Manpower statistics at newspaper

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You can use spies to get that information. Then your enemy won't know you have that intel which plays to your advantage.

Besides with the intel you can already obtain from the WH, the player profiles, the maps, stealth units and scout vehicles & etc. you should be able to gather more than enough intel to determine countermeasures and strategies.
    • Ruy Diaz de Bivar wrote:

You can use spies to get that information. Then your enemy won't know you have that intel which plays to your advantage.

Besides with the intel you can already obtain from the WH, the player profiles, the maps, stealth units and scout vehicles & etc. you should be able to gather more than enough intel to determine countermeasures and strategies.
      you can get information about economy too but I meant it should be at newspaper like other things
    • The current info is enough. if you want more then you need to USE some spies as they can report the exact number of resources that a player has in stock including manpower. If this is added then the next person will be asking for the newspaper to include how many units are in an army to make it number one on the most powerful army list. (Which by the way is not just based on the number of units but also their level.) Or lets report exactly how much money the richest nation has. The newspaper is there to give a GENERAL idea not to provide exact numbers.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

The current info is enough. if you want more then you need to USE some spies as they can report the exact number of resources that a player has in stock including manpower. If this is added then the next person will be asking for the newspaper to include how many units are in an army to make it number one on the most powerful army list. (Which by the way is not just based on the number of units but also their level.) Or lets report exactly how much money the richest nation has. The newspaper is there to give a GENERAL idea not to provide exact numbers.
      I didnt mean exact numbers they can show it as % like mightiest armies
    • S Schmidt wrote:

The current info is enough. if you want more then you need to USE some spies as they can report the exact number of resources that a player has in stock including manpower. If this is added then the next person will be asking for the newspaper to include how many units are in an army to make it number one on the most powerful army list. (Which by the way is not just based on the number of units but also their level.) Or lets report exactly how much money the richest nation has. The newspaper is there to give a GENERAL idea not to provide exact numbers.
      I want my spy to find out specific things, not random things. I use spies, but the process of gathering intel is not always targeting what you would like to see. For example I want to know whether a neighbour has RoW treaty with an enemy I can only send an army of spies, and t is even unclear whether we see reciprocal information (i.e. what the neighbour and enemy granted each other) or unilateral, what the neighbour received from or granted to the enemy
    • I agree the op, but also agree with more stats all around, in achievements, profile, in news and what you can get using spies. I often see stockpiles and last trades, but not daily production totals by material type, manpower, no rankings of any kinds with spies. These estimates and rankings are always available by year anyway in the real world today, and probably in the 1940's were available at least to governments and trade industry groups.

At the end of the game, I would also love to see graphs by country and day of VP, Units, Strength, Manpower, every resource, kills, deaths, buildings destroyed, resource value in buildings and units destroyed, plus anything else that might be interesting. Perhaps add a time lapse growth of the victors while playing doctrine themed domination music, with wars and casualty numbers popping up and fading out. Some games franchises like Civilization and Age of empires have a lot of really cool stats after the game is done.
    • S Schmidt wrote:

If this is added then the next person will be asking for the newspaper to include how many units are in an army to make it number one on the most powerful army list.

Kyle Callam wrote:

I think it could be broken further, show which country has the mightiest navy, mightiest land army and mightiest airforce.
      If you want to know this info it should cost you, currently you need to use spies for it, giving it away for free in the newspaper for ALL players is making the need for spies pointless. You can find out who has a large navy. air force or large army by READING the battle summaries. They tell you if nation X is using naval bombardment, artillery bombardment, ground melee units or air forces to kill Nation Y units. You can also estimate if they have large numbers of these units based on the casualties shown and how fast an enemy unit is killed. Once again if you want DETAILED info on a nation you must use spies to get it.

FinnDaddy wrote:

At the end of the game, I would also love to see graphs by country and day of VP, Units, Strength, Manpower, every resource, kills, deaths, buildings destroyed, resource value in buildings and units destroyed, plus anything else that might be interesting.
      I think this or something like it would be a great idea or addition (in fact I think you should write a full post on this and put it in the suggestions forum), it would show how the good players progress and the why and how they do, so that other players could learn and emulate them to also be better players and opponents.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • Absolutely agree on the after game analysis, it will show all we want, also the use of gold, which is not forbidden but then at least you know why certain stuff happenend, even actual HP/Total HP could be shown, so t will show healing when abnormal (more than 7% of difference at day change). Then at least we know why we lost when not using gold. (though it will take some unless the gold user is skilled in the game as well)
    • S Schmidt wrote:

I think this or something like it would be a great idea or addition (in fact I think you should write a full post on this and put it in the suggestions forum), it would show how the good players progress and the why and how they do, so that other players could learn and emulate them to also be better players and opponents.
      Thanks, if you or anyone want to suggest it in a stand alone post if i cant get to it, feel free and I will upvote it. I would love a detailed and interesting recap after the game and it would not take the value away from good old fashioned spy networks and advanced recon and stealth units.