suggestion: choosing your doctrine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• suggestion: choosing your doctrine

as the title says my suggestion is the abillity to choose your doctrine yourself, obviously excluding this option from the historic gamemodes because its you know, historic, if you have a playstyle you heavily prefer it would be nice that you can assign a doctrine to go along with you playstyle with whatever doctrine goes with it to whatever country you want (again excluding historical gamemodes for obvious reasons) because it can suck when your preferred tactic is lightning blitz attacks so your enemy doesnt have as much time to react and then you're forced to play allied doctrine or something which are you know, slower ruining the effectiveness of what you're trying to do or visa versa preferring overwhelming brute force requiring axis doctrine and then being forced to use weaker pan asian units

in short: i think with the exception of the historic gamemodes while choosing your country it would be interesting if you could choose what doctrine you want to go along with it
    • This would defeat the purpose of the game, everyone would choose Axis and the game would not really be fun anymore, because the game would become super un-balanced.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

This would defeat the purpose of the game, everyone would choose Axis and the game would not really be fun anymore, because the game would become super un-balanced.
      i actually dislike the axis doctrine the most tho, in a game where fighting on multiple fronts especially early on is already pretty much impossible as you just dont have enoguh troops to defend your entire border AND keep reserves to stop them from just base racing you, especially in a war on several fronts, so having my early game units being more expensive and taking longer to build doesnt do it for me
    • DecendedDemon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

This would defeat the purpose of the game, everyone would choose Axis and the game would not really be fun anymore, because the game would become super un-balanced.Axis is best
      i actually dislike the axis doctrine the most tho, in a game where fighting on multiple fronts especially early on is already pretty much impossible as you just dont have enoguh troops to defend your entire border AND keep reserves to stop them from just base racing you, especially in a war on several fronts, so having my early game units being more expensive and taking longer to build doesnt do it for me
      Axis is best mid/late game doctrine, More health and damage is a big deal, plus, Bytro will, and i say will,*NEVER* allow you to choose your doctrine, you can ask anyone, they will say the same thing, plus, the majority of people actually don't want this as a feature, cause, as i said, the whole game would become unbalanced.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Imo it's the opposite. Axis is the best early game doctrine, especially when neighboring non-Axis countries that they can run over easily.

In mid-late game, Allies (research levels) and Comintern (economics) can catch up. Pan Asian is great always.

Axis would probably be the most popular choice (and is probably the best choice for new players or less-active players).

I understand why they wouldn't vary doctrines on historic maps, but it'd be an interesting addition to something like the America map, where 95% of playable states are Allies. It could use some variety.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Imo it's the opposite. Axis is the best early game doctrine, especially when neighboring non-Axis countries that they can run over easily.

In mid-late game, Allies (research levels) and Comintern (economics) can catch up. Pan Asian is great always.

Axis would probably be the most popular choice (and is probably the best choice for new players or less-active players).

I understand why they wouldn't vary doctrines on historic maps, but it'd be an interesting addition to something like the America map, where 95% of playable states are Allies. It could use some variety.
      Well, with Axis i have had more luck late game and i usually see more Axis left,and no, Axis is not really that good early, if 2 or more countries declare war, you are screwed. Plus, you guys ignore that fact that the game needs to be BALANCED!!

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • How would many players choosing Axis result in an unbalanced game? Is it just because of having many players of the same doctrine, in which case is the America map unbalanced because most players are Allies? Or are you saying that Axis is a better doctrine than the others and therefore would disadvantage non-Axis choosers?
    • If 5 friends joined a game and all chose Axis, everyone else who does not choose Axis and coalition is fricked, so it pretty much forces other players to choose Axis or be screwed.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • You can keep arguing this point, i find no merit in it and think it is a waste of human resources to work on it, better to fix more bugs than add something that can make more than we already have.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

So now your position is no suggestions at all until the game is entirely bug free? That's an interesting take, I guess.
      That is not what i said. but this is a feature that will not greatly improve the game or fix anything else. If this was something that the majority wanted, sure, go ahead and make maps with chooseable doctrines, but a bug like the one i just described is still around and it is absolutely game destroying.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

That's whole point of the game. Doctrines are balanced so there everyone has same chances. And they have their own advantages and disadvantages.

America is allied nation. In rotation there is game mode with Allies, Axis and Pan asian doctrines . It's currently on
      Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'... Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China.' - Bernard L. Montgomery
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Right, Dawn of the Patriot is a mix of the three as an alternate history scenario. Pacific Conquest also has non-Allies doctrines in the US, iirc. So no big deal to allow a scenario like regular America Homefront to choose your own adventure.
      Might as well make an Asian-only map and have them all be Comintern

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I completely agree with this, it is quite boring that you can only play Pan-Asian in, erm, Asia. It would add a lot of variety on the same-old maps we always play because no new maps have been introduced for ages.

The argument that everyone would pick Axis is just ridiculous, it isn't any stronger than the others and for me personally, I like it least. If you have success with it, good for you, but don't talk like that's a golden rule or something like that.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.