Solo Victory as Luxembourg

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo Victory as Luxembourg

I think that this is perhaps the hardest possible challenge; to win as Luxembourg in All Countries All In (which is currently on).
      After all, you're trapped between two large, powerful countries, land you're landlocked and lack any colonies so even to escape you need to invade Belgium. About the only good thing about Luxembourg to start with seems to be its good number of anti-tank units.
      I have seen somebody do this before, so I know it's possible to win. Does anybody have any advice on the best strategy or techniques?
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

I was actually in a game where Luxembourg was able to single handedly defeat Germany. Although Germany was inactive (and there is no record as to Lux’s potential gold use), it’s still an amazing feat.
      Not if Luxembourg had a deep wallet.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

I was actually in a game where Luxembourg was able to single handedly defeat Germany. Although Germany was inactive (and there is no record as to Lux’s potential gold use), it’s still an amazing feat.
      Not if Luxembourg had a deep wallet.
      Yeah I mean solo and gold-free. Not impossible surely?
      — Marshal Foch

• By far the #1 factor, far outweighing the player's skill (or wallet) is the competency of France and Germany, which is pure luck. At minimum, you need both to go inactive, and probably other nearby countries too. Your best case scenario is that both are barely-active idiots, which is even better than them going AI.

You could play 10 games as Lux, play each one perfectly, and still get wiped out in 9 of them because Germany or France decided to take you out on day 1. Because of this, the ideal strategy is to try diplomacy first, to stay alive for a few days, and ideally get something like ROW with each that you can use to go after other small nations, giving yourself a chance to grow before fighting the hopefully-inactive larger powers.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

because Germany or France decided to take you out on day 1. Because of this, the ideal strategy is to try diplomacy first, to stay alive for a few days, [...] giving yourself a chance to grow before fighting the hopefully-inactive larger powers.
      Yes, that's what I thought too. Thank you very much.
      — Marshal Foch

• Carking the 6th wrote:

This is now my quest… I will do this one day!

I’ll also save up a huge amount of gold over time and then blow all it to dominate as Luxembourg one day maybe lol.
      My quest is to join a HWW as Tibet, turtle and secretly arm and industrialise, then use paratroopers to overrun all of Asia, Africa, and Australia in 24 hours, like in The Secret of the Swordfish.
      — Marshal Foch

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I’ll also save up a huge amount of gold over time and then blow all it to dominate as Luxembourg one day maybe lol.
      My quest is to join a HWW as Tibet, turtle and secretly arm and industrialise, then use paratroopers to overrun all of Asia, Africa, and Australia in 24 hours, like in The Secret of the Swordfish.
      Maybe I Should try to win with Tanna Tuva as my ally as Luxembourg. Add Panama, Danzig, Bhutan and the Gang is made.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Currently doing a similar thing with xingang
      "What Airforce?"