suggestion: choosing your doctrine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• K.Rokossovski wrote:

I completely agree with this, it is quite boring that you can only play Pan-Asian in, erm, Asia. It would add a lot of variety on the same-old maps we always play because no new maps have been introduced for ages.

The argument that everyone would pick Axis is just ridiculous, it isn't any stronger than the others and for me personally, I like it least. If you have success with it, good for you, but don't talk like that's a golden rule or something like that.
      I often have the most trouble fighting Axis players, even lost one or twice against them, which almost never happens at all, but possibly i am over-exaggerating, if given the choice of any Doctrine, i would always choose Allied.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I completely agree with this, it is quite boring that you can only play Pan-Asian in, erm, Asia. It would add a lot of variety on the same-old maps we always play because no new maps have been introduced for ages.

The argument that everyone would pick Axis is just ridiculous, it isn't any stronger than the others and for me personally, I like it least. If you have success with it, good for you, but don't talk like that's a golden rule or something like that.
      I second this. On maps such as Homefront, there are no pan-asian doctrine options.

On a personal note, IMO, not sure what this "Axis being the best" is all about... I think Pan Asian is by far the strongest doctrine, because it's unbeatable 1 on 1 if you use it right

But as Rokossovski says, only being able to use Pan Asian in Asia... gets kinda boring.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

This would defeat the purpose of the game, everyone would choose Axis and the game would not really be fun anymore, because the game would become super un-balanced.
      In most world at war games from as far as I see, no axis doctrine has ever won the game. Mostly it’s commiterns or pan asian conquering all of Asia, or allies defeating the americas
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

maybe add a pan Asian country in Caucasus or northern Canada?
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • I can't say I like the idea of picking your own doctrine. Not because of the risk of everyone picking the same one - as this thread makes fairly clear, people's preferences are quite varied - but because the doctrine of a given country is an important part of why you choose to play as it.
      I also personally like the fact that each country uses the same doctrine each time. However, I haven't been playing for very long, so this predictability that I think of as just part of the game could well come across as tedious to long-time players.

I would like to see more countries using Pan-Asian.

Weighing in on the 'Axis is the good doctrine' discussion, as my strategy involves churning out as many units as I can afford and all but ignoring hitpoints until I've got them to the front line, it's only doctrine I actively avoid.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Well for my own 2 cents, I’d say it adds some diversity and makes more sense to keep it like it is. It makes more sense that a country would already have a set doctrine, but also forces players to learn how to play other doctrines, which better builds skill.

Edit: I would be fine with allowing doctrine change as a setting, but not a set rule that all games follow. Also Fox, welcome to the light side. Axis is not the best doctrine!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Well for my own 2 cents, I’d say it adds some diversity and makes more sense to keep it like it is. It makes more sense that a country would already have a set doctrine, but also forces players to learn how to play other doctrines, which better builds skill.

Edit: I would be fine with allowing doctrine change as a setting, but not a set rule that all games follow. Also Fox, welcome to the light side. Axis is not the best doctrine!
      I have always despised Axis, like i said, i think i drank too much water when i was arguing for it.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Water is great.

Fox-Company wrote:

I often have the most trouble fighting Axis players, even lost one or twice against them, which almost never happens at all, but possibly i am over-exaggerating, if given the choice of any Doctrine, i would always choose Allied.
      You say that as we have a horrible fight with an allied player…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Water is great.

Fox-Company wrote:

You say that as we have a horrible fight with an allied player…
      False, i just have yet to transport my troops there, but that is not the topic of the thread.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • turic95 wrote:

mhh it can be a good idea, my fav is allies because honestly for my lifestyle this is the only doctrine for me, i totaly disagree axis is good but idk i don't think can always going well
      Yeah, i think Allied is best aswell, i disagree with my former self about the Axis thing.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.