We need to somehow fix the border gore

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We need to somehow fix the border gore

When my allies and I help each other fight somebody, it always ruins the map after the war is done, the borders make no absolute NO sense at all. We really need to fix this. There should be some way to make it the game know that you are fighting with your ally or something. I don't know what we should do to fix this, but we NEED to fix border gore. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:
      Images
      • Call of War.png

684.86 kB, 1,067×449, viewed 18 times
      "Nuts!"
      Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe
    • Here is a suggestion, why DON'T you and your ally actually plan on how to divide? Or better yet only 1 attack and the other attack a 2nd nation? I do both with my allies and it works. It works as long as both agree and are not greedy, if you are in an coalition/alliance with a greedy player dont split a nation its that simple, the game isnt just about winning wars it is also about diplomacy with allies and neutral nations. I suggest practicing it rather than asking mom or dad to decide for you kids since you cant agree on who gets to play with what toy.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • I've played many games and I don't think I've ever once seen a game without a large amount of border gore. It's not just greedy teammates or poor planning, there are plenty of other reasons why one person ends up with more or less (or why people wind up with random territories inside an ally's territory).

Although I've taken a lengthy hiatus, I'm willing to bet the territory trade limit is still a thing and thus these things can't be fixed. Frankly, it's annoying and ugly and I'd like if there was a system to fix or prevent border gore.
    • newbgamer101 wrote:

I've played many games and I don't think I've ever once seen a game without a large amount of border gore. It's not just greedy teammates or poor planning, there are plenty of other reasons why one person ends up with more or less (or why people wind up with random territories inside an ally's territory).

Although I've taken a lengthy hiatus, I'm willing to bet the territory trade limit is still a thing and thus these things can't be fixed. Frankly, it's annoying and ugly and I'd like if there was a system to fix or prevent border gore.
      A solutiuon to this problem may be terrotial exhange/allotment, like farmers do when having many split plots.

So only rural for rural, and city for city, (if even to be considered).

It can be exploited still by allotting all border provinces to my ally so my enemy has to declare another war, lowering again (substantially) his popularity.

Maybe agreements that reconquered territories go to ally when reconquered within a number of days?
    • DxC wrote:

NEPTUNE the great wrote:

ruins the map after the war is done, the borders make no absolute NO sense at all
      What difference does it make if the borders make "no sense"? You mean aesthetically? If it's really an issue just play solo and take it all :)
      Fair point
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.