revert 100 player map to country pick

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I agree,
      dear developers, what is the point of implementing this? I guess you tried to disable people from playing in teams.
      Well imo it is totally bad idea, some people like to choose their actual country, or their favourite country, or the country where they will be able to play with navy...

Choosing a country is also a strategic movement, and this way you will just have lots of inactive players who will leave game until they get a decent country. For example take me, i still have desire and willingnes to play this game after all those crashes, and i will register to dozens of games if needed untill i get a country i want, but sooner or later i will stop playing if stupid changes likes this occur.
    • kyrie626 wrote:

If a team of 10 players joins randomly but works together, chances are they can accomplish a hell of a lot... a full of alliance of 20? No excuse not to win. ;)

I believe that making it random is fine. The issue of players abandoning map is common to all map sizes.

yes, but when it was country pick each and every map was filled, a true challenge , and in fact the only challenge as the rest of the maps are 99% inactive after 1 week

here is another suggestion:

have , at every time, 1 map with random pick and 1 map with country pick open. do not open new maps till these are filled.

you will notice that 10 country pick maps are filled until the random pick one does. that should tell all the story...
    • nemuritor98 wrote:

unless they changed it again, you can pick the country
      Correct. Unless they have recently changed something with regard to the 100-player world map, whether a given game includes the players selecting particular countries of their own choice, or countries are assigned to players randomly, that is an option chosen by the game's creator when he sets the game up.

For the benefit of others (as Nemo already knows this), the game creator can also chose to use the anti-cheat option (required for ranked games), to enable the "crates" supply drops (or not), to only start the game when all playable countries (or other, pre-selected number) are filled with human players, to enable the elite AI (costs gold), and several other options.