How to play Turkey in HWW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to play Turkey in HWW

I just joined an HWW round as Turkey. I have never played as Turkey in this map before. Does anyone here have experience that they would be willing to share?

Here’s some info about my game:
      • I’m in a coalition with Germany and the UK
      • Egypt, Italy and Persia are inactive
      • Romania and Yugo Slavia are both active
      • France is semi-active, but is a low rank
      • I’m in good supply of all resources except metal

If anyone has info to share, thank you! I’m just wondering what would be the best units to make, what directions to expand into, and stuff like that. Thanks!
    • One of the good things about playing Turkey is that you have several different expansion options. You can enter the Balkans (Greece, Bulgaria and Yugoslavia), the Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman and Egypt), or through Persia (Iraq, Iran, and some British and French colonies).

Something to consider: the terrain. Most of the eastern third of Turkey, as well as quite a few western provinces, are mountainous.

If your glass is half empty, that stinks.

If your glass is half full, you'll realize you can produce units that excel in mountainous combat, like Commandos, as well as investing in an air force. Commandos would be extremely well for invading Iraq and Iran because those countries don't start with heavy armour units, and have lots of large mountainous provinces.

Taking Egypt and Greece will give you virtual control over the entire eastern Mediterranean Sea, but Italy might not be too happy about that (if he's active).

Expanding into Yugoslavia could potentially give you a large border with Germany, depending on how much he's expanded.
      So that's probably not a good idea.

Of course, if several countries are invading the USSR, by all means, join in the fun. You should be able to get away with, at the very least, 3 or 4 cities, including a double-resource city (Stalingrad).

And if you're not friends with UK and/or France, feel free to grab their colonies as well.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • recommended path:

*blitz persia
      *hit iraq afterwards
      *make sure you have a strong navy or at the least alot of naval bombers nearly all your core cities are within range of battleships so you wanne be able to stop nations like the UK and especially italy to just abuse that fact making you unable to contest your core cities whatsoever
      * do not expand into greece/yugoslavia unless the italy player is inactive, it will most likely compell them to attack you way sooner then you'd like
      *dont ally with egypt you'd compete for a strong power base to work from before expanding futher entails having to pick a fight with 1 of the major players, you being strong and having a strong ally a bit futher away is worth more then being average with a average ally nearby
      *while other people might have said "just grab france and UK's colonies" i again woudnt do so unless you're confident you can beat their navy, having people systematically level all your cities with you being completely unable to do anything about it is not fun
    • In general, picking on a major colonial power early in the game is a very bad idea.
      They have established armies, navies, and air forces. With much better research levels.
      It will take a while to catch up to any colonial power, in any part of the tech tree.
      Invest wisely.
      Be patient.
      Keep improving your technology and expanding into less advanced countries.
    • Heck yeah! I’ve played Turkey on HWW so many times, I think I won a solo as them once. The trick in YOUR case is to take Syria while your coalition takes France (I can solo France as Germany, so the UK and Turkey are overkill) then you should blitz Persia and Iraq as Descended Demon said. Using a well made fleet to take Egypt, Libya and Greece would be a smart plan. Meanwhile your Allie’s can lock down Western Europe, and you can both collaborate on the Balkans. With all that done you can storm the rest of Europe and Africa, pushing through to Asia with hopefully victory.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Heck yeah! I’ve played Turkey on HWW so many times, I think I won a solo as them once. The trick in your case is to take Syria while your coalition takes France (I can solo France as Germany, so the UK and Turkey are overkill) then you should blitz Persia and Iraq as Descended Demon said. Using a well made fleet to take Egypt, Libya and Greece would be a smart plan. Meanwhile your Allie’s can lock down Western Europe, and you can both collaborate on the Balkans. With all that done you can storm the rest of Europe and Africa, pushing through to Asia with hopefully victory.
      Solo win he said, as he continues to point out his plan that involves coalition members.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Solo win he said, as he continues to point out his plan that involves coalition members.
      That was just one game. I did a couple coalitions too. I even won an all countries map with a coalition as them. Was just discussing coalition victory because the OP is in one. That’s why I said in YOUR case.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

That was just one game. I did a couple coalitions too. I even won an all countries map with a coalition as them. Was just discussing coalition victory because the OP is in one. That’s why I said in YOUR case.
      Maybe you should make that more visible to read, lol.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.