Province Trades

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Province Trades

Hey call of war community.

Just wondering why we can't trade unlimited amounts of captured core provinces back to the original country. I am aware that if you are in coalition with the player you will automatically return cores back to them when captured, but there is no easy way to do this with an at war country if you want to settle for peace.

I've surprisingly been in many public game situations as the USA/USSR when I took over germany but wanted to let them continue playing the game, it always gets messy as after agreeing to peace we have to continue the war as I pull out all my troops and let them re-capture territory. My heart particularly goes out to all players without high command who can't set art to hold fire :P

Appreciate your thoughts :thumbsup:
    • There is a good reason for limited trades of provinces, as it can be exploited, that is not going to change nor should it.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • 6thDragon wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

There is a good reason for limited trades of provinces, as it can be exploited, that is not going to change nor should it.
      Yep. This game struggles with players playing multiple accounts and things like that. Unfortunately these limitations are a necessary evil.
      re-allocation may be the answer, so that means on a 1 for 1 basis exchange, yet that can ofcourse be exploted too.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

There is a good reason for limited trades of provinces, as it can be exploited, that is not going to change nor should it.
      Yep. This game struggles with players playing multiple accounts and things like that. Unfortunately these limitations are a necessary evil.
      re-allocation may be the answer, so that means on a 1 for 1 basis exchange, yet that can ofcourse be exploted too.
      It seems that you guys are missing the original point. :wallbash I do not see how removing a cap on returning captured core territory back to the original country can be exploited.

Eg we have a typical ww2 scenario where as France I get all my core territory captured by Germany. USA then does a d-day and takes all the french core provinces out of germany's hands and decides to trade, all my lost core territories back to me. Please elaborate why you would think this could be abused with multi accounting, if anything it encourages players who snowball to return territory and encourages longevity and multi player dynamics as it's easier for other players to return back to the game.

How I've understood it and what I believe should be the case is that you can't trade away your core territory and non core territory is still capped at 1 province trade per day after day 7. The only change to the current system would be giving liberating countries the discretion to return core provinces back to the original owners. Now I ask you to elaborate or criticise this particular change. <3