Morale makes no sense

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale makes no sense

While there are some things I like about this game, there's a lot that still feels messed up about it. One thing that bothers me quite a bit is that there appear to be a number of changes from S1914 that are not for the better.

One of these is the treatment of morale. While I never quite figured out the difference between morale and hitpoints in S1914 (hitpoints are not displayed), morale worked pretty sensibly in that the longer a battle went on, and the more units were lost on one side, that side would suffer a decrease in morale while the units on the other side would have a morale increase for killing units. But in Call of War, when you kill a unit in a stack, the morale of the rest of the group goes up. Where is the logic in that? It seems pretty absurd to me.

Another change I don't much like is that units no longer seem to lose morale from sitting in low morale provinces. In fact, I really have no idea how morale works in this game, it seems to be nothing more than another name for hitpoints so why not just call it hitpoints instead of having two different names for the same attribute?
    • Joe Bentleigh wrote:

While there are some things I like about this game, there's a lot that still feels messed up about it. One thing that bothers me quite a bit is that there appear to be a number of changes from S1914 that are not for the better.

One of these is the treatment of morale. While I never quite figured out the difference between morale and hitpoints in S1914 (hitpoints are not displayed), morale worked pretty sensibly in that the longer a battle went on, and the more units were lost on one side, that side would suffer a decrease in morale while the units on the other side would have a morale increase for killing units. But in Call of War, when you kill a unit in a stack, the morale of the rest of the group goes up. Where is the logic in that? It seems pretty absurd to me.

Another change I don't much like is that units no longer seem to lose morale from sitting in low morale provinces. In fact, I really have no idea how morale works in this game, it seems to be nothing more than another name for hitpoints so why not just call it hitpoints instead of having two different names for the same attribute?
      Consider it as one unit in terms of soldiers fighting. when the average morale drops below a certain amount one of the units disband and spread their troops among the other units to regain combat efficacy.
      In terms of 'morale' it's different to the mechanic of the same name in supremacy, since it functions more like the the condition for armoured units.

The hitpoints mechanic is different to morale, since it alters due to terrain type as well as morale and is what determines determines how much more damage a unit can take
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War