Regional Share Map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Regional Share Map

For example you have all asia
      and other guy has all africa and arabia

so you don't want to share map , you don't want to give right of way but you want to make a deal with him outside of peace

When you wanted to regional share map to a player , you will choose countries from list like province trade
      but you can choose multiple options here
      for example you chose Persia to show opponent
      and you chose saudi arabia , qatar , oman for opponent to show you

you will see only these regions , you wont see africa and opponent will see only persia
    • Undaunted wrote:

For example you have all asia
      and other guy has all africa and arabia

so you don't want to share map , you don't want to give right of way but you want to make a deal with him outside of peace

When you wanted to regional share map to a player , you will choose countries from list like province trade
      but you can choose multiple options here
      for example you chose Persia to show opponent
      and you chose saudi arabia , qatar , oman for opponent to show you

you will see only these regions , you wont see africa and opponent will see only persia
      Doesn't seem worth the work.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I can see this happening in the game, but I can also see that it won't be used that much because some people don't use province trading because it takes so long to wait, and by the time you do have the chance, the person you want to trade with is either, AI or gone. So, I agree with Fox-Company, it's a good suggestion, I just don't see it will be worth the work.
      "Nuts!"
      Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe
    • I would like to use this feature, if it existed. But there are some challenges. How do you prevent your Share Maps partner from leaking information to an enemy you don't want to share with? They can take a screen shot and share over Discord, or just tell your enemy where your troops are going. The same reason prevents us from "observing" games. It would be fun, but it would also be easy to abuse.
    • DxC wrote:

Seems like a good idea. It would be a NAP with the ability to observe border activity (assurance). It could also be used by a larger player vs a small one. "Show me map for province X and Y and I won't attack you."
      So i know where your troops are so i can more effectively attack you*
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Well I never understood why people share their maps so easily. Often they don't even talk to you, they just make the offer out of the blue. Of course, that's just asking for abuse. Sometimes I just accept these offers, cancel my own end of it, and the player in question leaves his end of the deal open for days. Yeah, this is a feature which is VERY easy to abuse, and my own idea about it ("Only share intel with a player you have trust") seems to be far from the player base idea about it. Betrayal is easy and common with it.

I agree that this suggestion would mitigate this problem somewhat. If you can direct the intel shared in some way, I would be far more inclined to share with people; after all, in the above example, my partner couldn't share the intel about my attack on China, because he simply wouldn't see it. You can enforce border treaty deals (limited border forces etc) without showing the entire inner workings of your empire, including both your weaknesses and plans on completely different fronts.

So it IS a good plan, but it would probably be pretty hard to implement, so I don't think there's much chance of convincing Bytro to implement it; the majority of their players don't have a problem with the existing feature and share with the next guy at the bus stop anyway.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.