Change unit texture for African countries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Change unit texture for African countries

I feel quite......weird...when I play as Ethiopia in world at war when the unit icons depict norse-white soldiers..... it's just very odd..... perhaps bytro can change the skin colour to look black? Also the Mediterranean-countries unit colour can be given a skin colour that is Mediterranean, yellowish-brown or something like that will do like the pan-asian units...

And please don't take this as some woke talk or anything like that.... it's just a little touch for some "historical accuracy" which shouldn't be that much of a technicaly complicated thing for bytro to do.
      What do you think?
    • Kyrollous wrote:

I feel quite......weird...when I play as Ethiopia in world at war when the unit icons depict norse-white soldiers..... it's just very odd..... perhaps bytro can change the skin colour to look black? Also the Mediterranean-countries unit colour can be given a skin colour that is Mediterranean, yellowish-brown or something like that will do like the pan-asian units...

And please don't take this as some woke talk or anything like that.... it's just a little touch for some "historical accuracy" which shouldn't be that much of a technicaly complicated thing for bytro to do.
      What do you think?
      I find that quite weird as well. I mean, brown soldiers in a desert? That needs fixing, I'd say they should change what the troops look likes when they are on different terrains.
      "Nuts!"
      Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe
    • Well it's just changing skin colour texture for infantry... Not changeling the model for infantry units entirely just the skin colour of the "soldiers".

on a basic sense the colour we can turn it black for all African countries below Egypt, Libya and other Mediterranean -african countries....
      As for south America you can perhaps say from Colombia downwards...
      As for the Mediterranean countries it would be something mixed between white and black (Mediterranean skin colour basically, or maybe just light brown to make simple)... The Asian countries would be either brown or Asian (as in pan Asian skin colour already in the game) or in some little instances white for "Europeans colonies that are still colonies".

It's just 2 skin colour changes, not a change for every country. I believe it's very easy to apply...just look at the texture updates in 2.0...
      Yeah I know it's not exactly a big deal but these little aesthetics add up.