Is he cheating?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• K.Rokossovski wrote:

People want to fantasize about someone giving them their wealth. When they think they do, they will agree. When they find it works the other way, they cry. It is in the greed about accepting this; people offering are just playing on that.
      And actually i had an Enemy give me all his stuff after i basically defeated him, an honorable enemy indeed, which lessens you point about fantasy's, because it happens more than you think.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • What, you wanna accuse me of something? What exactly?

I just know when you tell a bunch of people that there's a pot of gold below the rainbow, they will believe you. And when they get burned for believing it, that's a life lesson. When it is learned here, that is very cheap.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I am not accusing you, i am telling you, not only are you being disrespectful by, essentially, shaming those who fall for it by calling them greedy, you throw in the part about them Crying, if anything, you should see you are the wrong side here, everyone has fallen for something at one point, and shaming someone on it, man, that's sad, everyone makes mistakes.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Kinda like how we should push for a better, and clearer, trading system, such as my previous suggestion, this would eliminate the problem as a whole.

Edit: Idk where it went, maybe it was on another thread, but it was

We Want : You Give

^___________^
      With materials here

And Numbers below it.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fox-Company ().

• DxC wrote:

I mean the victim of a scam allowed themselves to be scammed, but that doesn't justify being a scammer. Most people don't like deceit and it seems like a good thing to make that clear. That's why we have laws and punishments for those who harm others.
      Oh no doubt it should be clearer. And yeah I also agree on the scammer being worse than the scammee (?). But it isn't the big problem people make it out to be. Many people are willing to accept resources from players who are quitting on day #1, and there has never been a complaint thread from them.

And as for scammers, who are going to build a huge amount of heavy tanks with the resources they earned, are we really any better flying across them with an initial bunch of attack bombers blowing them all up to pieces, and taking their land right after? Just because they thought tanks were sexy, and didn't have a clue about the game? Are WE scammers then?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Let's not pretend this game has some enormous, untouchable player base. We need new players, and assholes taking advantage of their naivete and unfamiliarity with the user interface is absolutely a bad thing.

That's not the same as wiping out tanks with attack bombers, which is using the game as intended.
    • That is true, perhaps you could add a we demand(thing), and THEN for (thing), so it’s easy for the new player to determine what they are doing? I used to accidentally get it mixed up since it was hard to understand it. But yeah I agree with the consensus, guy was being a donkey, but technically not breaking the rules.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Let's not pretend this game has some enormous, untouchable player base. We need new players, and assholes taking advantage of their naivete and unfamiliarity with the user interface is absolutely a bad thing.

That's not the same as wiping out tanks with attack bombers, which is using the game as intended.
      Most new players are attracted to the advertisement of the game being a real time multi-player strategy game. Then once they realize the role gold plays, come to the conclusion this is not a "real" strategy game and quit. Can't say I blame them. There is nothing Bytro can do about that.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Gonna agree to disagree on that. No one is golding to stomp noobs who don't know what they're doing. I think toxic behavior and general boredom due to the slow pace of play are much more likely to contribute to new players quitting.
      I wouldn't say no one, but I'll concede the number is probably small. I'm currently in an American Homefront map. I wanted to test how a new unit fits into my strategy. There is a player who, according to the newspaper, attacked a player on their first game with a wing of tac bombers within 4 hours of the map starting.
    • I do it in every game - its a way to create an advantage over other players on the map
      I learned that it is not only new people that accept the trades but up to general ranks.
      I dont try to persuade to accept the trades.

The reason they accept the trades are different from time to time
      Some do it willingly because they where about to leave the game anyways,( or getting wiped by another player and they rather want to give it to someone then their invading enemy ) some do it to help or get a friend ingame.
      Some people think they are getting the resources and typical if they are "actives" they give the game prolonged lifetime ( because they want revenge ) and some people just click accept and leave the game without any msg.

I cant cover every reason but I hope you get the picture it varries alot.

Solutions? Hmmm hard - maybe its a common problem since people are tought to just click
      others have pointed out its hard to see on the mobile app, but ive gotten accepted trades from both pc and mobile users some pointed out they where dyslexic.
    • Erecon wrote:

I do it in every game - its a way to create an advantage over other players on the map
      I learned that it is not only new people that accept the trades but up to general ranks.

Some do it willingly because they where about to leave the game anyways,( or getting wiped by another player and they rather want to give it to someone then their invading enemy ) some do it to help or get a friend ingame.
      Some people think they are getting the resources and typical if they are "actives" they give the game prolonged lifetime ( because they want revenge ) and some people just click accept and leave the game without any msg.

Solutions? Hmmm hard - maybe its a common problem since people are tought to just click
      others have pointed out its hard to see on the mobile app, but ive gotten accepted trades from both pc and mobile users some pointed out they where dyslexic.
      This is just a straight up (ahem) move, you are abusing new players and that is not okay.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

I do it in every game - its a way to create an advantage over other players on the map

This is just a straight up (ahem) move, you are abusing new players and that is not okay.
      I guess you didnt read the part where I wrote "not only new people that accept the trades but up to gereral ranks"
    • Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

I guess you didnt read the part where I wrote "not only new people that accept the trades but up to gereral ranks"
      Still does not justify you scamming noobs.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

I do not try to persuade them dude, and I wouldnt say that captains - general rank is a noob rank ( what I am trying to say is all kind of players accept the trades for different reasons )
    • Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

I do not try to persuade them dude, and I wouldnt say that captains - general rank is a noob rank ( what I am trying to say is all kind of players accept the trades for different reasons )
      It does not matter what you do not do, its what you already have done, scamming players who are new is downright horrible, trying to justify yourself is not possible, no one forgives a person who takes advantage of a new person for a better start at the game, if a higher rank falls for it, that's their problem, but new people...that's just sad, abusing a game mechanic to take advantage of them, its not okay and never will be.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

It does not matter what you do not do, its what you already have done, scamming players who are new is downright horrible, trying to justify yourself is not possible, no one forgives a person who takes advantage of a new person for a better start at the game, if a higher rank falls for it, that's their problem, but new people...that's just sad, abusing a game mechanic to take advantage of them, its not okay and never will be.
      I havent scammed any people dude, and I dont really care about your opinion ( other then just replying to your msg because you paint a wrong picture of me ) Its a "diplomatic" game mechanic in the game.