Why do People Love Militia?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Oh yes there are bad units. Heavy tanks, commando's, and flying bombs/rockets spring to mind, but there are more.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Rockets are most certainly not a bad unit, Commandos are good in some situations, Flying Bombs, yes, for the most part bad, but i guess they can be used in a pinch. And Heavy Tanks are just straight up garbage.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Being "good in some situations" isn't enough; a unit needs to be good in the majority of situations.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Being "good in some situations" isn't enough; a unit needs to be good in the majority of situations.
      It really depends on the situation, in some situations they can be really good, so you produce them then, i don't produce Commandos unless i need them, and when they ARE good, they are overwhelmingly good, so, yes, being good in some situations is enough.

And its not like someone will go for Commandos only, every game, so they are a situational unit, only used when needed.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Can we talk about heavy tanks for a second though? What’s the point? Even in axis doctrine they just don’t justify the cost. Too slow, get pummeled by planes and artillery, while medium and light tanks just work better. It feels like they need some sort of boost in damage, though it does make sense they are slow and expensive. Real world armies basically use medium and sometimes light tables for a reason. They are more versatile, fitting a main battle tank role. Still doesn’t make heavy tanks suck less though.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • I found it interesting that, to build per hit-point, heavy tanks use less manpower, iron, fuel and money than medium tanks, and only a little more rare earths.

I've played this game on and off for ten years (mostly off, which explains why I still suck at it, lol)... One day I'll go all-in on heavy tanks as part of economic/war strategy, to test whether they can be a viable strategy.

Perhaps someone else has already done this?
    • Kolonnos wrote:

I found it interesting that, to build per hit-point, heavy tanks use less manpower, iron, fuel and money than medium tanks, and only a little more rare earths.

I've played this game on and off for ten years (mostly off, which explains why I still suck at it, lol)... One day I'll go all-in on heavy tanks as part of economic/war strategy, to test whether they can be a viable strategy.

Perhaps someone else has already done this?
      I would like to see this be done, but no one has done it before to our knowledge, if you do this, i would be interested with the result, but the win would have to be Solo and preferably a smaller map or else it will never work, ever.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Oh yes there are bad units. Heavy tanks, commando's, and flying bombs/rockets spring to mind, but there are more.
      You forgot Strategic Bombers.
      I hope you are joking, lol

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Oh yes there are bad units. Heavy tanks, commando's, and flying bombs/rockets spring to mind, but there are more.
      You forgot Strategic Bombers.
      I hope you are joking, lol
      Strategic bombers are a waste. Instead of destroying enemy buildings, you can use them to your own benefit.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Re: heavy tank strat, I've tried it a couple times for shits and giggles. Both times on the America map, I think once as Colombia and once as Venezuela. It's viable in the same way that any unit combination is viable in the hands of a good player. The advantages are obvious, basically being able to run over 99% of stacks if your opponents' aren't countering you. Unfortunately, the counters are obvious, which is why I don't think I'd do it on a WaW map. All in all, it was a lot of fun and made for a great set-it-and-forget it game that didn't require Fire Control, but it's generally inferior to strategies that focus on ranged units. I would absolutely do it again though.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Re: heavy tank strat, I've tried it a couple times for shits and giggles. Both times on the America map, I think once as Colombia and once as Venezuela. It's viable in the same way that any unit combination is viable in the hands of a good player. The advantages are obvious, basically being able to run over 99% of stacks if your opponents' aren't countering you. Unfortunately, the counters are obvious, which is why I don't think I'd do it on a WaW map. All in all, it was a lot of fun and made for a great set-it-and-forget it game that didn't require Fire Control, but it's generally inferior to strategies that focus on ranged units. I would absolutely do it again though.

What unit are you talking about?

Militia or SB?
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Heavy tanks, just making the point that they aren't terrible, they're usually just not the best option.
      Heavy Tanks are basically Medium Tanks on steroids. They have one of the highest HP values (of non-nuclear units) in the game, but are also one of the most expensive units in the game. They're also painfully slow, and completely vulnerable to Attack Bombers.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Being "good in some situations" isn't enough; a unit needs to be good in the majority of situations.
      It really depends on the situation, in some situations they can be really good, so you produce them then, i don't produce Commandos unless i need them, and when they ARE good, they are overwhelmingly good, so, yes, being good in some situations is enough.
      And its not like someone will go for Commandos only, every game, so they are a situational unit, only used when needed.
      Commandos are good if you are a mountainous country (like Tibet or Romania)

Otherwise, I don't build them.
    • Just to spite K.Rossov's comment about Commandos being bad, i am going to play a round, with only Commandos and get a solo win, despite me knowing i have a 3% chance of winning, i am willing to risk it.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Just to spite K.Rossov's comment about Commandos being bad, i am going to play a round, with only Commandos and get a solo win, despite me knowing i have a 3% chance of winning, i am willing to risk it.
      Hey doesn’t mean we are gonna miss out on the next game eh?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate