In World Map 1939, Germany is spelt wrong.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In World Map 1939, Germany is spelt wrong.

In the map of World War, I always get annoyed about the name Germany has, historically, it wasn't called "German Empire" during world war 2, it was called the German Reich, can you please change the name from German Empire to German Reich? It annoyed me how Germany was called "The German Empire" instead of the German Reich. I hope you change this. Thanks, if not, I understand.
      "Nuts!"
      Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

It wasnt spelt wrong, your title is false information. if anything you should say, "In WaW Germany has the incorrect title"
      Don't see where that happens in WaW, think he's talking about the world war map 1939
      He said world at war
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Regardless of the map, it will never be referred to the Reich due to the very simple reason that Byrto is a German company and must abide by German Law. Iirc as such to describe Germany during the interwar years and during WWII period as the German Reich would violate this and could cause them to be shut down and closed for good. Germany has some of the harshest Anti-Nazi Laws in the world for good reason. You would have some idea of this had you even bothered to do some simple research before you made this "suggestion," you would be well advised to have some knowledge on the subject before making future suggestions of this type. ie Read the chat and forum rules.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

Regardless of the map, it will never be referred to the Reich due to the very simple reason that Byrto is a German company and must abide by German Law. Iirc as such to describe Germany during the interwar years and during WWII period as the German Reich would violate this and could cause them to be shut down and closed for good. Germany has some of the harshest Anti-Nazi Laws in the world for good reason. You would have some idea of this had you even bothered to do some simple research before you made this "suggestion," you would be well advised to have some knowledge on the subject before making future suggestions of this type. ie Read the chat and forum rules.
      Listen to this guy he knows what he's talking about.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • As I said in my reply, the map does not matter. There is a reason for the way it is and you should read my previous response to learn WHY.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • Sorry, but there's actually no law that forbids the usage of the real name of the country at that time, no matter if it was called "German Empire" or "German Reich", both names are allowed, "Drittes Reich" ("Third Reich" in eng.) is forbidden though.

As well are the flag of the third Reich and the, so called "Reichskriegsflagge" are forbidden (even though the "Reichskriegsflagge" has nothing to do with the third Reich).

There's also a law allowing you to use such as preservation of history, art and to teach history.

So, since a game can count as art there should be no problem any way.

--
      Winterfliege

:thumbup:
    • Many games about this period go out of their way to avoid mentioning Hitler or show the Swastika. I even remember playing a game (sorry forgot which one) where the leader for Germany was "Franz von Papen", a mostly obscure politician from the early thirties. Game studio's just don't want to get into any kind of trouble about this.

Quite strange that Stalin doesn't fall under these restrictions though; his regime was arguably even more brutal than Hitler's. Apparently Mussolini, Hirohito, Mao, Bomber Harris, and others are OK to use as well.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Winterfliege wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Quite strange that Stalin doesn't fall under these restrictions though; his regime was arguably even more brutal than Hitler's. Apparently Mussolini, Hirohito, Mao, Bomber Harris, and others are OK to use as well
      Yes.. you should know why...
      because
      stalin
      did not
      lose
      that
      war
      (And helped the allies, kind of)
      That's an interesting narrative. According to him, the Allies helped him, a little bit, and not very importantly.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • S Schmidt wrote:

Regardless of the map, it will never be referred to the Reich due to the very simple reason that Byrto is a German company and must abide by German Law. Iirc as such to describe Germany during the interwar years and during WWII period as the German Reich would violate this and could cause them to be shut down and closed for good. Germany has some of the harshest Anti-Nazi Laws in the world for good reason. You would have some idea of this had you even bothered to do some simple research before you made this "suggestion," you would be well advised to have some knowledge on the subject before making future suggestions of this type. ie Read the chat and forum rules.
      Yes this is true. However it does not make sense. Reich means empire not N*zi. + Freedom of speech... However according to the law this makes sense. It is a complicated situation.
      The chickens have risen up, an they are hungary.