Cheating?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just joined a game and three users sent me multiple messages saying they don't want to play anymore and offering to give me all their resources. Except they were actually asking me to give them all of mine!

In fact, this is the second game I join where someone tries this stunt. It's a huge put off. Could this feature please be restricted to prevent it?

Please see pic attached.
      Images
      • error.jpg

60.12 kB, 1,292×455, viewed 17 times
    • Erecon wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Anyone who does this I make a point of destroying.

Completely and utterly. To the last province.
      1v1 without gold challenge accepted
      That’s hilariously! Gold use is designed to be discreet. You brag about using sleazy tricks to scam players out of resources then challenge someone to a gold free match and expect them to think you have the integrity to keep your word of no gold. That could be the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• 6thDragon wrote:

Erecon wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

That’s hilariously! Gold use is designed to be discreet. You brag about using sleazy tricks to scam players out of resources then challenge someone to a gold free match and expect them to think you have the integrity to keep your word of no gold. That could be the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while.
      I guess since you are in the same alliance as him you dont have any intergrity either. ( maybe you guys should have another sister alliance called "gold eklipze" ? I dont brag about using trades, can you quote where I did that??
    • Erecon wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Erecon wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

I guess since you are in the same alliance as him you dont have any intergrity either. ( maybe you guys should have another sister alliance called "gold eklipze" ? I dont brag about using trades, can you quote where I did that??
      I’m not convinced you understand what integrity means.

You mean to tell me you can’t find your own quotes in other threads?
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Erecon wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Erecon wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

I’m not convinced you understand what integrity means.
      You mean to tell me you can’t find your own quotes in other threads?
      I do, do you? Please quote where I brag or be silent.
    • You were quite vocal in saying that you use this sleazy trick, and don't feel ashamed about it at all. That may not technically be bragging but it is damn close, especially since you actually seem to be proud of it.

"I rob banks for a living"; it depends on the context if it is bragging or not.

As for z00mz00m's imago, I'm 100% sure he doesn't coin unless as a retaliation against someone seriously coining first. So figure out if this storyteller of yours didn't start poofing units first?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

You were quite vocal in saying that you use this sleazy trick, and don't feel ashamed about it at all. That may not technically be bragging but it is damn close, especially since you actually seem to be proud of it.

"I rob banks for a living"; it depends on the context if it is bragging or not.

As for z00mz00m's imago, I'm 100% sure he doesn't coin unless as a retaliation against someone seriously coining first. So figure out if this storyteller of yours didn't start poofing units first?
      Its not a trick, and I do not try to persuade people to accept the trade, its in the game, and I just use the trade mechanic. As I wrote in my first post about it, people accept the trades cause of different reasons and have ranks up to General that accepts the trades. I am vocal about it, because people appearently want to put their hate on someone. ( and not the designers of this game ) As for the person you mention, it seems to me that he tricked you into believing that. ( or just didnt do it because it went to plan and didnt meet resistance, you can ask Ghar75 since he did it against him, its also from him I got the quote about this persons 2 gears. ) I just reacted on it because he wanted to destroy anyone using this kind of trading. ( it shouldnt be hard for a general like him to show a corporal how to win a 1v1 without gold use )
    • It's not a trick? Yeah, and the sea is red.

I know him well, he doesn't use gold. Don't tarnish someone's reputation on this kind of hearsay. By the sound of it, this Ghar person (if he actually exists?) is a coiner himself who got burnt by someone who spent more AFTER he started using it himself. I don't know what you mean by 2 gears.

Given your moral standards, I wouldn't be surprised if you made all this up anyway.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • As you astutely pointed out, Z00mZ00m and I are in the same alliance and I happen to have access to the game channel on our discord for that map you are referencing. While I wasn't on that map, I can see the conversation history pretty clearly. You're conveniently omitting a very significant detail. Your buddy admitted to my guys on that map that one of his partners gold rushed completion of an air strip that they were able to use to dramatic effect. Because he admitted it to my guys, it stands to reason, he likely shared this with you as well and you are trying to scam your way through an ad hominin style attack. Nice try. Epic fail. I guess I can't blame you for trying since that's the one trick you know. I've been on gold checked maps with Z00mZ00m, he's a very good player. I've also had positive experience with Kelly's Heros too. I'm not sure what to think on this one.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

