New Doctrines with Old Features

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Doctrines with Old Features

most of players think all doctrines have balance at the moment , I guess it is mostly about main features like %10 lesser health , %10 more production cost , %30 shorter production time etc.

so we can change other things at doctrine
      we don't need new things to create commonwealth from allied doctrine
      small changes at units power wont will effect too much to balance and it will bring new strategies to game
      players still wants commonwealth , french , italian doctrines

for example add italian doctrine for libya , somalia , ethiopia , eritrea with italy
      %15 more hp , %15 more damage , %10 more production cost will be fix
      main features will be same with axis
      but
      make small changes like don't add %10 more damage for heavy tank at italian doctrine and remove +1/+2 day availability for light tanks at italian doctrine
      at light tanks asians still be better but we will have a different doctrine with different strategy chance
      you can try to use light tanks as a part of your strategy with italian doctrine like axis doctrine
      it is just a sample

you can find many way to create them like giving more power to commonwealth commandos than allied doctrine's
      and give more power to allied paratroopers

I don't understand why people are trying to find new things like lesser construction time

The post was edited 3 times, last by Undaunted ().

• Hmm ok so I thought about this some more, and this is what I could brainstorm:

Allies:
      American/Pan-American/Union - All the Allied N. and S. American countries except Canada and former European colonies
      British/Commonwealth - All of the Commonwealth and British Empire countries, perhaps including Holland, Denmark, Portugal, etc.
      French/Continental - France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, French colonies, etc.

Axis:
      Reich/German - Germany, Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkiye, South American Axis countries, etc.
      Italian - Italy, Libya, Somalia, Romania, Spain, most of the African Axis countries

Comintern:
      Soviet - USSR (All the Russian Comintern countries basically), Mongolia, Xinjiang
      Yugoslav/Balkan (?) - European Comintern countries
      Internationale/Revolutionary - [/i]Cuba, Venezuela, African Comintern countries, etc.

Pan-Asian:
      Imperial - Japan, Korea, all IJ holdings except China, etc.
      Guerilla/Warlord - China, Indochina, Philippines, East Indies, etc.

Not sure the specific unit that'd get bufffefd/debuffed, I'll think and add those ASAP.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Hmm ok so I thought about this some more, and this is what I could brainstorm:

Allies:
      American/Pan-American/Union - All the Allied N. and S. American countries except Canada and former European colonies
      British/Commonwealth - All of the Commonwealth and British Empire countries, perhaps including Holland, Denmark, Portugal, etc.

Axis:
      Reich/German - Germany, Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkiye, South American Axis countries, etc.
      Italian - Italy, Libya, Somalia, Romania, Spain, most of the African Axis countries

Comintern:
      Soviet - USSR (All the Russian Comintern countries basically), Mongolia, Xinjiang
      Internationale/Revolutionary - [/i]Cuba, Venezuela, African Comintern countries, etc.

Pan-Asian:

Not sure the specific unit that'd get bufffefd/debuffed, I'll think and add those ASAP.
      list is weird a bit , spain with italian doctrine , portugal with british doctrine
      no connection between czechoslovakia and france
    • Undaunted wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Hmm ok so I thought about this some more, and this is what I could brainstorm:

Allies:

Axis:

Comintern:

Pan-Asian:

list is weird a bit , spain with italian doctrine , portugal with british doctrineno connection between czechoslovakia and france
      Mostly for balancing purposes, I know that Spain is actually mostly using German equipment, but the idea is more focus on the doctrine they use in battle, etc.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Well since those sub-doctrines would just be "flavors" of the main doctrine, there's no real need to have equal numbers and balance in either in the amount of sub-doctrines per main doctrine, or the amount of countries using them. So there's no need to give sub-doctrines some sort of "we have to split the Soviet doctrine and figure out how to get it properly distributed on the map"; instead, you can just create the sub-doctrine when there are (historical?) grounds for it and then assign it to the countries for which it sounds appropriate, even if that is only one or two.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • So there's no need to give sub-doctrines some sort of "we have to split the Soviet doctrine and figure out how to get it properly distributed on the map"; instead, you can just create the sub-doctrine when there are (historical?) grounds for it and then assign it to the countries for which it sounds appropriate, even if that is only one or two.
    • As it is, the main doctrines are different enough that it's at least complicated to compare them. Some people may prefer different ones for different reasons. Of course some are probably superior in theory given some set of conditions, say equal player skill etc, but still different enough to make it seem like a fairly complex comparison. If you simply added or removed some benefits to a doctrine the comparison would be simple and most people would opt for the better choice when possible. I guess I could see something like this being reasonable on a HWW type map, but for a "balanced" map it would be weird.
    • I would be interested in new game play differences. For example, trade and diplomatic consequences for warring with a particular doctrine. Rebellions, secessions, spontaneous war declarations.

I'm less interested in visual tweaks. They tend to make the game less playable for me. I want a clear visual difference between an AT gun and an artillery gun. This helps me. I don't want an AT gun with a bunch of renderings. This only serves to annoy me, because some of those AT guns end up looking like artillery.

Similarly for different kinds off planes, tanks, and so on. At some point the tanks all look the same, and they have to make up differences, making Comintern planes and tanks ugly just so they look different. This is lame. I don't like it.