Mechanized Infantry Counter?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For melee comabt, the best counter is armored units who are best against armored units themselves; so that means any kind of tank (lt/med/hvy), or tank destroyers. If you don't have those, you can also use cheap AT guns, though they wear out fast because mech is better againt unarmored units.

For ranged combat, consider artillery.

Planes also work (especially attack bombers, but tacs will also do a decent job), though mech has a relatively high AA value so you'll take losses yourself as well.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • nincompoop wrote:

How do I counter mechanized infantry? I am currently in the first few days, and I am facing mechanized infantry. How do I counter it?
      I guess you want to defense against them

I wont suggest attack bomber because mec infantry has good aa value against planes
      and anti tank is not best option because mec infantry has high damage value against infantry units

so you need armored or ranged units

you need tank destroyer and artillery at the beginning of game against them

railroad gun can help also against them but you said it is beginning of game

if you want to rush them put tank destroyer to front of artillery
      and allow to artillery finish its job
      if enemy mec infantry try to attack , your tank destroyers will finish them

The post was edited 4 times, last by Undaunted ().

• Fox-Company wrote:

pod_than wrote:

If you introduce a light tank, might be an advantage.
      :troll:
      Is it okay to interpret the intention, “troll”is pointing out as negative comment?

I wish I could explain myself, but I didn't mean to offend you on purpose.
      Very sorry.

By the way, the concept I proposed is the so-called Mobile Defense.
      But we'll leave the details for another time.

The post was edited 3 times, last by pod_than ().

• pod_than wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

pod_than wrote:

If you introduce a light tank, might be an advantage.
      :troll:
      Is it okay to interpret the intention, “troll”is pointing out as negative comment?
      I wish I could explain myself, but I didn't mean to offend you on purpose.
      Very sorry.

By the way, the concept I proposed is the so-called Mobile Defense.
      But we'll leave the details for another time.
      No no no your fine, lol, its meant to express a certain emotion i cannot explain, cause yeah, but nah your fine lol.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • On anti tank guns, when combined with infantry and of sufficent highlevel they can cause substantial damage in optimal terrain, so urban is quite ok. Mehcanized infantry will not be as numerous as you can have infantry in early days so a few relatively cheap anti tank guns combined with leveld up infanntry will slaughter the mech infantry, now bunkers and fortifications,....

You can put anything in favour of your troops when defending, attacking is something different. I dont like tanks too much for strategies, i like more planes or artillery os the appropriate kind. If you would have the perfect counter for every unit then your research tree will not be focussed, and that is a bad thing in the later days. if you have focussed on 2 counters for unarmored and hard armor then you are usually good to go, because to some extend these will work on light armor as well. including 1 anti light armor counter could be an option, but dont research stuff you are likely not gonna use or only one level sufficient to pump them out in masses if needed, then researching and leveling can be done during production.

The thing is next to choice, quantity will be a decisive factor as well. He attacks with mech alone and no scoutings/scouts, (comintern) militia are super for getting your attacking enemy in a state of shock when combined with the approriate soft target counters, next that lvl4 militia are really tough cookies, elite peasants with pitchforks.
      Images
      • Well+didnt+geralt+get+killed+by+a+ing+peasant+child+_ab089f8c8a8211761a13488675d016b4.jpg

43.94 kB, 500×280, viewed 1 times