Is he cheating?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The rest of us can agree all day long, it's not going to change this guy.

Some people just go through life like that. Taking advantage of every loophole. Trying every possible trick and scam to get ahead. Making people miserable and not giving the tiniest of craplets. Until Bytro puts a stop to this, he will keep taking advantage of this "game mechanic".

The only thing we can do is make a point of destroying him on every map we find him on. Eventually, he will get tired of losing. But he'll never understand why we're giving him a hard time. Such is the life of a sociopath.
    • Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Look I’ve played games with Fox, not once have I seen them even use gold. Don’t throw ad-hominems without some evidence. Remember, experienced players and new ones both agree that this is a pretty rude move, wouldn’t it be better to make this games learning curve easier? There is a reason half the players in maps go inactive, and this adds to it. It’s not too big of a deal to try to take in and teach newbies. I know that when I was new, I appreciated those experienced players who allied with me and taught me facts and tactics, and was really put of by toxic players who screwed me over. Please learn that and actually pass your skills on, and help newbies. It creates a larger, healthier and stronger player base.

Edit:Realized that you were talking to another player. Still isn’t right to call them a gold spammer with no proof. That’s just toxic and hurts the game, trust me, I’d know.
      Yes it wasnt him - I actually like Fox because he does alot for the community - ( maybe a little less now since I found out he only lives on emotions and plays the "Emperor of china" here on the forum ) I played against that player a couple of times, he has 2 gears 1 : no gold when all goes to plan 2 : use gold when he meets resistance. People dont go inactive because of the trades ( perhaps a couple ) The mean reason is : To win maps you have to be active playing and not many can wait for the next thing to happen or got time to see it through. ( teenagers problem and stay focussed on one game ) Ive been playing this game since 2015 ( on/off with long pauses) Believe me more people leave because of meeting a big gold spammer, ( since they realize its p2w game ) then someone that trades with them.
      One. Insulting me passive aggressively will get you nowhere, Two. Are you talking about me using gold? i only use it on accident, i once used like 14k gold on accident because i forgot to turn on gold confirmation. But you even admit it yourself, you could be why people leave, if you seem persistant to dig yourself a hole, you are not only exceeding at it, you are excelling, and yes, i do quite a bit for the people here(Sometimes i am not the nicest, i will admit), not only here, but in the help chat, and my newest recommendation for a new player will be to NEVER accept random trades, only trade if you know them or they are your ally, i won't tell you wrong anymore because it seems to fly over your head that you are doing wrong, so keep doing what you are doing, kinda hope you lose every match you do it in.

Carking the 6th wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Look I’ve played games with Fox, not once have I seen them even use gold. Don’t throw ad-hominems without some evidence. Remember, experienced players and new ones both agree that this is a pretty rude move, wouldn’t it be better to make this games learning curve easier? There is a reason half the players in maps go inactive, and this adds to it. It’s not too big of a deal to try to take in and teach newbies. I know that when I was new, I appreciated those experienced players who allied with me and taught me facts and tactics, and was really put of by toxic players who screwed me over. Please learn that and actually pass your skills on, and help newbies. It creates a larger, healthier and stronger player base.

Edit:Realized that you were talking to another player. Still isn’t right to call them a gold spammer with no proof. That’s just toxic and hurts the game, trust me, I’d know.
      Yes it wasnt him - I actually like Fox because he does alot for the community - ( maybe a little less now since I found out he only lives on emotions and plays the "Emperor of china" here on the forum ) I played against that player a couple of times, he has 2 gears 1 : no gold when all goes to plan 2 : use gold when he meets resistance. People dont go inactive because of the trades ( perhaps a couple ) The mean reason is : To win maps you have to be active playing and not many can wait for the next thing to happen or got time to see it through. ( teenagers problem and stay focussed on one game ) Ive been playing this game since 2015 ( on/off with long pauses) Believe me more people leave because of meeting a big gold spammer, ( since they realize its p2w game ) then someone that trades with them.
      I don’t have evidence of this second gear you are speaking about, even when we were attacked by larger more powerful nations, we persevered and outsmarted them. Even if less players leave to scams then gold spam it does not make it right, every person counts. It’s not justified to screw people over no matter how little.
      Okay if you want evidence you could ask his alliance - the reason I wrote maybe a couple is because I have no clue/data on it. ( could even be zero people ) Over time every game loses players.
      Are you saying to ask people in my Alliance about my gold habits?

