How to play a 1939 historical map with Spain?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to play a 1939 historical map with Spain?

Hi guys. I'm playing 3 games of Call Of War. And I'm honestly telling you, that's too many haha :D From next time I'll focus on one game at a time!

I'll give you a small summary of my first two games that I'm still playing.

- Number 1 is the historic 1939 map where I chose Germany. This is because I really like playing with Germany!
      It was a good match, and now it's almost won... I formed a coalition with Spain and Japan, and now I only have to fight against the bots who declare war on me but victory is already in my pocket. We are on match day 29.

- The second is the one I told you about in my previous posts, "clash of nations in Europe" where it's always Germany...and this one is going well too! The Caucasus has received some beating from me and I am now entering Turkey (conquered by the Caucasus).
      I don't know how it will end, nobody knows hahaha! But I hope to win this too. Let's hope.

I've given you two very small summaries of two games that I'm having a lot of fun with! Now I tell you about my third game, and I hope to get some advice on this one.

- In my third game, I'm Spain, the map is the historical world map of 1939.
      At first it looked like it was going to be a hot game, but now after just 6 days there will be maybe only 8 active players, the rest are all inactive.
      They are in coalition with Italy and France. They too, although active, seem a bit stationary.
      Our closest active opponents were the UK, the Soviet Union, Egypt and Romania, but unfortunately the UK and the Soviet Union are inactive, which detracts some of the electricity from the game.

Since I opened this game almost by chance, and I chose Spain, I let it go a little and concentrated on the other two that are most important to me.
      Now I want to understand how to act in this third of mine.
      I've practically never played with Spain in historical maps, at the beginning it seemed weak to me used to Germany. Now I'm reinforcing it. Having practically had 6 days I was able to strengthen the industries, but also the maritime military force!

In my mind there is that of attacking Egypt because it seems to me the most dangerous active nation. I will in the next 3 or 5 days. Time to prepare the armies.
      Unfortunately I'm not so convinced that Italy and France will follow me, given their lack of activity.

I was wondering if any of you have ever played Spain in historical maps and won? How are you playing for Spain? Does your strategy change when you change countries?
    • Bombo wrote:

Hi guys. I'm playing 3 games of Call Of War. And I'm honestly telling you, that's too many haha :D From next time I'll focus on one game at a time!

I'll give you a small summary of my first two games that I'm still playing.

- Number 1 is the historic 1939 map where I chose Germany. This is because I really like playing with Germany!
      It was a good match, and now it's almost won... I formed a coalition with Spain and Japan, and now I only have to fight against the bots who declare war on me but victory is already in my pocket. We are on match day 29.

- The second is the one I told you about in my previous posts, "clash of nations in Europe" where it's always Germany...and this one is going well too! The Caucasus has received some beating from me and I am now entering Turkey (conquered by the Caucasus).
      I don't know how it will end, nobody knows hahaha! But I hope to win this too. Let's hope.

I've given you two very small summaries of two games that I'm having a lot of fun with! Now I tell you about my third game, and I hope to get some advice on this one.

- In my third game, I'm Spain, the map is the historical world map of 1939.
      At first it looked like it was going to be a hot game, but now after just 6 days there will be maybe only 8 active players, the rest are all inactive.
      They are in coalition with Italy and France. They too, although active, seem a bit stationary.
      Our closest active opponents were the UK, the Soviet Union, Egypt and Romania, but unfortunately the UK and the Soviet Union are inactive, which detracts some of the electricity from the game.

Since I opened this game almost by chance, and I chose Spain, I let it go a little and concentrated on the other two that are most important to me.
      Now I want to understand how to act in this third of mine.
      I've practically never played with Spain in historical maps, at the beginning it seemed weak to me used to Germany. Now I'm reinforcing it. Having practically had 6 days I was able to strengthen the industries, but also the maritime military force!

In my mind there is that of attacking Egypt because it seems to me the most dangerous active nation. I will in the next 3 or 5 days. Time to prepare the armies.
      Unfortunately I'm not so convinced that Italy and France will follow me, given their lack of activity.

I was wondering if any of you have ever played Spain in historical maps and won? How are you playing for Spain? Does your strategy change when you change countries?
      try to be friend who has big navy in game UK , France , USA and Japan , if they want you can't keep to play because most of your cities at coast
      invade small countries which has small navy and ground army like cuba , haiti , dominic republic , iceland , greenland , egypt , liberia , yugoslavia etc.
      build factories and recruit stations at your core provinces
      don't train tanks like a crazy , build a navy and defensive army ( anti tank , anti air , infantry , artillery , interceptor , rocket artillery , armored car , tank destroyer ) you can add some tac and attack bomber with rockets too
    • Honestly, as Spain in HWW, I got for a high-risk high-reward strategy. First, invade Portugal (nothing too fancy bout that except you'd better get Japan or China to take Macau), then ally with UK, USA, and/or Germany and invade France. More than VPs, it helps you strategically so that you can then use the North African colonies (there are quite a lot VPs in North Africa compared to the rest of Africa. As Undaunted mentioned, go for defensive troops, but also keep some mot. inf.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • I have played as Spain in a HWW match, unlike yours plenty of players stayed active the majority of the game.

At the start I allied with Germany and Italy and we tagged team a French Defeat I managed to get alot of land for myself here, I had also allied myself with most other players, even the UK who was Frances ally, it really didn't matter if UK could tell France my troop locations because he was already dead.

In Asia Japan quickly went inactive along with, China and most other independent countries in Asia the only one still active being India who quickly attacked UK seeing that he will be focused on Germany and Italy, India quickly took over abunch of Asia. Persia had managed to take most of Middle East by about Day 7. At this time I had control of a decent chunk of Frances European provinces, I also had taken Portugal out and was preparing to start gaining lands in Africa.

Then Germany had already declared on UK, and had started to Invade, so causualy I declare on UK to use his land to my advantage. At this time The US had Declared on Mexico and Won, he was in the same coalition as Canada and Canada hadnt attacked anyone yet. Brazil had much of South America controlled as well but was by himself. South Africa had been building quite a bit of troops at this moment.

For Some reason not many people liked to be allies in this Match because remember.

Persia has control of Middle East
      India has Control of Tibet, Afghanistan, and South East Asia
      Germanay Has control of Poland, most of France, and Most of UK
      Italy has control of Yugoslavia and Romania
      USA has control of Mexico and Central America
      Brazil has control of Argentina and Peru and ai contries in between
      Canada is allied with USA
      South Africa all by himself
      Spain, Germany, and Italy in coalition (but are having internal conflicts between Italy and Germany)

So I began to start to invade north Africa and had control of the whole west side all the way to Egypt who was then invaded by Persia So because I felt like it I started to plan to Invade South Africa, I had then built a strong Navy having most of the North African cities and other Coastal cities, so I bombed South Africas shores easily and invaded. South Africa surrendered and offered to be my puppet, only having control of some coastal cities I decided to keep him alive I shouldnt waste troops and resources on someone who will serve me. Then the unexpected happened and all in about a days time, (we were on about day 18) USA attacked Brazil and Canada, Germany attacked Italy, and India attacked Persia.

Having most of my forces in South Africa I started to move my troops north to my border with Persia so I could attack him and reap the benefits. USA had emerged victorious against both Brazil and Canada, canada looked like a Cake walk, and Brazil was a hard fight in columbia but eventually Brazil was overrun. Italy was defeated very swiftly by Germany, and Persia was taken with Ease by India. Figuring I would be next give it I am currently in the middle of all four remaining active players, USA, Germany, India and South Africa I started to go diplomatic, trying to get everyone on my side. So naturally I spoke to USA first since he was the strongest, Germany was easy to convince because he was already my ally, and South Africa the sme because I had already attacked him and proved he would be doomed if I did again.

Italy had been declared war on by multiple nearby ai and germany so I took my chances, and he obviously was planning to attack me because most of his troops were near my border, and it was a dogfight. I had a good airforce and tanks but he was using Railroad guns and interceptors so I had to try other options, long story short, the multifront wars caused him to move troops away from my border and I took advantage of that. I had then continued to gain control of all of Africa except South America. But South America was already doomed because USA had troops landing on his shores already. I mangaed to convince USA to help me attack Germany and we did so with little time left in the game give it USA already had the needed points to win. I had ctually advanced my troops to about an hour and a half from reaching berlin, technically I didnt win I got second, butit was still a good game and I earned some gold in the process. My total points at the end was like 750 something around there.

LONG STORY SHORT, if you are a minor country like Spain Ally yourself with others and take advantage of wars people join. I havent read the other posts, but I will after this too see if they would agree with how I ran things.
      - PorterJ

Go Ukraine!
    • PorterJ wrote:

I havent read the other posts, but I will after this too see if they would agree with how I ran things.
      Tip: Read other posts before you make your own. I learnt this the hard way.

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • PorterJ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Very Unnoble. It’s Slava Ukrani!
      My B, I will need to change it tho to Go Isreal and Ukraine now
      You're telling this to a guy who lives in the Arab world ._.

o7
    • PorterJ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

What! NEVER ISRAEL! DOWN WITH ZIONISM!

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

PorterJ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

You're telling this to a guy who lives in the Arab world ._.
      and to another guy. The firing squad's too good for him....
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Great to see you're enjoying your Call of War games and tackling different countries and scenarios! Playing as Spain in a historical map like 1939 can be a unique challenge, but it sounds like you have a solid plan in mind. Best of luck with your upcoming moves, and I hope you can lead Spain to victory in this game!