Increase the Aliance member limit to something huge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Increase the Aliance member limit to something huge

Why not have a huge limit on the number of players that want to join in an alliance? Not the ones in game, but the main game alliance. There is no way to do a 50-50 official ELO Alliance match, and even if you had 50 members, usually only 5-10 percent of members can commit to an official match at any one time, so 500-member limit seems reasonable. Also, I like to play in spurts and don't want to be dumped from my alliance so they can fill with current active members. Its healthy to take some breaks. Also, better to train in new players. Creating additional alliances and having one member lead them is how it's done now, but it is a pain, like a slide puzzle to get members on the same alliance for a match. Honestly, a 4 vs 4 alliance match is pretty stressful, and I have not done it in a while, but a 20 vs 20 would be pretty awesome and hopefully not require 24-7 play, or at least not as critical. I only play still because of the great friends and players I have met, so expanding this is a way to grow the game. Getting new players into the right active and knowledgeable alliance is a way to grow the game. Discord has been helpful; this is just the next evolution and improvement that's needed. The majority of my friends get high command, not only because it's easier, but out of obligation to the team in group joins, intra alliance matches, and hopefully more AVA official matches. So many times, we have gotten approached and try for a 7 vs 7, only to have things come up on one side or the other and there are not enough backups to fill and in and the game is cancelled. Give us some more breath for developing new players and having a bench large enough to fill AVA games at any one time. Sorry for the ramble, just needed to get my reasons out there. Thanks
    • You do know why this is not possible, right? if not, here.

1. The chats would break your game, too many people talking.

2. If people are inactive, kick them, find more active people.

3. All hell would break loose, probably a load of in-fighting.

5. teach quality, not quantity, you would not only be making the game un-fun by not having 1 on 1 learning, you may pick favorites or just straight reject some people.

4. Just, no.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • That is crazy

My alliance has 17 members

only 7 of us are the elite band

The hardcore

The diehards

the rest just kick back and relax

Your suggestion would just promote this
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • TheZhukov wrote:

That is crazy

My alliance has 17 members

only 7 of us are the elite band

The hardcore

The diehards

the rest just kick back and relax

Your suggestion would just promote this
      I agree with all of the above.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Leaving aside the debate you are both having, why not multiple-alliance games on 100p challenges? Multiple-coalition games are quite possible, and my even allow more interesting gameplay even due to creating Enemy Mines

Of course this is redundant on smaller maps, and especially on Blitzkrieg or Historic World War maps you may want to re-enact the actual war or an approximation, so it would not be implemented. Just a suggestion.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Leaving aside the debate you are both having, why not multiple-alliance games on 100p challenges? Multiple-coalition games are quite possible, and my even allow more interesting gameplay even due to creating Enemy Mines

Of course this is redundant on smaller maps, and especially on Blitzkrieg or Historic World War maps you may want to re-enact the actual war or an approximation, so it would not be implemented. Just a suggestion.
      And that is a decent suggestion.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.