Expansion Effect need to nerf

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Peachez wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

From what I am now gathering is you are blaming the expansion penalty for newly conquered provinces rebelling and either returning or joining another nation. Well the simple solution is to capture a Capital in order to RAISE your morale above 25, if not you need to have a plan in place to deal with any consequences, such as having multiple ACs in position to strike and reclaim those provinces at once. I have played over 6 years and I recall when the chance of low morale revolts was higher and more likely to happen. Once I had an enemy that retreated all of his units into his capital and I had over 300+ newly captured provinces and less than 10% of that 300+ revolted but as I had a plan it was not a big deal to deal with. I have learned from that, I now ensure that local AI nations to me remain unconquered so I have a few capitals near me to deal with such an emergency. After capturing 1 capital and a day change the expansion penalty is nothing that cant be dealt with. What I am seeing and reading from those that want it reduced is that they have failed at the basic tenet of successful warfare, ADAPT, IMPROVISE AND OVERCOME. Rather than complain and ask for it to be changed figure out a way to beat it or use it to your advantage.
      I’m not 100% what everyone means by “conquer the capital and the provinces won’t rebell”. I’m currently playing a 30 team historical world map. I Conquered most of Africa (England and French colonies). So you’re telling me, in order for the entire continent of Africa to stop rebelling, I have to take London and Paris and this will help stop the rebelling?
      When you conquer an enemy province, it starts at 25% morale. When you conquer an enemy capital before day change, it will add 10% to that, so get you to 35%. Since the rebel threshold is at 30%, it won't rebel on that first day change.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • freezy wrote:

marshallotfy wrote:

The Point is we need Developers listen to us and adjust the morale system , if things remains like this COW will lose more active players who already struggle with original slow pace of the game don't make it slower plz.
      This sounds as if this was a new change that suddenly triggers players to leave. But this system has been in place now for years and players are still here. We did not make anything slower in the past years. We even reduced the revolt chance further during that time.
      well before the new version the expand effect weren't that brutal , when i go solo map i have to conqouer at least over 100 city with the other minor lands , i need to build lvl 3 PO in every city so i can keep my economy life line intact , and guess what i run out of goods only , so either make the PO in Major city have area of effect on minor lands and reduce its cost so we can actually spend days playing not waiting to Build PO . or we can rename the game to build the PO instead of COW.
    • marshallotfy wrote:

well before the new version the expand effect weren't that brutal , when i go solo map i have to conqouer at least over 100 city with the other minor lands , i need to build lvl 3 PO in every city so i can keep my economy life line intact , and guess what i run out of goods only , so either make the PO in Major city have area of effect on minor lands and reduce its cost so we can actually spend days playing not waiting to Build PO . or we can rename the game to build the PO instead of COW.
      What I am saying is: This hasn't been changed for quite some time. In fact we even made it a bit easier 1-2 years ago by lowering the revolt threshold. So the version you are refering to must be CoW1.0 from many years ago. That indeed had different mechanics.
      Since there was no recent change, the game has been running with this mechanic for years now, and we don't see much issues or complaints, I don't think a change is needed.
    • Yet a lot of people are complaining about this; it especially seems to be an issue in "long" games when farming capitals is no longer possible and empires are somehow drawn into an uncontrolable downward spiral. I must admit I have no real experience with this issues because a very long game for me is only 20 days; but if so many people are complaining, maybe you should take a closer look at the mechanics?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Coming back to that, I'm actually noticing AI rebuilding capitals in one of the games I'm in. Did something change recently? I think it took them 5+ days to rebuild but at least it's something.

Here's a Swedish capital in Gothenburg and a Soviet capital in Murmansk in a HWW map.
      Images
      • sketch-1672884948362.jpg

91.94 kB, 1,080×1,097, viewed 8 times
    • On top of the expansion penalty, negative penalty points for my neighbors, distance from capital, and now even more negative penalty points because of hostile rural areas because I was told to abandon them and focus more on holding the urban areas. I literally spent days conquering South America in my game, only for it to revolt completely back to its original country. I’m only 100 to 150 points away from finishing the match but for the past seven days I’ve been creating units to put into rebelling provinces, building, propaganda, offices, and re-taking worthless rural provinces that keep rebelling on me and ultimately loosing interest. :tumbleweed:
    • Peachez wrote:

On top of the expansion penalty, negative penalty points for my neighbors, distance from capital, and now even more negative penalty points because of hostile rural areas because I was told to abandon them and focus more on holding the urban areas. I literally spent days conquering South America in my game, only for it to revolt completely back to its original country. I’m only 100 to 150 points away from finishing the match but for the past seven days I’ve been creating units to put into rebelling provinces, building, propaganda, offices, and re-taking worthless rural provinces that keep rebelling on me and ultimately loosing interest. :tumbleweed:
      Focussing on cities/resource provinces only cannot work due the (enemy) neighbour effect. Only in a rush for the victory this would be a good idea.
    • Peachez wrote:

I’m only 100 to 150 points away from finishing the match but for the past seven days I’ve been creating units to put into rebelling provinces, building, propaganda, offices, and re-taking worthless rural provinces that keep rebelling on me and ultimately loosing interest.
      Freezy's response is that it has been like this for years without many issues or complaints. My guess is that many reasonably competent players experience this and are simply turned off by the game. They may not even know why, but it's negative reinforcement and many will probably start looking for other games.
    • marshallotfy wrote:

This effect on moral called expansion is gonna really shred the remaining of pleasure for good , PO are very expensive on supplies , when you need to build PO in every single Province hell to build any thing else with them :wallbash .
      this effect need to removed or nerfed or at least reduce the cost of PO , and reduced the amount of VP needed in solo games.
      the game as its now becoming very boring :thumbdown: :thumbdown: and who wanna play boring games ?!!
      there were many good suggestion worth talking about , but people choose to talk about this I guess it is like marines suggestion people like to talking about unnecessary and weird things

capture capitals at last and propaganda building is not expensive , your economy your choices might be bad
    • Undaunted wrote:

marshallotfy wrote:

This effect on moral called expansion is gonna really shred the remaining of pleasure for good , PO are very expensive on supplies , when you need to build PO in every single Province hell to build any thing else with them :wallbash .
      this effect need to removed or nerfed or at least reduce the cost of PO , and reduced the amount of VP needed in solo games.
      the game as its now becoming very boring :thumbdown: :thumbdown: and who wanna play boring games ?!!
      there were many good suggestion worth talking about , but people choose to talk about this I guess it is like marines suggestion people like to talking about unnecessary and weird things
      capture capitals at last and propaganda building is not expensive , your economy your choices might be bad
      rae you really playing the new version ? the expanse effect at max will take -30 and higher then the distance to your capital , if i build PO in every city , what about provinces they will pop up in rebel like popcorn, at least make the PO in city have effect on provinces , and yes the game become more boring and boring and eventually we will leave it to its blockheaded worshipers who refused to listen.
    • marshallotfy wrote:

at least make the PO in city have effect on provinces
      While POs do not have a direct effect on surrounding provinces they DO have an indirect effect on surrounding provinces. If a city (or province) has a high morale due to a PO they will provide the neighboring provinces with a positive neighbor bonus. You must look at the province morale to see this. In the example the effect is only +2 but Voroshilovgrad currently only has a L1 PO but I have seen the neighbor bonus be as high as +17. I never build more than a few POs per map but I do know this does have an effect.

"Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel