[Event] World at War map settings not as advertised

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Event] World at War map settings not as advertised

The map settings for the Call of War Event this weekend, "Speed Round" seem like they aren't actually as advertised. The peace period and starting when full both aren't actually true. I joined a second game to see if one was just bugged, but it is also not as advertised. Was there some special map that already got full and now the event is over? I planned for the details as it said in the blurb, but now it is different and that is very disappointing. Archiving those maps because The Event details aren't accurate :(

Did I miss something or is there something going on that I don't know about to cause these differences?

Here is the advertised "Speed Round" event as I understood it:

"Dear generals,

the time has come for another speed round event! Cancel all your plans and prepare for some short nights and long fights during the next 14 days. If no player or coalition has achieved a regular victory by that time, the player with the most victory points is declared winner. The end time is displayed in the game information within the newspaper and as a countdown on the right side of the screen.

Settings for this speed round event:

• Player count: 100
      • 4x speed
      • starts when full
      • random country selection
      • players flagged as inactive after 2 real life days
      • 1 real life day of AI & human player peace period
      • fixed runtime of 14 real life days after the game started (if not won earlier)

If you want to participate in this event simply go to the game list: Within the sign-up period new event rounds will be created on demand and shown on top of the list of new games. As soon as the map has started you will receive a notification to your inbox.

We wish you good luck and much fun!

Your Bytro team"
      • Player count: 100
      • 4x speed
      • starts when full
      • random country selection
      • players flagged as inactive after 2 real life days
      • 1 real life day of AI & human player peace period
      • fixed runtime of 14 real life days after the game started (if not won earlier)

It seems like the peace period and starting when full aren't actually true for this event? Not sure what happened but the rounds open now are not accurate on both counts :(