As you astutely pointed out, Z00mZ00m and I are in the same alliance and I happen to have access to the game channel on our discord for that map you are referencing. While I wasn't on that map, I can see the conversation history pretty clearly. You're conveniently omitting a very significant detail. Your buddy admitted to my guys on that map that one of his partners gold rushed completion of an air strip that they were able to use to dramatic effect. Because he admitted it to my guys, it stands to reason, he likely shared this with you as well and you are trying to scam your way through an ad hominin style attack. Nice try. Epic fail. I guess I can't blame you for trying since that's the one trick you know. I've been on gold checked maps with Z00mZ00m, he's a very good player. I've also had positive experience with Kelly's Heros too. I'm not sure what to think on this one.
      When you are in the same alliance and he is your buddy - why wouldnt I and others think you might destort the story ( spinning it ) And I dont see you guys ever play AvAs
    • Erecon wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

As you astutely pointed out, Z00mZ00m and I are in the same alliance and I happen to have access to the game channel on our discord for that map you are referencing. While I wasn't on that map, I can see the conversation history pretty clearly. You're conveniently omitting a very significant detail. Your buddy admitted to my guys on that map that one of his partners gold rushed completion of an air strip that they were able to use to dramatic effect. Because he admitted it to my guys, it stands to reason, he likely shared this with you as well and you are trying to scam your way through an ad hominin style attack. Nice try. Epic fail. I guess I can't blame you for trying since that's the one trick you know. I've been on gold checked maps with Z00mZ00m, he's a very good player. I've also had positive experience with Kelly's Heros too. I'm not sure what to think on this one.
      When you are in the same alliance and he is your buddy - why wouldnt I and others think you might destort the story ( spinning it ) And I dont see you guys ever play AvAs
      Once again with the assumptions! You assume that someone uses gold and that those who may defend them (WITH PROOF BY THE WAY!) are lying and trying to distort the thing. When you accuse someone the burden of proof is on you, they gave evidence for their statement, and you just took. Also just because you don’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not there. To pull an analogy like K.Rokossovski, I never see people eating so they gotta be zombies who don’t need food for some reason… WAIT A SEC-

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • The unfortunate part of this story is that we could have had a good game. Both the Danish Pirate (Erecon on the forum) and Kelly's Heroes know the game and play it well. They all showed considerable skill in their stack construction, usage of terrain, and tactical maneuvers.

But they also benefited greatly from the Danish Pirate's questionable "business dealings". Their unearned glut of resources allowed them to build a powerful army and pave Eurasia with level 3 infrastructure. Then one of the Kelly's Heroes (not GHAR75) perfectly timed a gold-powered demolition of my teammate's air force. These events forced my hand. I didn't want to get slowly ground down by a team who plays by a looser set of rules. So, I made Bytro happy and spent some gold to even the odds. The opposition gave up immediately, though the game was far from decided.

Just to be clear. If the Danish Pirate or another player wants to scam people, they are free to do so. I can't stop them. But I reserve the right to neutralize their ill-gotten advantage, by using gold if necessary. I consider it a service to the CoW community. Nothing personal. We all do what we think is right.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

The unfortunate part of this story is that we could have had a good game. Both the Danish Pirate (Erecon on the forum) and Kelly's Heroes know the game and play it well. They all showed considerable skill in their stack construction, usage of terrain, and tactical maneuvers.

But they also benefited greatly from the Danish Pirate's questionable "business dealings". Their unearned glut of resources allowed them to build a powerful army and pave Eurasia with level 3 infrastructure. Then one of the Kelly's Heroes (not GHAR75) perfectly timed a gold-powered demolition of my teammate's air force. These events forced my hand. I didn't want to get slowly ground down by a team who plays by a looser set of rules. So, I made Bytro happy and spent some gold to even the odds. The opposition gave up immediately, though the game was far from decided.

Just to be clear. If the Danish Pirate or another player wants to scam people, they are free to do so. I can't stop them. But I reserve the right to neutralize their ill-gotten advantage, by using gold if necessary. I consider it a service to the CoW community. Nothing personal. We all do what we think is right.
      If someone uses gold it’s pretty fine to use gold back. It’s like shooting someone who is attacking you with a gun in a way. Just self defense. This seems justified in comparison since you didn’t do it first.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate