Is he cheating?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

I do it in every game - its a way to create an advantage over other players on the map
      I learned that it is not only new people that accept the trades but up to general ranks.
      I dont try to persuade to accept the trades.

The reason they accept the trades are different from time to time
      Some do it willingly because they where about to leave the game anyways,( or getting wiped by another player and they rather want to give it to someone then their invading enemy ) some do it to help or get a friend ingame.
      Some people think they are getting the resources and typical if they are "actives" they give the game prolonged lifetime ( because they want revenge ) and some people just click accept and leave the game without any msg.

I cant cover every reason but I hope you get the picture it varries alot.

Solutions? Hmmm hard - maybe its a common problem since people are tought to just click
      others have pointed out its hard to see on the mobile app, but ive gotten accepted trades from both pc and mobile users some pointed out they where dyslexic.
      This is just a straight up (ahem) move, you are abusing new players and that is not okay.
      I guess you didnt read the part where I wrote "not only new people that accept the trades but up to gereral ranks"
      Still does not justify you scamming noobs.
      I do not try to persuade them dude, and I wouldnt say that captains - general rank is a noob rank ( what I am trying to say is all kind of players accept the trades for different reasons )
      It does not matter what you do not do, its what you already have done, scamming players who are new is downright horrible, trying to justify yourself is not possible, no one forgives a person who takes advantage of a new person for a better start at the game, if a higher rank falls for it, that's their problem, but new people...that's just sad, abusing a game mechanic to take advantage of them, its not okay and never will be.
      I havent scammed any people dude, and I dont really care about your opinion ( other then just replying to your msg because you paint a wrong picture of me ) Its a "diplomatic" game mechanic in the game.
      If people are stupid enough to fall for it, that's their problem.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

I do it in every game - its a way to create an advantage over other players on the map
      I learned that it is not only new people that accept the trades but up to general ranks.

Some do it willingly because they where about to leave the game anyways,( or getting wiped by another player and they rather want to give it to someone then their invading enemy ) some do it to help or get a friend ingame.
      Some people think they are getting the resources and typical if they are "actives" they give the game prolonged lifetime ( because they want revenge ) and some people just click accept and leave the game without any msg.

Solutions? Hmmm hard - maybe its a common problem since people are tought to just click
      others have pointed out its hard to see on the mobile app, but ive gotten accepted trades from both pc and mobile users some pointed out they where dyslexic.
      This is just a straight up (ahem) move, you are abusing new players and that is not okay.
      I guess you didnt read the part where I wrote "not only new people that accept the trades but up to gereral ranks"
      I do not try to persuade them dude, and I wouldnt say that captains - general rank is a noob rank ( what I am trying to say is all kind of players accept the trades for different reasons )
      It does not matter what you do not do, its what you already have done, scamming players who are new is downright horrible, trying to justify yourself is not possible, no one forgives a person who takes advantage of a new person for a better start at the game, if a higher rank falls for it, that's their problem, but new people...that's just sad, abusing a game mechanic to take advantage of them, its not okay and never will be.
      I havent scammed any people dude, and I dont really care about your opinion ( other then just replying to your msg because you paint a wrong picture of me ) Its a "diplomatic" game mechanic in the game.
      Hah, you are a funny guy, you scam new people and call it a mechanic, if that is not the worst excuse i have heard all day i do not know what is.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Erecon wrote:

It is something you can do in the game, but it's still a deceitful predatory behavior. The problem is that it hurts the game, by people having to experience it.
    • Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

That still just isn’t a right thing to do. It’s just cheap and kinda wrong to take resources from new players. It puts them off and damages the game and community. It’s better to give them a positive start so they can get used to the game, no?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • This is like sending scam emails with confusing offers that people fall for by accident.

There is no intent on your part to offer a trade. As you admit, there is no intent to communicate, or establish diplomatic relations. How could there be? Once people realize which button they pressed and how much that messed up their game, the only diplomatic relations they want with you is WAR.

Looks like a scam, sounds like a scam, smells like a scam... it's a scam. And if you do this in one of my games, you're going down. Simple as that.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

That still just isn’t a right thing to do. It’s just cheap and kinda wrong to take resources from new players. It puts them off and damages the game and community. It’s better to give them a positive start so they can get used to the game, no?
      I’m assuming the players who do these resource scams don’t really care or pay attention to the rank of the player(s) that they are doing it to. Because they don’t care about good sportsmanship, all they care about is winning.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Hah, you are a funny guy, you scam new people and call it a mechanic, if that is not the worst excuse i have heard all day i do not know what is.
      No I call it what it is
    • Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

No I call it what it is
      You call it what you want it to be, not itself, you cannot handle the truth: You are scamming people. You probably will not stop and never will, so all i can say is i hope you lose every game in which you do this. People like you really do not deserve to win games.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • DxC wrote:

Erecon wrote:

It is something you can do in the game, but it's still a deceitful predatory behavior. The problem is that it hurts the game, by people having to experience it.
      You cant protect people in a competative wargame - it would be a joke then. Call of war has a hard learning curve
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

No I call it what it is
      You call it what you want it to be, not itself, you cannot handle the truth: You are scamming people. You probably will not stop and never will, so all i can say is i hope you lose every game in which you do this. People like you really do not deserve to win games.
      Appearently you are one of those people that just want to bring your msg abroad, "to be right" ( the last one to reply so you feel like its a win ) I wont reply to you any futher, you dont win with your view.
    • Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

No I call it what it is
      Appearently you are one of those people that just want to bring your msg abroad, "to be right" ( the last one to reply so you feel like its a win ) I wont reply to you any futher, you dont win with your view.
      Maybe you don't believe me view, but literally everyone else in this Thread agrees with me.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

This is like sending scam emails with confusing offers that people fall for by accident.

There is no intent on your part to offer a trade. As you admit, there is no intent to communicate, or establish diplomatic relations. How could there be? Once people realize which button they pressed and how much that messed up their game, the only diplomatic relations they want with you is WAR.

Looks like a scam, sounds like a scam, smells like a scam... it's a scam. And if you do this in one of my games, you're going down. Simple as that.
      Would you rather want to run over a noob with tons of gold as you usally do?
    • Erecon wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

This is like sending scam emails with confusing offers that people fall for by accident.

Would you rather want to run over a noob with tons of gold as you usally do?
      I do not like you insulting an actual good player, unlike the lying scammer you are.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Look I’ve played games with Fox, not once have I seen them even use gold. Don’t throw ad-hominems without some evidence. Remember, experienced players and new ones both agree that this is a pretty rude move, wouldn’t it be better to make this games learning curve easier? There is a reason half the players in maps go inactive, and this adds to it. It’s not too big of a deal to try to take in and teach newbies. I know that when I was new, I appreciated those experienced players who allied with me and taught me facts and tactics, and was really put of by toxic players who screwed me over. Please learn that and actually pass your skills on, and help newbies. It creates a larger, healthier and stronger player base.

Edit:Realized that you were talking to another player. Still isn’t right to call them a gold spammer with no proof. That’s just toxic and hurts the game, trust me, I’d know.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Look I’ve played games with Fox, not once have I seen them even use gold. Don’t throw ad-hominems without some evidence. Remember, experienced players and new ones both agree that this is a pretty rude move, wouldn’t it be better to make this games learning curve easier? There is a reason half the players in maps go inactive, and this adds to it. It’s not too big of a deal to try to take in and teach newbies. I know that when I was new, I appreciated those experienced players who allied with me and taught me facts and tactics, and was really put of by toxic players who screwed me over. Please learn that and actually pass your skills on, and help newbies. It creates a larger, healthier and stronger player base.

Edit:Realized that you were talking to another player. Still isn’t right to call them a gold spammer with no proof. That’s just toxic and hurts the game, trust me, I’d know.
      Yes it wasnt him - I actually like Fox because he does alot for the community - ( maybe a little less now since I found out he only lives on emotions and plays the "Emperor of china" here on the forum ) I played against that player a couple of times, he has 2 gears 1 : no gold when all goes to plan 2 : use gold when he meets resistance. People dont go inactive because of the trades ( perhaps a couple ) The mean reason is : To win maps you have to be active playing and not many can wait for the next thing to happen or got time to see it through. ( teenagers problem and stay focussed on one game ) Ive been playing this game since 2015 ( on/off with long pauses) Believe me more people leave because of meeting a big gold spammer, ( since they realize its p2w game ) then someone that trades with them.
    • Erecon wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Look I’ve played games with Fox, not once have I seen them even use gold. Don’t throw ad-hominems without some evidence. Remember, experienced players and new ones both agree that this is a pretty rude move, wouldn’t it be better to make this games learning curve easier? There is a reason half the players in maps go inactive, and this adds to it. It’s not too big of a deal to try to take in and teach newbies. I know that when I was new, I appreciated those experienced players who allied with me and taught me facts and tactics, and was really put of by toxic players who screwed me over. Please learn that and actually pass your skills on, and help newbies. It creates a larger, healthier and stronger player base.

Yes it wasnt him - I actually like Fox because he does alot for the community - ( maybe a little less now since I found out he only lives on emotions and plays the "Emperor of china" here on the forum ) I played against that player a couple of times, he has 2 gears 1 : no gold when all goes to plan 2 : use gold when he meets resistance. People dont go inactive because of the trades ( perhaps a couple ) The mean reason is : To win maps you have to be active playing and not many can wait for the next thing to happen or got time to see it through. ( teenagers problem and stay focussed on one game ) Ive been playing this game since 2015 ( on/off with long pauses) Believe me more people leave because of meeting a big gold spammer, ( since they realize its p2w game ) then someone that trades with them.
      One. Insulting me passive aggressively will get you nowhere, Two. Are you talking about me using gold? i only use it on accident, i once used like 14k gold on accident because i forgot to turn on gold confirmation. But you even admit it yourself, you could be why people leave, if you seem persistant to dig yourself a hole, you are not only exceeding at it, you are excelling, and yes, i do quite a bit for the people here(Sometimes i am not the nicest, i will admit), not only here, but in the help chat, and my newest recommendation for a new player will be to NEVER accept random trades, only trade if you know them or they are your ally, i won't tell you wrong anymore because it seems to fly over your head that you are doing wrong, so keep doing what you are doing, kinda hope you lose every match you do it in.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Erecon wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I don’t have evidence of this second gear you are speaking about, even when we were attacked by larger more powerful nations, we persevered and outsmarted them. Even if less players leave to scams then gold spam it does not make it right, every person counts. It’s not justified to screw people over no matter how little.

• Erecon wrote:

someone that trades with them
      Now you're just lying. The issue is not trading with people. No one here is criticizing you for making legitimate trades. It's even possible to convince someone to trade you all their resources when they quit the game, so it's not like we're criticizing that exact circumstance.

We're criticizing your tactic of firing off bullshit trade offers to multiple players on the map, hoping that one of them will be new enough or naive enough to accept your scam offer. There's no diplomacy in that, it's pure angleshooting.

Stop pretending like you're just some innocent player out here trading with others for their own good. You, specifically, are making the game experience worse for the players around you, and I'm hopeful that Bytro changes the interface to make this scam less successful so that people like you quit spamming out offers in every game that starts up.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

One. Insulting me passive aggressively will get you nowhere, Two. Are you talking about me using gold? i only use it on accident, i once used like 14k gold on accident because i forgot to turn on gold confirmation. But you even admit it yourself, you could be why people leave, if you seem persistant to dig yourself a hole, you are not only exceeding at it, you are excelling, and yes, i do quite a bit for the people here(Sometimes i am not the nicest, i will admit), not only here, but in the help chat, and my newest recommendation for a new player will be to NEVER accept random trades, only trade if you know them or they are your ally, i won't tell you wrong anymore because it seems to fly over your head that you are doing wrong, so keep doing what you are doing, kinda hope you lose every match you do it in.

Carking the 6th wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I don’t have evidence of this second gear you are speaking about, even when we were attacked by larger more powerful nations, we persevered and outsmarted them. Even if less players leave to scams then gold spam it does not make it right, every person counts. It’s not justified to screw people over no matter how little.
      Okay if you want evidence you could ask his alliance - the reason I wrote maybe a couple is because I have no clue/data on it. ( could even be zero people ) Over time every game loses players.