Attacking on Day 1?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am a fan of the slower, building up method; take an AI cap (better if it is a rss that you lack) for morale boost (two is nice, but not necessary), attack on day 2 w/ artillery + AC/inf stacks (and LTs depending on doctrine) one of the two neighbours that are almost always fighting one another.

It's very easy to defend from day 1 attacks, since you can see the troop movements of players combining troops for big stacks, and prepare accordingly. This is ofc assuming they are smarter than 95% of the players who just throw lone inf at you, which just shows they're easy pickings ^^
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

As an example, as a certain allied country in WAW I almost always attack it’s Axis neighbor on day one, I’ve always managed to completely conquer it (or at least be in a position to easily win) by the end of the first day. I like day 1 attacks. The faster you get morale and resources up the faster you grow, and you can also scare your enemies by moving fast.
      But with what do you attack day 1 as allies? Do you just stack your starting units and attack with them? tacs and RA seem best options, but you only have reasonable amounts of them at the end of day 2. Arty is possible but as there is no heavy armor in the start of the game, it is not that great and costs a lot of goods.
    • Allied doctrine. Just stack your starting units and attack them. Since they are split into tiny stacks, they die rather easily… a good player should be able to repel such an attack, but… most aren’t.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• General2.0 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

As an example, as a certain allied country in WAW I almost always attack it’s Axis neighbor on day one, I’ve always managed to completely conquer it (or at least be in a position to easily win) by the end of the first day. I like day 1 attacks. The faster you get morale and resources up the faster you grow, and you can also scare your enemies by moving fast.
      But with what do you attack day 1 as allies? Do you just stack your starting units and attack with them? tacs and RA seem best options, but you only have reasonable amounts of them at the end of day 2. Arty is possible but as there is no heavy armor in the start of the game, it is not that great and costs a lot of goods.
      ACs aren’t bad with allies. They take almost no time to research and specialize in unarmored. Build some and group them together focusing them on plains, when possible, or really anything that isn’t a city. Starting infantry defending cities are still strong.
    • I used a new strategy last time that worked quite effectively. Basically, I produced more infantry and armoured cars with tacs, then stacked them along the border and declared war. It was funny to see the other person using their infantry’s attacking potential against my stack’s defending potential. Within a day all his troops were gone and my armoured cars had cleaned up the provinces.
      Looking for improvement.
      :tumbleweed:
    • You have to be lucky to meet opponents like that; they are actually easier defeat than complete inactives. When they start marching their infantry at you, especially unstacked, you can count one easy victory and a good load of loot.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.