Unit upgrade

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit upgrade

Hi.

It is a very hard decision to upgrade a unit, because after that it will need a higher level factory to produce.

In my opinion the game should change: a player should be able to produce a unit in any level he researched. If he has lvl4 light tank researched, he should be able to build lvl1,lvl2,lvl3 and lvl4 LT up to him. In this case newly captured territories could be used faster for unit producing.

And it also makes sense. Once he has that technology why can't one use older technology for a faster production in case of?
    • ricsipop wrote:

Hi.

It is a very hard decision to upgrade a unit, because after that it will need a higher level factory to produce.

In my opinion the game should change: a player should be able to produce a unit in any level he researched. If he has lvl4 light tank researched, he should be able to build lvl1,lvl2,lvl3 and lvl4 LT up to him. In this case newly captured territories could be used faster for unit producing.

And it also makes sense. Once he has that technology why can't one use older technology for a faster production in case of?
      it seems like trying to produce T-26 at 1970s , do you think it is a good idea ?

imagine you are at day 20 , what will you do with level 1 unit ?

if you want lesser production times don't produce attacker units like medium tanks
      you can produce high level infantries and anti tanks at 5-6 hours but medium tanks need 10 hours
    • No one would build the high level unit anymore, everyone would build the L1 and upgrade it.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

No one would build the high level unit anymore, everyone would build the L1 and upgrade it.
      To build this further: with the way upgrade system works, it is so so so much cheaper and faster to spam a bunch of L1 units, research that unit up to L3 or L4, then upgrade all existing units. If the above system was implemented, changes would have to be made, perhaps mandating the end of the upgrade system as a whole.

Also it'd be hilarious to watch, especially with Allied and Comintern players ^^
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • freezy wrote:

Well you would save the costs for upgrading the buildings tho
      That's true. But if you have upgraded production buildings then the time advantage isn't as great. It's often the case that manpower is the limiting factor though. Under those conditions time and other resources are less critical.

I do kind of like the idea of being able to produce below the current research level, but they would need to be non-upgradable, or at least have some additional upgrade penalty.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DxC ().

• This is why you should keep 1-2 cheap units at level 1 for the whole game.
      Gives you a way to build something quickly in an emergency, far away from your core.
      Militia and AT guns are the typical answer. Sometimes AC, if you don't upgrade them.
    • No, but you can upgrade it quickly to the current tech level and THEN kill something.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I find low-level AT gun and militia useful throughout the game.
      They are cheap and fast to build.
      They are stealthy.
      They can stop pillaging units, especially if you can build several and prepare an ambush.
      For example, if an AC gets behind your lines, you can stop it without distracting your real army.
      They can also be good pillagers/ambushers behind enemy lines.
      It's an effective way to cause a distraction, force the enemy to divide his army.

I'm not saying level 1 units are "better" by the way, don't everyone get excited please :)
      Just saying it's useful to have some level 1 units in your build options.
      If all of your units are leveled up, then you can find yourself with no good options.
      It's not easy to build level 3 infantry in a distant, recently conquered, 25 morale city.
      In those cases, a level 1 militia may be an excellent option.
    • For me the point of being able to build lesser units would be for speed of construction.
      I agree with making it as costly to build low then upgrade as it would be to build high...or even add a small penalty.

But the main reason to allow this is for those instances where you need some units FAST.
      At least give us the option.
    • The solution exists. Leave some units at level 1. This requires no changes to the game engine. No confusing user interfaces for picking the unit level at build time. Either leave your militia or your infantry at level 1. You don't need to upgrade both.