How to manage resources after doing too much research?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bombo wrote:

Regarding the war between the Caucasus and Egypt, the news in the newspaper is very important and positive, Egypt has lost about 24,000 men while the Caucasus only 8!

How can I take advantage of this opportunity?

Clearly, the Caucasus player is much better, and will mop the floor with Egypt and his allies.
      How many men has Libya lost while fighting an inactive country?
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

I even had two people in severe war with each other (north and south US), over 50000 casualties. I Convinced them peace was necessary to win the game, but that together with them we could win. They made a treaty and I convinced them to trade back their provinces turn by turn and they prepared a mass invasion of europe, successfully. This was the most epic political game ever in my experience.
      This sounds like quite a project :)

The more efficient way to exploit this situation is to realize both countries are weak. Kill both of them, starting with the "winner" who has bled himself dry in the process of "winning", then keep going and finish both of them. Now you have 2 countries conquered, and you can focus on allying with someone smarter. Players who suffer large casualties are not good allies. You want someone with a strong industry, and a strong army, who knows how to win efficiently.
      The problem was I had a coalition to beat all by myself, and they were not completely retarded. It may be prove really difficult to beat 15 core cities with reasonable players, but as usually it depends all about the map, if you can take them easily sequentially it would be ok, but I think I had them flanking on multiple sides, suboptimal.
    • Bombo wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

I even had two people in severe war with each other (north and south US), over 50000 casualties. I Convinced them peace was necessary to win the game, but that together with them we could win. They made a treaty and I convinced them to trade back their provinces turn by turn and they prepared a mass invasion of europe, successfully. This was the most epic political game ever in my experience.
      This sounds like quite a project :)
      The more efficient way to exploit this situation is to realize both countries are weak. Kill both of them, starting with the "winner" who has bled himself dry in the process of "winning", then keep going and finish both of them. Now you have 2 countries conquered, and you can focus on allying with someone smarter. Players who suffer large casualties are not good allies. You want someone with a strong industry, and a strong army, who knows how to win efficiently.
      So guys, this is the situation!I just received a response from the US that they have agreed to an alliance, now I have to understand how true their words are, so I still have to speak well to them.

Regarding the war between the Caucasus and Egypt, the news in the newspaper is very important and positive, Egypt has lost about 24,000 men while the Caucasus only 8!
      Let's reflect on some hypotheses!
      1 I can take the side of Egypt, with which I have a right of way from before its entry into the coalition with Libya (I forgot to mention, we are not allies anyway, just a right of way).
      What would this choice cause?
      In case of victory Egypt and her coalition would still be alive, and they could attack me and my coalition, since there are no others active!

The second choice could be to line up for the Caucasus, make it an ally... But I still can't get him into the coalition, because I would have to eliminate Italy which, however scarce I would be sorry for that player.

3 choice, see how the war unfolded and try to intervene against both! This could be difficult, and anyway I would like to do it when at least 1 of the Caucasus and Egypt is almost destroyed!

If Libya, in alliance with Egypt, intervenes against the Caucasus, the situation that would arise would be very interesting. At the moment the Libyans are at war with Algeria, which is inactive.

Anyway you were very good in your political move :D
      Look at his profile, what is the balance between solo and coalition wins? If there are only solo wins or a lot you know what the tendency of the player is. Some people find only pride/satisfaction in solo wins, others like the fast paced (and less risky) coalition wins.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Bombo wrote:

Clearly, the Caucasus player is much better, and will mop the floor with Egypt and his allies.
      How many men has Libya lost while fighting an inactive country?
      Libya has lost about 1,000 soldiers, against 8,000 in inactive Algeria. Caucasus unfortunately is a "new" but "old" player, we just wrote about this game and he told me that after some time he started playing with a new account! So basically I have nothing to spy on based on stats unfortunately :/
    • Bombo wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Bombo wrote:

Clearly, the Caucasus player is much better, and will mop the floor with Egypt and his allies.How many men has Libya lost while fighting an inactive country?
      Libya has lost about 1,000 soldiers, against 8,000 in inactive Algeria. Caucasus unfortunately is a "new" but "old" player, we just wrote about this game and he told me that after some time he started playing with a new account! So basically I have nothing to spy on based on stats unfortunately :/
      I always wonder why people make new accounts, ....
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Bombo wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Bombo wrote:

Clearly, the Caucasus player is much better, and will mop the floor with Egypt and his allies.How many men has Libya lost while fighting an inactive country?
      I always wonder why people make new accounts, ....
      ıf you joined 111 game and won 108 with 394 k/d ratio you are good player LOL
    • Undaunted wrote:

ıf you joined 111 game and won 108 with 394 k/d ratio you are good player LOL
      Sure, I am not doubting that you may be a very reasonable player depending which maps, but WHY start a new account, was the old one so troubled with bad stats, and how does that affect play? I look at K/D sure, but I also look how players perform in the game itself before I choose to join or create a coalition with them. It is not purely based on stats in general.
    • Lads! I'm one step away from my first 2 Cal Of War wins!

About the game here I told you in this post is going well!
      The Caucasus destroyed Egypt easier than I thought, probably Egypt, although it had many conquests, found itself unprepared for war against the Caucasus.

As soon as the Caucasus conquers Greece, he immediately starts flying interceptors over my borders, understanding the mentality of this player, I decide to declare war and retreat territorially after a small attack!
      Basically the Caucasus conquered from the beginning of the match, he didn't stop for a moment, so I immediately understood that he was going to attack me since we were close!

Libya, which was previously an ally of Egypt strangely joins the Caucasus, this surprises me because it was in coalition with Egypt! It didn't help him either and he finally lets the Caucasus into his coalition after the defeat of Egypt!

Anyway, long story short, the technique of defending, then attacking works well! So I left some ground in the Caucasus to then hit him with planes... My luck was that his troop fort was in Egypt and Turkey, so he had to send them overboard to get to me! At that point I hit them with submarines first and battleships later! I basically destroyed his entire army at sea!

Now I quietly advance towards his capital with a light tank, an infantry, and an armored personnel carrier!
      I think I'll be able to take it like this.

The US seems to want to take my side, they are conquering Spain and we have excellent relations at the moment. But let's see how the situation evolves.

Libya has lost many troops, destroyed its industries and military bases with strategic bombers.
      Now hopefully the game is in your pocket, except if there are sudden changes!
    • Bombo wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Hahaha, it depends!
      Do you have aggressive neighbors?
      Are you surrounded by easy AI targets?
      It makes a difference.
      In any case, consider why you need each unit.
      And remember whatever units you build, should be max level.
      Hi boys! I will try to answer each of you. In the meantime, thanks for replying!
      I have no aggressive neighbors, England has become inactive today, so even on the sea north of Germany, having Sweden as an ally, I am calm.
      I'm surrounded by AI yes, after having taken Luxembourg, divided Denmark with Sweden and half Switzerland divided with Italy, I'm thinking of also occupying Belgium and Holland... on the other hand I'm undecided whether to take the Austria which is at war with Yugoslavia (Yugoslavia fights to conquer it) and then attacks Yugoslavia itself.
      I have a similar game to this, I am Sweden, and England was inactive, and I divided Denmark with Germany, coincidence?
      "Nuts!"
      Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe
    • NEPTUNE the great wrote:

Bombo wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Hahaha, it depends!
      Do you have aggressive neighbors?
      Are you surrounded by easy AI targets?
      It makes a difference.
      In any case, consider why you need each unit.
      And remember whatever units you build, should be max level.
      Hi boys! I will try to answer each of you. In the meantime, thanks for replying!I have no aggressive neighbors, England has become inactive today, so even on the sea north of Germany, having Sweden as an ally, I am calm.
      I'm surrounded by AI yes, after having taken Luxembourg, divided Denmark with Sweden and half Switzerland divided with Italy, I'm thinking of also occupying Belgium and Holland... on the other hand I'm undecided whether to take the Austria which is at war with Yugoslavia (Yugoslavia fights to conquer it) and then attacks Yugoslavia itself.
      I have a similar game to this, I am Sweden, and England was inactive, and I divided Denmark with Germany, coincidence?
      If you are Italian and we play in the same sever maybe we are allies hahaha
      anyway it's going great.
      Now it depends a lot on the USA but I am convinced that even if they were to attack in the future I could defend myself together with Sweden.