Because if so, you got a little damage in the head, Car is in my Alliance, so is everyone i always play with, go ahead and ask them, the will all say the same thing, even in a losing circumstance i never use gold.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • And there are many others like him doing this on a regular basis. The past few 50+ player maps I've played, I've probably gotten an average of 2 of these scam offers per game, half the time accompanied by some clear lie like "I'm leaving you can have my resources."

It's obnoxious and annoying.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Erecon wrote:

someone that trades with them
      Now you're just lying. The issue is not trading with people. No one here is criticizing you for making legitimate trades. It's even possible to convince someone to trade you all their resources when they quit the game, so it's not like we're criticizing that exact circumstance.
      We're criticizing your tactic of firing off bullshit trade offers to multiple players on the map, hoping that one of them will be new enough or naive enough to accept your scam offer. There's no diplomacy in that, it's pure angleshooting.

Stop pretending like you're just some innocent player out here trading with others for their own good. You, specifically, are making the game experience worse for the players around you, and I'm hopeful that Bytro changes the interface to make this scam less successful so that people like you quit spamming out offers in every game that starts up.
      Am I? Sure you can critizise me all you want, I got thick skin against people like that. Its a game mechanic that is allowed, I/we have asked the moderators time and time again about it, the game producers allow it. So blame the designers instead of the players using the trade system. Edit: Fox its not you, but the guy you defended as a "good player"
    • I got a solution for this, we take it to Bytro, we are a strong group of people, and the people who fall victim and those who have gotten the offers before will support us, but if this is what Bytro wants....they don't want their game i guess.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

I'm sure they're aware of this tactic and I'm pretty confident they'll change the interface to reduce instances of scamming like this. It may not be anytime soon, though, because I doubt it's high up on their priority list.

In the meantime we'll just have to put up with frequent scammers.
      You overestimate their priorities.
      It will be atleast 3000 years before they fix the Diplomacy unclearency

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

It may not be anytime soon, though, because I doubt it's high up on their priority list.

Fox-Company wrote:

You overestimate their priorities.It will be atleast 3000 years before they fix the Diplomacy unclearency
      Do I?

Regardless, that's why I was hopeful that pointing out "hey this is shitty and scammy and you're an asshole if you do it" would have some effect, but clearly not.
    • I have a couple of points to make

1. Stop insults
      Erecon, I played once on a map in which Fox was playing, and I saw no signs of gold use

2. Spamming scams is crap
      If you are willing to spend half an hour on a WaW map sending everyone trades, you shouldn't play

3. I help noobs who are willing to learn, like all good players

4. Some noobs are downright cursebags

I was in a CoN game as Germany. I invaded poland on Day 3. He began to spit rubbish in the newspaper saying he would annihilate me, that he was a previous general, blah blah blah. 5 hours later

Poland - 50000
      Germany - 7000

In a WaW game i am currently playing, East Brazil is cursing us for being stupid. He doesn't know what's coming

5. Asking losing allies for resources is good

6. If you are gonna scam, at least don't lie and say you are leaving the game.
      That way it is all their fault if they accept
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • TheZhukov wrote:

I have a couple of points to make

1. Stop insults
      Erecon, I played once on a map in which Fox was playing, and I saw no signs of gold use

2. Spamming scams is crap
      If you are willing to spend half an hour on a WaW map sending everyone trades, you shouldn't play

3. I help noobs who are willing to learn, like all good players

4. Some noobs are downright cursebags

I was in a CoN game as Germany. I invaded poland on Day 3. He began to spit rubbish in the newspaper saying he would annihilate me, that he was a previous general, blah blah blah. 5 hours later

Poland - 50000
      Germany - 7000

In a WaW game i am currently playing, East Brazil is cursing us for being stupid. He doesn't know what's coming

5. Asking losing allies for resources is good

6. If you are gonna scam, at least don't lie and say you are leaving the game.
      That way it is all their fault if they accept
      1) Its not Fox ( but the guy he defended )
      2) Up to me how much time I use on the game right? ( and it takes like 2 hours if its a standard 100p map if you hit a map that fills up fast )
      3) Me too
      4) True
      5) I never ask allies for resources, but if they offer it before they leave the game sure
      6) I do not try to persuade any people to accept my trades ( I know others do )
    • z00mz00m wrote:

But he'll never understand why we're giving him a hard time. Such is the life of a sociopath.
      Yuo think so? We should actually be sorry for this guy?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Yeah, I think this is a pretty vile strategy as well.

It relies on treachery. It's probably worse than gold usage. Think about it. The player scammed likely just quits, adding to the day four inactives, making the map boring, plus it gives a huge unfair advantage (which is clearly what they are looking for).

If players are this desperate for an unfair advantage, they should use gold, like plenty of other players do. In essence, this is depriving Bytro of revenue from these players who cheat others out of resources instead of paying gold for it. It's in Bytro's interest to fix this to make it clearer in the relations. At least gold use is one sided, only benefiting the player who uses it. This harms one player and benefits another. If account pushing is against the rules, this should be as well. It's essentially account pushing, just unwittingly on the part of the player getting scammed. If Bytro places limits on when provinces can be traded and how many, perhaps they should put limits on day one resource trades.

While I'll admit, occasionally players give resources to others, it's certainly the exception, not the norm. Of course within alliances and coalitions, sure some players will give away resources, but that's usually because one of their partners needs something worse than they do, and those partners typically reciprocate at some point. Anyone who feels it's normal for other players to give them all their resources is delusional and probably an entitled narcissist. Yes, I've seen exceptions, I often give advice to new players on how to improve their game after my invasion of them has reached a tipping point. Occasionally some give me resources, but it's rare and I never ask.
    • I just joined a Pacific map...and this legit just happened, he said he was selling oil in Newpaper, i said asked if i could have some then sent the prompt "Here, a discount just for you my friend" with the trade 1,734 Money for 5k oil. Then everyone got angry at him cause apparently he got like 3 people with it with the same prompt, i did not fall for it of course, and this player is now dead, everyone around him invaded him. So it seems this is starting to be countered in some maps, the lost oil was returned to players as well, So this shows how little people are tolerating it now.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Erecon wrote:

I do it in every game - its a way to create an advantage over other players on the map
      I learned that it is not only new people that accept the trades but up to general ranks.
      I dont try to persuade to accept the trades.

The reason they accept the trades are different from time to time
      Some do it willingly because they where about to leave the game anyways,( or getting wiped by another player and they rather want to give it to someone then their invading enemy ) some do it to help or get a friend ingame.
      Some people think they are getting the resources and typical if they are "actives" they give the game prolonged lifetime ( because they want revenge ) and some people just click accept and leave the game without any msg.

I cant cover every reason but I hope you get the picture it varries alot.

Solutions? Hmmm hard - maybe its a common problem since people are tought to just click
      others have pointed out its hard to see on the mobile app, but ive gotten accepted trades from both pc and mobile users some pointed out they where dyslexic.
      This is just a straight up (ahem) move, you are abusing new players and that is not okay.
      I guess you didnt read the part where I wrote "not only new people that accept the trades but up to gereral ranks"
      Still does not justify you scamming noobs.
      I do not try to persuade them dude, and I wouldnt say that captains - general rank is a noob rank ( what I am trying to say is all kind of players accept the trades for different reasons )
      It does not matter what you do not do, its what you already have done, scamming players who are new is downright horrible, trying to justify yourself is not possible, no one forgives a person who takes advantage of a new person for a better start at the game, if a higher rank falls for it, that's their problem, but new people...that's just sad, abusing a game mechanic to take advantage of them, its not okay and never will be.
      I havent scammed any people dude, and I dont really care about your opinion ( other then just replying to your msg because you paint a wrong picture of me ) Its a "diplomatic" game mechanic in the game.
      Hah, you are a funny guy, you scam new people and call it a mechanic, if that is not the worst excuse i have heard all day i do not know what is.
      No I call it what it is
      You call it what you want it to be, not itself, you cannot handle the truth: You are scamming people. You probably will not stop and never will, so all i can say is i hope you lose every game in which you do this. People like you really do not deserve to win games.
      Appearently you are one of those people that just want to bring your msg abroad, "to be right" ( the last one to reply so you feel like its a win ) I wont reply to you any futher, you dont win with your view.
      Maybe you don't believe me view, but literally everyone else in this Thread agrees with me.
      These walls of text are so annoying!
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito