Disbanding units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Disbanding units

I believe that a player should have the option to disband units or buildings and receive a percentage of the resources back that was used to create a it. A player should also be able to combine damaged units to make full strength units.

It takes forever for a badly damaged unit to be ready to use again. When you are in a heated war, it would be great, and realistic, to combine strength depleted units into a full strength one. It can be done like upgrading, taking xx amount of time to complete the merger. You should also be able to delete a unit you no longer want or need, to gain whatever resources you can from that unit.
      When I conquer Provinces with buildings, I should be able to decide if I want to keep and repair each building, or scrap the building for materials.
    • Old Soldier1964 wrote:

I believe that a player should have the option to disband units or buildings and receive a percentage of the resources back that was used to create a it. A player should also be able to combine damaged units to make full strength units.

It takes forever for a badly damaged unit to be ready to use again. When you are in a heated war, it would be great, and realistic, to combine strength depleted units into a full strength one. It can be done like upgrading, taking xx amount of time to complete the merger. You should also be able to delete a unit you no longer want or need, to gain whatever resources you can from that unit.
      When I conquer Provinces with buildings, I should be able to decide if I want to keep and repair each building, or scrap the building for materials.
      then stop to produce med tanks and send randomly everywhere there wont be a badly damaged unit problem

by the way as they say it will never happen
    • I think they don't implement it because it is fringe functionality, not because they want your gold.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I personally would love to disband units.... it's perfectly historical, logical and economic....
      We can also make it as a "refitting" of existing units..
      For example changing one unit type to other unit type "within the same overall branch" with some reduced training costs and time...why would I bother to use infantry when I can turn them to mechanised infantry?
      Of course it's a bit complicated but it can be done without being overpowered.
    • Kyrollous wrote:

why would I bother to use infantry when I can turn them to mechanised infantry?
      I can think of a dozen reasons for that...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Kyrollous wrote:

why would I bother to use infantry when I can turn them to mechanised infantry?
      I can think of a dozen reasons for that...
      As far as I have come to know... these are mainly niche reasons....
      The only real thing we are talking about here is being unarmoured not light armoured....
      Which is useful in.....what? Only in fighting tank destroyers and AT guns....
      However I very rarely meet any ot these units...most people just build tanks and other infantry as direct combat unit....

Now as for the costs I couldn't really bother considering that a thing really... mechanised infantry is so much stronger and faster that it just outweighs the extra costs by a massive margin.
    • I like the idea of disbanding units and have expressed support of this in similar threads. I think it only works for units of the same type and level. For example, if you have eight damaged infantry units, 25% health, you could turn them into two at full health or four at half. Essentially transferring the survivors under a new command. There is plenty of historical precedent for this.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I like the idea of disbanding units and have expressed support of this in similar threads. I think it only works for units of the same type and level. For example, if you have eight damaged infantry units, 25% health, you could turn them into two at full health or four at half. Essentially transferring the survivors under a new command. There is plenty of historical precedent for this.
      Reorganization itself is affirmative.
      But I may prefer the one that requires time and additional resources.
      Because it may be unlikely that eight regiments of infantry would suffer equally in casualties and material attrition.
      It might be nice if time and additional resources were needed as the cost of doing the paperwork to make it allocate between units.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I like the idea of disbanding units and have expressed support of this in similar threads. I think it only works for units of the same type and level. For example, if you have eight damaged infantry units, 25% health, you could turn them into two at full health or four at half. Essentially transferring the survivors under a new command. There is plenty of historical precedent for this.
      Historical precedent aside, consolidating your units like that would be a terrible decision to make with the current game mechanics. They'd have to completely change game mechanics to make it even worth considering.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

This is called consolidation in another game I play.

I am not a fan of the concept of 'deleting units' and receiving resources back. I think Consolidation or Reorganization would make a lot more sense. If I have to many Foot Infantry, it'd be nice I could upgrade it to Motorized Infantry or Light Tank to Medium Tank..
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I think they don't implement it because it is fringe functionality, not because they want your gold.
      Exactly this. We discussed it internally in the past, it just never got priority to be implemented (add it to the list). Probably also due to the fact that there would be potentially exploitable edge cases, which could lead to this doing more harm than good. Personally though I like the idea.

I imagine that we would implement it in a pretty black-and-white way though, meaning disbanding/deconstruction yes, but with no direct benefit for the person doing it. Meaning no resources refunded or troops healed, to avoid any potential exploits. It would only be an option for people to save upkeep of damaged unit (or their K/D), or to do a little bit of scorched earth when they cant defend a city. Even that can be exploited though, e.g. conquering an enemy city with a scout and quickly dismantling the buildings. So the action would also need to take time to complete to prevent abuse. We would have to be cautious to not hurt the meta with this.

Still I can already imagine the support tickets: "Help, my dog logged into my account and disbanded all my units/buildings, refund please!"