Coalition cooldown on speed maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalition cooldown on speed maps

On the speed maps, the 36h cooldown for leaving a coalition is simply WAY too long... on 4x, it is actually six in-game days; in other words, a lifetime. I think it is the only thing that was NOT divided by the speed factor, but it really should be... I've had several cases where the only reason a map didn't end was because one of the intended coalition partner's cooldowns didn't end yet, and everyone is just standing around waiting for that to happen.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • just dividing by speed factor would not "hurt" tho in higher speed maps, so we picked custom values. The cooldown could otherwise be over even before the player logs back in. The cooldown is there to prevent coalition hopping at least slightly, also to prevent such "create winnung coalition in the last minute" cases :P i know not everyone might like it.
    • freezy wrote:

just dividing by speed factor would not "hurt" tho in higher speed maps, so we picked custom values. The cooldown could otherwise be over even before the player logs back in. The cooldown is there to prevent coalition hopping at least slightly, also to prevent such "create winnung coalition in the last minute" cases :P i know not everyone might like it.
      I do get where you are coming from but realistically wars have been won by betraying last minute. At least a day rather would be more sensible right? I mean when you’re at the point where it’s common a round won’t end, even through you’ve basically won since you just have to wait for a cooldown to end, it’s probably too long, yes?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

freezy wrote:

just dividing by speed factor would not "hurt" tho in higher speed maps, so we picked custom values. The cooldown could otherwise be over even before the player logs back in. The cooldown is there to prevent coalition hopping at least slightly, also to prevent such "create winnung coalition in the last minute" cases :P i know not everyone might like it.
      I do get where you are coming from but realistically wars have been won by betraying last minute. At least a day rather would be more sensible right? I mean when you’re at the point where it’s common a round won’t end, even through you’ve basically won since you just have to wait for a cooldown to end, it’s probably too long, yes?
      I get your point, but Bytro sometimes has to sacrifice REALISM for PLAYABILITY.

Most players probably do not like it when their allies leave their coalition and backstab you. I certainly don't.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

freezy wrote:

I get your point, but Bytro sometimes has to sacrifice REALISM for PLAYABILITY.
      Most players probably do not like it when their allies leave their coalition and backstab you. I certainly don't.
      Yeah, that’s why I said a day instead of twelve hours. This would make it double what it’s supposed to and make a balance between both.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate