Expansion Effect need to nerf

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Expansion Effect need to nerf

This effect on moral called expansion is gonna really shred the remaining of pleasure for good , PO are very expensive on supplies , when you need to build PO in every single Province hell to build any thing else with them :wallbash .
      this effect need to removed or nerfed or at least reduce the cost of PO , and reduced the amount of VP needed in solo games.
      the game as its now becoming very boring :thumbdown: :thumbdown: and who wanna play boring games ?!!
    • Ignore PO's, conquer capitals.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • marshallotfy wrote:

when you need to build PO in every single Province hell to build any thing else with them
      First, if you are building Propaganda Offices in every province you are not thinking but reacting. Lets ask the simple question of why does every province need a PO. Well the simple answer is that it does NOT. The simple answer is that the ONLY provinces that need POs are key provinces. SO what is a key province, first is an urban resource province that also has a unit construction building in it. Second it an urban that only has resource production in it. ALL others can be ignored, except for newly conquered provinces that as KR so succinctly expressed

K.Rokossovski wrote:

conquer capitals.
      if you have taken many nations and taken the capital last to raise morale you will not have to be overly concerned with morale and the expansion penalty.

As I expand I watch my core morale and only once it starts falling below 100 do I build a PO in any core city. Those with PO will exert positive morale on bordering provinces. I do NOT subscribe to the philosophy of moving my capital to increase morale. All I see from doing this is the loss of morale in the core and therefore resources from your core which far out weighs the slight increase in morale in non core areas. Also it sounds as if you lack the resources to build the necessary POs even so (which moving your capital only makes worse), this sounds like a failure to properly invest in your core resource provinces. Which by the time that the penalty becomes large enough to actually start to affect your core morale should be L5 in urban and L3 in rural provinces.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

As I expand I watch my core morale and only once it starts falling below 100 do I build a PO in any core city. Those with PO will exert positive morale on bordering provinces. I do NOT subscribe to the philosophy of moving my capital to increase morale. All I see from doing this is the loss of morale in the core and therefore resources from your core which far out weighs the slight increase in morale in non core areas. Also it sounds as if you lack the resources to build the necessary POs even so (which moving your capital only makes worse), this sounds like a failure to properly invest in your core resource provinces. Which by the time that the penalty becomes large enough to actually start to affect your core morale should be L5 in urban and L3 in rural provinces.
      Then you are wrong, if you have a-symmetric expansion it is the most efficient way to reduce the effect negative morale modifiers the most, especially on larger maps, but also if you are located on the border. the core can held up to sufficient level of morale using PO's the rest you should not care too much about, the problem arises when capitals are finished, and morale thus starts declining everywhere
    • So when you solo map and no Ai or player Capital on the horizon to take , you supposed to take more than half the world small provinces and vp cities moral become dangerously low, and the next day you found most of them rebelled on you, quotes from Sun Tzu sound perfect but in COW expansion effect make the game more slow and more boring , the game sipposed to be fun if i wanna SUN TZU stuff i will go play chess or shogi .
    • marshallotfy wrote:

This effect on moral called expansion is gonna really shred the remaining of pleasure for good , PO are very expensive on supplies , when you need to build PO in every single Province hell to build any thing else with them :wallbash .
      this effect need to removed or nerfed or at least reduce the cost of PO , and reduced the amount of VP needed in solo games.
      the game as its now becoming very boring :thumbdown: :thumbdown: and who wanna play boring games ?!!
      destroy all enemy units and buildings at enemy capital so enemy cant produce anything in there , after invaded all country , invade to capital at last so you wont need PO building
    • Undaunted wrote:

destroy all enemy units and buildings at enemy capital so enemy cant produce anything in there , after invaded all country , invade to capital at last so you wont need PO building
      Be aware if you destroy all buildings you will bring it's morale to zero and it will likely revolt if you don't take it before day change. Instead I will usually leave a couple arty nearby or have planes in range in case it produces a unit.
    • DxC wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

Be aware if you destroy all buildings you will bring it's morale to zero and it will likely revolt if you don't take it before day change. Instead I will usually leave a couple arty nearby or have planes in range in case it produces a unit.
      if you bombard it to 0 chance of revolt is 100%, but if you seize the city it will reset to 25%, so revolt chances are normal. Bombarding to 0 has its uses if you dont want to invade a country yet want to screw an opponent. But its outcome is unpredictable, one thing is certain, it will not revolt to you ^^
    • DxC wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

But its outcome is unpredictable, one thing is certain, it will not revolt to you
      This is usually true, but not always. I've been bringing enemy cities to zero so they revolt to allied countries. While they usually do go to another country I just had one revolt to me.

interesting, was it just eaten up bu the other country, or already a long time in said country?
    • It wasn't a core province of Turkey I don't think, if that's what you mean, but it had owned the city for at least a few days or a week; I don't know exactly. There were other Turkish provs adjacent and nearby, including Turkish core provs. I think it's just a probability thing. There was a low probability for it to revolt to me in that situation, but low probability things occur P% of the time.

Oh sorry, it was a core province of Turkey. I was thinking of a different city/revolt that occured.
    • marshallotfy wrote:

The Point is we need Developers listen to us and adjust the morale system , if things remains like this COW will lose more active players who already struggle with original slow pace of the game don't make it slower plz.
      This sounds as if this was a new change that suddenly triggers players to leave. But this system has been in place now for years and players are still here. We did not make anything slower in the past years. We even reduced the revolt chance further during that time.
    • From what I am now gathering is you are blaming the expansion penalty for newly conquered provinces rebelling and either returning or joining another nation. Well the simple solution is to capture a Capital in order to RAISE your morale above 25, if not you need to have a plan in place to deal with any consequences, such as having multiple ACs in position to strike and reclaim those provinces at once. I have played over 6 years and I recall when the chance of low morale revolts was higher and more likely to happen. Once I had an enemy that retreated all of his units into his capital and I had over 300+ newly captured provinces and less than 10% of that 300+ revolted but as I had a plan it was not a big deal to deal with. I have learned from that, I now ensure that local AI nations to me remain unconquered so I have a few capitals near me to deal with such an emergency. After capturing 1 capital and a day change the expansion penalty is nothing that cant be dealt with. What I am seeing and reading from those that want it reduced is that they have failed at the basic tenet of successful warfare, ADAPT, IMPROVISE AND OVERCOME. Rather than complain and ask for it to be changed figure out a way to beat it or use it to your advantage.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • marshallotfy wrote:

ah yes because snowballing against ai is what makes this game fun
    • S Schmidt wrote:

From what I am now gathering is you are blaming the expansion penalty for newly conquered provinces rebelling and either returning or joining another nation. Well the simple solution is to capture a Capital in order to RAISE your morale above 25, if not you need to have a plan in place to deal with any consequences, such as having multiple ACs in position to strike and reclaim those provinces at once. I have played over 6 years and I recall when the chance of low morale revolts was higher and more likely to happen. Once I had an enemy that retreated all of his units into his capital and I had over 300+ newly captured provinces and less than 10% of that 300+ revolted but as I had a plan it was not a big deal to deal with. I have learned from that, I now ensure that local AI nations to me remain unconquered so I have a few capitals near me to deal with such an emergency. After capturing 1 capital and a day change the expansion penalty is nothing that cant be dealt with. What I am seeing and reading from those that want it reduced is that they have failed at the basic tenet of successful warfare, ADAPT, IMPROVISE AND OVERCOME. Rather than complain and ask for it to be changed figure out a way to beat it or use it to your advantage.
      I’m not 100% what everyone means by “conquer the capital and the provinces won’t rebell”. I’m currently playing a 30 team historical world map. I Conquered most of Africa (England and French colonies). So you’re telling me, in order for the entire continent of Africa to stop rebelling, I have to take London and Paris and this will help stop the rebelling?
    • Peachez wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

From what I am now gathering is you are blaming the expansion penalty for newly conquered provinces rebelling and either returning or joining another nation. Well the simple solution is to capture a Capital in order to RAISE your morale above 25, if not you need to have a plan in place to deal with any consequences, such as having multiple ACs in position to strike and reclaim those provinces at once. I have played over 6 years and I recall when the chance of low morale revolts was higher and more likely to happen. Once I had an enemy that retreated all of his units into his capital and I had over 300+ newly captured provinces and less than 10% of that 300+ revolted but as I had a plan it was not a big deal to deal with. I have learned from that, I now ensure that local AI nations to me remain unconquered so I have a few capitals near me to deal with such an emergency. After capturing 1 capital and a day change the expansion penalty is nothing that cant be dealt with. What I am seeing and reading from those that want it reduced is that they have failed at the basic tenet of successful warfare, ADAPT, IMPROVISE AND OVERCOME. Rather than complain and ask for it to be changed figure out a way to beat it or use it to your advantage.
      I’m not 100% what everyone means by “conquer the capital and the provinces won’t rebell”. I’m currently playing a 30 team historical world map. I Conquered most of Africa (England and French colonies). So you’re telling me, in order for the entire continent of Africa to stop rebelling, I have to take London and Paris and this will help stop the rebelling?
      hmm who plays with south africa and attacking to france and UK should be very brave , they can send their navies to bomb your coasts , but of course most of players dont do this