Marines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A bit like commandoes, but the shorter time wouldn't help much as they would be unarmored

A couple of tanks would savage them

It might be good for leap frogging though through the pacific
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • I’m a former Marine myself and don’t pretend to be unbiased. I would love to see that too. Yes I agree, give them shorter disembark times. I would otherwise give them stats that’s a hybrid of paratroopers and commandos. They should be offensive focus towards unarmored units. Probably best to have terrain bonuses for hills, woods, and cities and have allies with doctrine bonuses.

I don’t see them as comparable to commandos. Commandos have stealth, and I just can’t envision Marines as a stealth unit.
    • Agreed 6thDragon

but they should be good at offense and defense, focused against unarmored units

I owuld like to see it tweaked a bit more to avoid it being OP though

btw BMfox made a short about that
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • rdy2rocknroll wrote:

I'v seen a few suggestions for new troop types and would like to put this out there for discussion, Marines the main attribute they would have is a shorter offboard time and more defensive and offensive strengths when landing on an enemy shore. What do you think?
      I think the main disadvantage is that is may not fit in with Call of War, it is used in Conflict of Nations but that means nothing
      I have specific types and combinations of units I prefer for initial shore assaults. I use those as "Marines". But a specific unit would need scrutiny:
      How would it be harmonious with other units? There is a reason that Call of War seldom adds units (in fact I believe 1.0 had more than we currently do)

This has been discussed before as well, so I think that perhaps Bytro is unwilling to do this.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Yea when I think about it I would make them just like paratroopers but they would have an immediate departure on landing with no disembarkment phase but have a cooling off period before they can move inland, they could add that attribute to the existing paratroopers or just allow them to be on carriers.