only 1 province for 1 resource type

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• only 1 province for 1 resource type

you have 11 province to produce but have only 1 province for a resource type

would you build factories at non-core provinces to increase its production or you would keep to attack everywhere and hope to find cities from this resource type

btw I guess type of resource is important , answer can change according to type , it might be good for food and might be bad for iron

what you think about return of investment

The post was edited 1 time, last by Undaunted ().

• As you said, it depends. I've done it before for things like Goods, when I have a decent stockpile of iron, oil, and rares and don't mind spending it on a non-core province. However, those circumstances are really rare. It's almost never worth it on a strict ROI basis to build industry in a non-core city or province; I think someone counted the payback period as something like 20 days, longer than most games last.

You're usually better off just buying that resource from the market, and selling your surplus if you need to.
    • If you don't have a resource at the province level, first max out your industry in the city that has that resource. Also when expanding, prioritize expanding into AI that have this resource, to the maximum extent possible. Also consider trading on the market for this resource, you can check repeatedly for good deals, or trading with coalition partners. Letting your partners know the resources you are struggling with is a good place to start as they can trade or outright give you what you are lacking.

Regarding building industry in non-core provinces. As others have pointed out it takes too long to see a return on your investment and should be avoided at all costs. There are too many good alternatives out there.

Although the best strategy is to plan ahead. Know the resources you'll need based on the units you prefer to build and make sure you don't start in a country that doesn't have this resource at the province level. I've made this mistake myself. For instance, if you like artillery and air craft with Pan Asian, don't play as Nationalist China on the 100 player map. You will struggle mightily when not having goods at the province level. Careful country selection is key to winning.
    • Any country is playable and winnable. Sure, not having the right resource at the province level may be a setback but there are dozens of possible setbacks in the early game (unreachable supply drops, getting invaded by some troll who also happens to know his game, losing the race to AI capitals, getting mangled between cooperating neighbors, misjudging the abilities of an early human target, etc etc). This one is no more importnt than others.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Undaunted wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

If your game lasts long enough for non-core industry to be a factor, you're focusing on the wrong thing.
      at day 5 you can complete to all factories , after this we might keep to play more 20 days but there is nothing about economy more in game , this is weird , day 5 and economy topic is closed now fight until everyone die
      I think this is only in the case you dont use a lot of rares steel and oil, thus are infantry and ordnance based. Otherwise you will not make it in 5 days, if tanks, fleet and airforce are competing for essential resources for industry it will take 9-10 days if you want to still be able to push around neighbours during that time.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

If your game lasts long enough for non-core industry to be a factor, you're focusing on the wrong thing.
      at day 5 you can complete to all factories , after this we might keep to play more 20 days but there is nothing about economy more in game , this is weird , day 5 and economy topic is closed now fight until everyone die
      I think this is only in the case you dont use a lot of rares steel and oil, thus are infantry and ordnance based. Otherwise you will not make it in 5 days, if tanks, fleet and airforce are competing for essential resources for industry it will take 9-10 days if you want to still be able to push around neighbours during that time.
      pan-asian doctrine is lucky about this , %20 more speed , artillery has more damage and cheaper
      at day 5 all factories are completed so I can start to produce some tac bomber and ship to keep invade faster

pan asian doctrine hasn't many advantage at units which needs oil rare and steel
      it needs tac bombers and rocket artilleries for enemies which ones have many artillery
      now it seems time to spend oil rare steel to these units with ships
    • Undaunted wrote:

would you build factories at non-core provinces to increase its production or you would keep to attack everywhere and hope to find cities from this resource type
      First off, what says you cant do both? I do both, except the attack every where, I attack other players 1 at a time. If they have industry great if not it is still an asset and will increase your daily resource production. 4 player nations if they have industry in them (or where it can be repaired) is equal to my core or close enough and if they have no industry 4 will equal my resource production that I started with on day 1. As for actually building industry in a non core province I usually wont unless it is a desperately needed resource as your rural non core provinces will produce more than 1 non core city will so you would need to build 4 times the industry to equal a city core with the same morale in each and that is not worth the investment of resources.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

4 player nations if they have industry in them (or where it can be repaired) is equal to my core or close enough and if they have no industry 4 will equal my resource production that I started with on day 1. As for actually building industry in a non core province I usually wont unless it is a desperately needed resource as your rural non core provinces will produce more than 1 non core city will so you would need to build 4 times the industry to equal a city core with the same morale in each and that is not worth the investment of resources.
      Isn't the return on investment the same if you're repairing damaged industry or building new? It uses the same resources. If I capture a city, I'm on it right away to check if it's building industry. Same with rural provinces with a resource. When it is, cancel that production and you can get a share of the resources spent back that you can put to better use building your own industry in your core.
    • Absolutely; and make a conscious decision about any troops being built as well (either working, or standing still because the prod. building is gone).
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.