Suggestion: Newspaper articles related to war & surrnedering

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion: Newspaper articles related to war & surrnedering

So, I know the newspaper regularly updates when you capture/lose a province, when you declare war, and when you destroy/lose units.
      I was thinking that every so often, the newspaper would post a short article commenting on the war based on the popularity of the two nations fighting.
      Like, when an unpopular nation (X) attacks a popular one (Y), the newspaper could say something like "The feared country of X invaded the peaceful nation Y. Another heinous act by X!"
      Or, when a popular nation attacks an unpopular one. "(Name), the leader of Y has declared war on X. Perhaps this could be considered a form of holy war."
      And then articles would come out based on how the war is going. Such as mentioning how long the war has lasted, the morale trend in the nations, casualties, and predictions.
      Now, in regards to surrendering.
      There should be an option to surrender to your opponent. If you chose that option, all provinces would instantly transfer to the winning nation. Troops would not however and neither would spies. Buildings would all be there, but morale would drop by 50% or something. And lastly, maybe 10% off all resources (except manpower) transfer to the winning nation.
      AI would be more likely to surrender when their capital is taken. And would definitely surrender when all their cities were taken.
    • I like the suggestion regarding added commentary about the popularity of the nations involved.

While I also agree with the sentiment around surrendering, I mean what entire countries literally fight to the last man? Anyway, Bytro is constantly trying to combat multi-accounters. The surrender option would probably be horribly unbalancing because of them. Imagine someone joins a game with two accounts, declares war and instantly surrenders to the main account.
    • Here are some of my newspaper article suggestions that I hope will get implemented someday:
      1. Nation X has low morale across their country.
      2. Nation X has imposed a trade embargo on Nation Y.
      3. Nation X is now undergoing research of nuclear weapons.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • but the soviets didn't start screaming from the rooftops

Thoze damzed Americanz iz rezearching nuklear bombardiers, camaradez

did they
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Maybe make it so that if they lose all their core cities, they have the option to surrender, and AI will automatically take it? Otherwise I agree with the updates, more newspaper stuff would feel very cool, and add to the game quite a bit.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Maybe make it so that if they lose all their core cities, they have the option to surrender, and the attacker automatically take it? Otherwise I agree with the updates, more newspaper stuff would feel very cool, and add to the game quite a bit.
      Just revised your idea to my idea.
      Yay! Oh but I meant the AI take it as in the AI will the take the surrender option!

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Maybe make it so that if they lose all their core cities, they have the option to surrender, and the attacker automatically take it? Otherwise I agree with the updates, more newspaper stuff would feel very cool, and add to the game quite a bit.
      Yay! Oh but I meant the AI take it as in the AI will the take the surrender option!
      Oh, I thought you meant I’d the treaty is signed, the remaining past of the country is controlled by the AI (not the player)
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Oh, I thought you meant I’d the treaty is signed, the remaining past of the country is controlled by the AI (not the player)
      Yeah no I meant take the treaty, lol. Anyway this is a nice quote chain we are making!

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Yeah no I meant take the treaty, lol. Anyway this is a nice quote chain we are making!
      Yes :D

Unfortunately, the mods don’t really put up with quote chains that don’t stay on topic...
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Yes :D
      Unfortunately, the mods don’t really put up with quote chains that don’t stay on topic...
      Alright, Alright, it’s time to let the chain end… RIP.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Yes :D Unfortunately, the mods don’t really put up with quote chains that don’t stay on topic...
      Alright, Alright, it’s time to let the chain end… RIP.
      Last reply! 8)