Regular artillery Vs rocket artillery as axis

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Regular artillery Vs rocket artillery as axis

Some friends urge me to build rocket artillery instead of normal artillery since I also build attack bombers and medium tanks as anti armour units so I should make them to kill unarmoured units.

But I also desire to build RRG, not to mention rare metal consumption will skyrocket with this switch as I already build a lot of planes and medium tanks, I also find unarmoured units are in essence of much less HP than armoured units so it's not really worth it (Normal artillery killing infantry for ex of 17 HP nearly as quick as a medium tank of 50 HP)...

What do you all think? Should I really build rocket artillery as axis?
    • I don't build rocket arty as Axis, but know good players who build rocket arty regardless of doctrine. My usual approach with Axis is to build normal arty or RRG depending on resources. But it's nice to be able to clear infantry units quickly with rockets, and don't forget, normal artillery is a foot unit, so it loses to its rocket cousin.
    • yeah. If you have two means to defeat soft targets and two means to defeat hard targets you are ok to go. Now I like planes and in general I take both Tacticals and attack bombers. Then I choose two research lines that also kill hard and soft targets in case I dont have air superiority or they have loads of AA.

If you have no RRG then rocket artillery would be best, since you will not have RRG in first few days RA would be the onbious choice. Then MT can kill medium targets, it will be harder to kill hard targets. so you need to use RRG or attack bombers for that.

Recently I ran AC/MT/SPRA and the air force, on a small map RRG is almost overkill and it is not very mobile. The (SP)RA in axis doctrine is very potent because of powerdoctrine but SPRA takes 7 days, Comintern is even nicer due only 5 days delay. The first 5 I used only AC and MT in big stacks after which I started producing planes and SPRA, it became noticable from the World Herald that only AC and light tank was becoming a liability