Players Exploiting Resource Trades

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The sea is red. The fact that everyone else thinks it blue is just their personal opinion; it is quite obviously red.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • You're kidding me? It is mauve.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Erecon wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

The sea is red. The fact that everyone else thinks it blue is just their personal opinion; it is quite obviously red.
      So things become facts when 5 members of a forum have the same views? Maybe you should get a reality check?
      So if one person says the sky is red and the ground is purple, that means it is?
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • On the nature of this tactic and the people who use it, my opinion is as follows:
      1. This is a war game, so people are going to use dirty tricks to win. It's part it and those who can't handle this should probably find a different game to play.
      2. However, most of said dirty tricks are ones that are possible in a real life war.
      3. The dirty trick described in this thread is only possible because of the lack of clarity in an aspect of the interface.
      4. Exploiting said lack of clarity is an abuse of the game mechanics.
      5. Weaponising this against new players (or, heck, not-so-new players who nonetheless have not encountered this before) is not something to be proud of.
      6. However, especially for more seasoned players, you are at least partly responsible for accepting said trade without investigating it closely, especially the 'too good to be true' variety where you appear to be getting someone's entire stock for next to nothing.
      The lesson: nobody comes out of these scams looking good.

Regardless of the validity of the tactic, I think updating the trade interface would save some confusion as to what's being given and what's being taken.
      I can tell which one is which pretty easily myself, but 1) I play on desktop, so I don't know if it's harder to tell on mobile, and 2) since people are complaining about it (and related topics have made it onto multiple threads), evidently it is an issue. Just because it is obvious to you, doesn't make it obvious to everyone.
      I don't imagine it would take a huge amount of effort to fix; it wouldn't make any real difference to those who don't find it to be an issue currently, but would help those who do. Looks like an all-round win to me.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

1. This is a war game, so people are going to use dirty tricks to win. It's part it and those who can't handle this should probably find a different game to play.
      I disagree. Just because it's a war game doesn't mean we should accept "dirty tricks" as part of the game. Games have a community culture. It's up to the community to decide what that culture is. I do agree that the community is split on this topic which is unfortunate for those that like the game, but don't like certain aspects of the culture.
    • DxC wrote:

Lady Aragosta wrote:

I disagree. Just because it's a war game doesn't mean we should accept "dirty tricks" as part of the game. Games have a community culture. It's up to the community to decide what that culture is. I do agree that the community is split on this topic which is unfortunate for those that like the game, but don't like certain aspects of the culture.
      Which comes back to my suggestion: that the game should tell you what you're getting and what you're giving.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • The intent is to scam, the question is not whether the victim was new or greedy or gets what they deserve. We are a community of different nations and languages. We should make it clear for all, experienced and new alike. Currently, it is poorly worded and not clear even for native english speakers. It is hard to tell who is getting what and who is receiving what on mobile app, and the order switches based on if you are sending or receiving the trades? Dont know. It's hard to know who "we" is and "they" is: Why not replace that with the players name? Why can't we have a clear confirm screen anytime you are giving up resources? It's not like it should be normal to have dozens of trades to accept in a short and you could always add a "dont show this warning box" if it was slowing you down too much from giving away all your resources. I think this should fix the scam problem.

I will admit, I have accidentally clicked on one of the wrong icons in after frustration from seeing 6 or so obviously scummy trades and just wanting to clear them fast. I will also admit, I still sometimes click the red phone icon instead of the green one when I get a call on my phone. If it said answer or reject clearly, I would not have made those mistakes. Icons suck. Twice I gained intel on the scammers and saw that they had many takers for accepting all the trades, and all of them went AI on day 4 if they were not killed by then, so they basically quit that first day. The result is not different than account pushing.
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

I Even got scammed when I was a noob
      Me too: I was playing as Egypt in 22p Clash and my neighbor Libya offers to trade my city Luxor for 5,000 money. He said "here's an extra city for you, I don't need it" when in reality he was taking my city and giving me 5,000. This was back in the days when you could give away core provinces. I accepted the trade and found out that he had indeed taken the city. I declared war on him and captured Luxor back before it could be of any use to him. We fought for about 3 ingame days. I was able to finish off Libya before getting steamrolled by Turkey.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Destructo the Great wrote:

I Even got scammed when I was a noob
      Me too: I was playing as Egypt in 22p Clash and my neighbor Libya offers to trade my city Luxor for 5,000 money. He said "here's an extra city for you, I don't need it" when in reality he was taking my city and giving me 5,000. This was back in the days when you could give away core provinces. I accepted the trade and found out that he had indeed taken the city. I declared war on him and captured Luxor back before it could be of any use to him. We fought for about 3 ingame days. I was able to finish off Libya before getting steamrolled by Turkey.
      Instant Karma:
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.