Ranged attacks misfiring

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ranged attacks misfiring

So it happened to me a couple of times already, last time 2min ago :). Ranged troops (artillery, ships) were commanded to attack stationary enemy unit and on attack they didn't deal damage and their attack timer was set. On recommanding attack it says sth like 5 seconds to target, yet the artillery/ships stand still. I have to move them manually forward and then command attack for it to work.
      It's really annoying to see after an hour that your troops were shooting the air for all the time.
    • Sewur wrote:

So it happened to me a couple of times already, last time 2min ago :). Ranged troops (artillery, ships) were commanded to attack stationary enemy unit and on attack they didn't deal damage and their attack timer was set. On recommanding attack it says sth like 5 seconds to target, yet the artillery/ships stand still. I have to move them manually forward and then command attack for it to work.
      It's really annoying to see after an hour that your troops were shooting the air for all the time.
      This rarely happens, and should not be game threatening, i have had this happen before, it is annoying, yes, but not really that bad, and it isn't something we can just 'fix'
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • its happening more often - ranged units that dont attack even when the enemy has clearly advanced within range
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • dw98 wrote:

its happening more often - ranged units that dont attack even when the enemy has clearly advanced within range
      How tf do you have negative points, lol
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

This rarely happens, and should not be game threatening, i have had this happen before, it is annoying, yes, but not really that bad, and it isn't something we can just 'fix'
      It changes game quite a bit. My inactive ally with whom i share map was under bombardment whole night and i wake up and see that his stack is still with same HP as day before. In span of couple days it has happened to me about 5 times. If that was once a game i wouldn't write about it.

Thanks to i guess the same bug his battleships dont return fire. So yeah he doesnt deal damage but he doesn't receive either.

That seems like quite a change in mechanics. Sometimes you deal damage sometimes not. I feel like this game is so buggy lately it's flattering.

I hope devs can actually 'just fix' it.
    • Sewur wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

It changes game quite a bit. My inactive ally with whom i share map was under bombardment whole night and i wake up and see that his stack is still with same HP as day before. In span of couple days it has happened to me about 5 times. If that was once a game i wouldn't write about it.
      Thanks to i guess the same bug his battleships dont return fire. So yeah he doesnt deal damage but he doesn't receive either.

That seems like quite a change in mechanics. Sometimes you deal damage sometimes not. I feel like this game is so buggy lately it's flattering.

I hope devs can actually 'just fix' it.
      I cannot share your sentiment, but i hope it gets better for you.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.