying 30%- 40% more, this mean, if something asks 3000 goods for a 12 h research, than game should make it possible to reach this research for 6 h if you pay 50% more, 4500 goods. This will make players invest more in economy, and also have chance to use new tech like level 5 and above.
      2- Helicopters
      Helicopters should be part of tech, and they could make game more interesting to.
      3- Why not adding even more tech. like f117 for allies, and also, infantries should be possible to be send with airplanes not only special forces.
      4-Rivers - Rivers are very important in military actions, it should be a embarking time for those who pass, or build bridges.
      5- Mines, why we don't have mines as a tech. They could make game more interesting since no one could see them. Tech for de-mining should be possible to.
      6- Why not having anonymous choice in the media for some specific maps? I know, people use to be more harsh when anonymous, but this made possible propaganda that most of the time, balanced the game making players not going inactive.
      -----
      Thank you, if you read this.
      It was going well until helicopters idea

anyway I think instead of mines , dragon teeth would be better to slow enemy armored units
    • As a player that invest heavily in their economy (I am always in the top 3 for economy) the idea of MORE expensive research even at faster speeds is not feasible, at least for other than spammer players that only concentrate and research and build one type of unit. As I am constantly defeating spammers due to their lack of higher units and diversity this change would in reality only benefit them. This change would not improve the game overall, it would just improve it for the lazy and inept. (tbh and not to be offensive but if the shoe fits)
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel