Units Switching Defense?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do you mean? Apart from the current bug where you can only defend (actually: prevent yourself from attacking) in province centers, all if this worked exactly the same in 1.0.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • DxC wrote:

Thinking about a "defense mode" I think might be confusing you, as if there is some defense mode that is mutually exclusive from an attack mode. This is never the case. Like I said above, any unit will defend a melee attack tic any time one occurs so everything is sort of in defense mode all the time. You can be attacking a target whilst being attacked (and defending) from an unlimited number of other stacks simultaneously and that will never affect your attack cycle.
      correct.

Fox-Company wrote:

I think im still stuck in the past of CoW 1.0, i cant fathom some of these updates to stuff
      It was the same in CoW1.0. Just the UI and icons were different, e.g. we didnt show the defensive icon. The defensive icon is just meant as a visual help, it will not influence how defense/offensive damage is dealt.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

What do you mean? Apart from the current bug where you can only defend (actually: prevent yourself from attacking) in province centers, all if this worked exactly the same in 1.0.
      correct.
    • freezy wrote:

DxC wrote:

Thinking about a "defense mode" I think might be confusing you, as if there is some defense mode that is mutually exclusive from an attack mode. This is never the case. Like I said above, any unit will defend a melee attack tic any time one occurs so everything is sort of in defense mode all the time. You can be attacking a target whilst being attacked (and defending) from an unlimited number of other stacks simultaneously and that will never affect your attack cycle.
      correct.

Fox-Company wrote:

I think im still stuck in the past of CoW 1.0, i cant fathom some of these updates to stuff
      It was the same in CoW1.0. Just the UI and icons were different, e.g. we didnt show the defensive icon. The defensive icon is just meant as a visual help, it will not influence how defense/offensive damage is dealt.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

What do you mean? Apart from the current bug where you can only defend (actually: prevent yourself from attacking) in province centers, all if this worked exactly the same in 1.0.
      correct.
      Yeah that really confused me when i first saw the defensive icon switching... but it was switching when i was attacking and they were defending, so each army attacked/defended every 15 mins or so..
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

I think haphazardly you have from defense option clicked on the attacking units with your tanks selected and attacked them, switching thus from defense to attack, and inversely the infantry switched from attack to defense.

Attacking units cannot enter by themselves in defensive mode, yet units in defensive mode can switch to attacking mode, and force the opponent in defense (I do this when offensive units are trapped in melee in defense modus
      Just hit stop