Marching stack icon indicator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Marching stack icon indicator

In this image some of the units are marching and some are not. It would be helpful if there was a graphical indicator on stacks that are marching, maybe just a subtle color difference or outline. I know that viewing the unit sprites provides some indication of movement, but this gets very messy when there are many stacks clustered together and it would be much better if you could simply look at the abstract icons and tell which are moving and which are stationary.

• So something like a diamond shape for stationary units, but a circle for moving units, so you can quickly see which units are moving and which aren't, even when zoomed out? That'd be a cool addition.

It's a bit redundant with some of the new map filter options with 2.0, though--have you tried those? Here's what it looks like on mobile. PC has something similar, can't recall exactly where it is.
      Images
      • Screenshot_20221210-124508.png

1.04 MB, 1,080×1,038, viewed 1 times
    • Coming back to this, I just thought of a related idea that would be cool if possible: a "future state" view that shows you where all your armies would be placed if they finished their current orders. I've often got a bunch of criss-crossing lines, like DxC's screenshot, when I rebalance my armies. It'd be nice to have a quick look at what the future result of my rebalancing would be, which would make it easier to compare total force size vs my enemy, make sure my stack mix is what I want it to be, etc.

Probably really hard to code though, idk.
    • Still, there are 9 different army states to choose from there so if you want to find just idle units you have to uncheck 8 of them which is a bit tedious. It does work, but it would be nice if there was a permanent indicator for idle units, since those are the ones that most commonly need to be identified/put to work.